Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wark Say posted:

Like, at this point isn't M4A something that polls insanely high even with the Fox-watching chud base?

yea. The only time support dips is when they start doing dumbass leading questions like "Do you support M4A...EVEN IF IT MEANS LOSING YOUR INSURANCE AND PAYING HIGH TAXES FOR WORSE CARE????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol he's not gonna get a delay but 'UH HOW BOUT NO CENSUS THEN?!' is such a great flail.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kale posted:

I don't understand this line of reasoning at all really but okay. Like I sort of do but it's a really twisted sort of logic to me that makes it looks like it's okay to just shrug at the Republicans blatant evil and lack of empathy and humanity cause "it's expected", but not Democrats to kind of duck a question about a Republicans purported wrongdoing. It's just a little bit of a double standard but okay.

Like you can see how this is kind of weird right. Spending time talking up challengers to Pelosi in 2020 than considering further strategy on how to get rid of Trump aka the actual accused rapist in this situation.

the idea is that we don't really need to waste energy on republicans. Their party is a party of overt hate and cruelty, if you're a Republican in 2019 you're saying you're fine with all that poo poo. As Democrats, though, we're supposed to be opposed to all that though, that wasn't part of the package we signed on to, so we do have to hold our leaders feet to the fire to maintain their ideals.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

plogo posted:

I really don’t get Schumer’s reasoning here.

almost none of the people hurt by this system will be able to hold him accountable and he genuinely doesn't give a poo poo about them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

also she literally had a big love in with Glenn Beck because he spent like five minutes saying 'gee Trump is rude'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol Trump's randomly going to South Korea and straight up tweeted 'hey Kim if u see this I'll say hi'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
really unironically I hope he gets kidnapped. Not hurt or anything, he's dumb enough he'd probably happily do movies for Kim or whatever the gently caress so I don't think this counts as a threat, I just think it'd be very funny if our big wet president got straight abducted by a foriegn power like it's 1400.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

immortalyawn posted:

Be interesting to know what the protest did as far as cleaning up after, and how connected they actually were to the area they protested.

did you get lost on the way to Fox Nation's forums?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

immortalyawn posted:

shipping in protesters just to fight cops rather than creating community is pretty poo poo.

ship your own piss into your face my good dude

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Herstory Begins Now posted:

TBF A lot of this is because a lot of the insane stuff is completely true and was especially so in the 90s and early 2000s back when access to NK was extremely limited and even the credible first hand accounts of peoples' travel there were extremely bizarre if not outright surreal. And that was at a time where literally one of NKs major industries was counterfeiting $100 bills and animating interstitial frames of animated tv shows

I mean, this is the exact problem. A lot of the 'insane stuff' is not true at all. The 'insane stuff' you're talking about is stuff like 'they shoot you if you don't smile and kiss the portrait of a Kim when you pass' or whatever and that's just complete fiction made up to do some straight up fearmongering about the scary asians. Like, you see it in reporting still, remember when Kim allegedly had the organizer of the summits disappeared, then after a couple days of reporting that the dude was at a loving concert live on TV? What did western media do? Apologize, examine why they keep falling for "KJU straps uncle to AA canon and feeds chunks to dogs that ate his grade school crush who rejected him" lies? No, you had op eds about how even if it wasn't true, the fact that they reported on it at all should show how scary and dangerous NK really is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CommieGIR posted:

There's a reason no other president was willing to meet with KJU in person like this. Because KJU is just little for fodder for his propaganda, not to actually make any amends or restore social ties.

It's weird how we meet with guys like the Saudis and all when this is exactly true for them too, but no one ever brings that up?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CommieGIR posted:

Unfortunately Popehat decided that Ngo is a Journalist despite his history:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1145160476323508229?s=20

weird how the dude who let a literal open and proud neo-nazi use his platform for free purely because of ~free speech~ sides with the fascist on this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I put bone hurting juice in the milkshake

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know it's such a minor thing but seeing what garbage Trump throws together in 3 days to 'salute america' will at least be funny

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
remember when trump randomly had a national anthem listening party because some sports team didn't wanna see him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol that Gallagher psycho got not guilty on all counts, military justice is a joke

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know it's dumb to be shocked that the military justice system is corrupt and evil but lol @ Gallagher literally saying 'YEA I STABBED THE GUY BUT ANYONE SAYING I KILLED HIM IS A LAZY MILLENEAL SEAL NOT LIKE ME A BRAVE REAL SEAL' and a jury of his stupid rear end high school dropout peers going 'yarp, sounds right'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's a little amazing to hear the words 'millennial SEALs' as a real legal defense but here we are

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Didn't some other guy testify that he actually committed the murders with immunity from the prosecutor? I'm sure I'm misremembering to some degree.

some doctor literally said Eddie stabbed the dude but he covered the air tube to kill him, and he magically had an assurance of immunity to tell it so somehow A) 'yea he did stab this helpless child in the neck for sure' isn't actually a crime, and B) nothing will happen to the dude who said he killed the kid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flip Yr Wig posted:

So, was that supposed to be evidence in favor of the defense, that Gallagher wasn't actually responsible and this guy who can't be prosecuted is? Is this lunatic scenario real?

it's a loving amazing trial to look up my dude. Gallagher literally said the multiple SEALs accusing him of murder were 'millennials' who were whiny wimps who couldn't handle him being a real manly tough guy leader, and then yea the defense had their star witness literally confirm he did indeed stab a captured, restrained, child in the neck, but it's ok because the doctor, a friend of Gallagher's, said he did the iggy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arglebargle III posted:

Wait you can do that? Get immunity then confess so the whole crew gets off?

yea man gently caress laws it was just a bunch of arabs he terrorized and murdered we're the unstoppable imperial juggernaut paving the world's roads with bones.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Meridian posted:

I have had otherwise reasonable people try to down play the deaths that have been reported so far, and it amazes me that they can't see how rapidly this is escalating.

It is horrifying.

we've become addicted to the myth that the holocaust just happened one day, no German knew about it, no one heard any idea of it, they all just woke up one day and oh poo poo death camps. It's a really powerful myth because breaking it requires admitting that millions of people actually fully knew what was happening in their country and were powerless to stop it and we super don't love admitting that now because...ya know...the camps...

It's way easier to just say 'oh no that can't happen here those migrants were already sick/starving when they got here and just died out of our control' instead of 'we're killing people and most of us kinda can't stop it'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MSNBC is garbage but lol that they're the only ones who consistently don't indulge trump's media attention fetish

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OAquinas posted:

CNN is totally going to air it, uncut.

they'll compromise to show true integrity, they'll show it uncut but before it Jim Acosta will frown in a VERY serious manner

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait, didn't one of them actually do that? Like they agreed to air some insane Trump event but before and after it they had some 'fact check' thing no one gave a poo poo about?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pence isn't getting bumped, for one thing we'd know about it hours ago if he was because his staff is all teeth grinding evangelical psychos who think god himself chose them to save america

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pseudanonymous posted:

You can't... "bump" the VP. They're elected and protected legally and constitutionally. You can ignore them and shuffle them off, but the only way to get rid of the VP I'm aware of is to impeach them.

you don't have to run on the same ticket your second time, that's what some very dumb people think is gonna happen

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Otteration posted:

We have also become addicted to the myth that we can do nothing. It's also a really powerful myth. Those millions living next to the camps knew, but they just chose to do nothing. Or they succumbed to the myth that they could do nothing. Do something.

you get there's a lot of difference between doing things like donating to immigrant rights groups and protesting (good things to do still) and actually 'doing something' for the people in the camps right? Like you seem to kinda take this weird simultaneously disaffected and also kinda smug tone about this poo poo where you act like if only the idiot at the bar drinking their beer would /care/ harder this would be fixed but when it comes to 'how do we get the people out of camps' the answer for 99% of america is either 'get an AK and do a suicide mission' or 'keep protesting the fascists in charge and hope things change' which, again, good thing to do, but considering our main opposition party is also run by fascists who don't give a poo poo about the people in camps you get why a lot of people are disillusioned for reasons other than just being too busy drinking at a bar to care, right?

That's the uncomfortable truth on this, we can do a lot to try to make things less terrible, but when it comes to actionable 'there's people in camps right now dying, we need to get them out like right now, how?' there's actually not an answer other than 'hope the fascists get kicked out in masse'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Charlz Guybon posted:

He can just refuse to renominate him, as many pre-WW2 presidents did with their VPs, and run on a Trump/Trump 2020 ticket.

yea people are really overthinking how this works. It's stupid, he won't do it, but there's no elaborate process or whatever, the ticket can be whatever the candidate wants as long as it fits the requirements for the job.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

what does this even mean

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

im sure Bill Barr will stop this!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

more like "is posed for pictures standing by a fence like the pictures of AOC at the border fence" and other gross poo poo

yea if it was just that it'd be gross and dumb but normal right wing bullshit. This one was this freak dressing their kid as AOC at a chainlink fence specifically mocking her pain at the first time she visited one of these concentration camps as 'when the park is closed'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EmbryoSteve posted:

Disagree. I may not agree with his principles and he may be "dead as a door nail" there is likely a personal and professional cost for him to leave the party even if it is mostly symbolic and his political career is over. That takes courage. Don't have to agree or like him but I wish more people had principles beyond get elected stay elected.

he's a libertarian piece of poo poo and even if it did take 'courage' to pull the congressional 'you can't fire me, I quit!' move (it doesn't) he deserves to end his term hated by both sides for his long career of evil ghoul business.

it's like when he dunks on McCain for being a dead rear end bitch, you don't have to defend him, you can just chuckle and enjoy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1146821905888022529

Gotta get their cheering and clapping where they can, looks like.

these hogs never will admit it but I hope a good amount of them are genuinely disappointed and sad when they find out, the kinds of people who think we need some big dick swinging tank party absolutely deserve to have their day ruined.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Generic American posted:

Gotta get those chuds nice and soggy before they can listen to their big wet president.
https://twitter.com/Cpatrickis/status/1146868509474983943?s=19

alright, idiots, god spoke, time to go home

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

🎵 Someone left Trump's tank out in the rain🎵

how great would it be if this ended up doing actual damage to these vehicles trump had to have

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CubanMissile posted:

Has JFK Jr. emerged yet to arrest the Dems?

got spooked by the rain

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it feels like we're gonna find out 'weird tiny glass box' is technically a secret service option for security they provide and there'll be some picture of a past president in one too but there's no way Trump didn't push hard for the box personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mummy Xzibit posted:

So sad security won't be a huge problem with 30 people in attendance.

it feels like it's gonna be 'well we told him it was an option but most times president's don't take it, we just, ya know, have to brief him on every option he has, but he got super into it. He just started pounding the table screaming "PUT ME IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX" and wouldn't stop.'