Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

There Bias Two posted:

So what does this mean for user bans and tweet deletions?

I suspect nothing whatsoever but it may make retweeing accounts like PressSecBot more difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BofA is literally the last organization on the planet i would expect to take a stance on literally anything. They must have focus grouped the poo poo out of this policy.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Hello

It's me

I'm in South Korea dreaming 'bout the way things used to be

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Your Boy Fancy posted:

FIFA will move the World Cup to Kazakhstan and bar both USNTs from every tournament. They do not play about government interference in national federations. Manchin is potentially doing more damage to the USWNT than any other politician on Earth right now.

gently caress'em. If FIFA balks at the US trying to institute pay disparity then we shouldn't be a member.

poo poo if anything the women's team should be paid more given that they (a) actually qualified for (not alone won) their world cup, (b) are more successful in general and (c) are I believe* more popular in the US than the men's team, largely on account of (b)

* Talking out my rear end on this one.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Residency Evil posted:

Holy christ, just getting to this.

edit: is this getting traction at all?

Maybe I'm just too repulsed by the idea but I'm preeeeety sure if this were real it would have been an issue in 2016.

Edit: I really need to learn to Google before I reply. From a Vox article:

The Katie Johnson lawsuit: This is the only accusation against Trump for Epstein-related wrongdoing. An anonymous woman sued Trump in 2016, claiming that in 1994, he violently raped her at an orgy hosted by Epstein. She said she was 13 years old at the time, and accused Epstein of raping her as well. She first filed suit in California under the name “Katie Johnson,” and when it was thrown out there for technical reasons, she filed it in New York under “Jane Doe.”

But many journalists were wary about this claim. There was no corroborating evidence offered (except for affidavits from two anonymous people claiming to have been told of or witnessed it), and the suit appeared “to have been orchestrated by an eccentric anti-Trump campaigner with a record of making outlandish claims about celebrities,” the Guardian’s Jon Swaine wrote. Jezebel’s Anna Merlan tried for some time to get to the bottom of what was going on and concluded in June 2016, “The facts speak less to a scandal and more, perhaps, to an attempt at a smear.”

Trump himself said, “The allegations are not only categorically false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated.”

All that was before the Access Hollywood tape and before many women had spoken out publicly to accuse Trump of sexual assault. But even after that, the anonymity of “Katie Johnson” and the sketchiness of her associates kept mainstream US journalists wary about this accusation. She ended up withdrawing her lawsuit days before the 2016 election; her attorney Lisa Bloom said it was because she was getting death threats.

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 11, 2019

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dude's forehead looks like the trunk of a VW Beetle.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Literally "literally a cult."

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Crow Jane posted:

Hey dudes, been a while. Feast your eyes on this gem of a brochure a friend of mine got in the mail today:

I don't see anything in this flyer saying any of the money is going to the Trump campaign so all I can do is respect the hustle.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This tweet is in such passive tense that it doesn't even say if the man died, or was even hit.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
No I'm sorry I refuse to believe anyone born after 1910 is named Helga, this entire reality is false.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fuckin lol

I know ~access~ journalists like Maggie can be awfully grating when they uncritically repeat POTUS bullshit but sometimes you just have to lay a dumb poo poo bare doe all to see.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

As a former Airman this photo bafles and confuses me.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

RocktheCaulk posted:

Spent about 5 minutes on Twitter today and that was a mistake. Whole bunch of below average white guys calling for the death of the Democratic Congresswomen.

I kind of wonder, is life so blissfully simple and hate filled for CHUDs or do they live in some constant internal struggle?

I would suggest unfollowing the people you currently follow, and following decent people, accounts and gimmicks instead.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kammat posted:

In hilarious timing, they're kicking off "Women for Trump" today too.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/women-for-trump-pennsylvania-launch-lara-trump-20190716.html

Huh, didn't know we had a free trade agreement with Gor.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Literally the only effect of the GOP's Hail Mary here is to lay bare those House rules protecting Trump they snuck in there in 2016. I mean no one outside of this thread will ever give a poo poo but you have to admit that's pretty drat funny.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
useless?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Looks like she deleted the original tweet. Good thing screenshots exist!

Her tweet may be gone, but “1) RIP and 2) legitimately welcome to Hell.” is a quote for the ages and I hope to use it often as boomers go

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Epstein reeeeally doesnt want to surrender his fake passport he's had since the 80s.

https://twitter.com/big_cases/status/1151863215338508289?s=21

Apparently he doesn't want to reveal what travel he did using it?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This is a failing of Trump's staff at least as much as it is Trump's. What the gently caress are they doing not even giving him cliff notes on index cards?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

If they had, do you really think it would improve his comprehension? Do you seriously think he would take the time to read them and ensure that he's committed their contents to memory?

I would think even Trump would want to at least kinda know who the hell his house guest is. Maybe that's why I don't pretend to be a billionaire *shrug*

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

US Citizenship Exam (Non-Europeans only)

1) Write the name of your favorite President: ___________
2) Write the names and addresses of three undocumented immigrants you know: _______
20) Prove the following: The real part of every non-trivial zero of the Riemann zeta function is 1/2: _______

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Send Tim Horton back to Canada imo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

Magazine cover says 2017??

Commemorating twenty-two years since Lady Diana was murdered

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

thegalagakid posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the venerated and storied TATERSGONNATATE.COM and their team of crack investigative journalists ah gently caress it gently caress it all I'm having an aneurysm

I asked my dog, Tater. He says he's more hateful of intact male dogs and ponies.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I totally forgot about Ian Chong lmao he exists 🤣

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Congrats on your 2020 and 2024 victories President Trump

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

selec posted:

Or just riding it out because nobody expects that they’ll be the hero this moment requires, and the people most positioned to be that person aren’t up to the task

There is no shame in coming to the realization that you have been defeated.

1-800-273-TALK

Not joking, not referring specifically to you but a few of you are really worrying me this morning

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I appreciate the way his hair perfectly aligns with the slope of the roof in the first photo.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I feel like Muller spent six plus hours at the crack of Mount Doom, screaming at Pelosi, daughter of Elendil, to throw the articles of impeachment into the fire, and instead she just said 'eh, gently caress it' and went home.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

spunkshui posted:

So hes mad at the prosecutor but happy the defender got off?

The gently caress?

One of the tenets of conservative/FOX thought is that the concept of 'war crimes' does not apply to American servicemembers. War crimes are what you charge Bad Guys with, American servicemembers are by definition Good Guys, ergo there's no such thing as American war crimes.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

hidden_msg posted:

What is the over/under that Bezos is into weird sex garbage? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised

16 to 18 depending on the state but I'm not about to research the issue.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PhazonLink posted:

except when they're non regressives.

Another tenet of conservative/FOX thought is that American servicemembers are by definition Reagan Republicans. LGBTQ folk are both 'infesting' the military and also completely don't exist in the military.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How many mass shooters have been anything other than white? Significantly fewer than 1 in 10, right?

Eh. San Bernardino, Pulse, that dude who shot a bunch of cops in Houston or Dallas were all at least in the Trump-adjacent Helltime. Was going to say Chris Dorner but that was before the current Helltime.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Meanwhile Cloudflare continues to stand up for the true victims

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1157904912845402113?s=21

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, video games are on the lobbying level of the movie industry, there's no way the Repubs are going to be able to do much to them. Let alone that the vast majority of people are going to buy this excuse.

The point of bringing up video games is not to rein them in. It's chaff -- something GOP leaders and talking heads can bring up to distract from guns. And there's not much boomers like to blame this poo poo on more than video games.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Please do not follow noted bad-vest-wearer Neil de Grasse Tyson
Please do not follow noted billionaire manboy Elon Musk
Please follow noted planetary scientist and science writer Emily Lakdawalla
Please follow noted astrophysicist and science writer Katie Mack

thank you and God bless

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Also black hole computer scientist woman.

I don't believe she has a public twitter to follow and was rather turned back by the attention on her after the article came out, not least because she wan't prepared for the misogynist backlash which ensued

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bobjr posted:

Did the advertisers go back to Tucker or doe he just have cash for gold/my pillow stuff still?

I don't really think the primary mission of Fox News is to generate profit, if it ever was. At least not directly through advertisers.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

Why does trump have a list of racists

There's a reason it's called the White Pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This, my friends, is what a real crisis actor looks like.