Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You can't kick from DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
So for Hrothgar players, the people over at FFXIV mods have released a mod that enables 280 hats and counting for Hrothgar.

https://www.xivmodarchive.com/modid/24611

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Valhawk posted:

So for Hrothgar players, the people over at FFXIV mods have released a mod that enables 280 hats and counting for Hrothgar.

I don’t play a catdad but I assume if I install this I will be able to see all their hats. Gonna check it out.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Valhawk posted:

Is there a viera equivalent to this? Because a friend of mine mainly plays viera and she would LOVE a similar one.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Is there a viera equivalent to this? Because a friend of mine mainly plays viera and she would LOVE a similar one.

https://www.xivmodarchive.com/modid/25030

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Valhawk posted:

aw man. how hard is it to mod the game cause this is really really tempting

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Valhawk posted:

The madlads

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

Very easy. Download Textools from here: https://github.com/TexTools/FFXIV_TexTools_UI/releases/tag/v2.3.4.20. Install it, then download .ttmp2 files from that XIVModArchive, run Textools, then you can import that file to install the mob easy-peasy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kerrzhe posted:

You download a program. You download the mod. You load the mod into the program, you run the game.

It's how I got a sick back and arm tattoo of a pretty fan and koi swimming up my arms.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You don't even have to muck about with the TexTools UI, you can literally just double click on the .ttmp files after downloading them and the textools app will start up and install them.
I recommend keeping the mod files around though because you have to re-install after every patch.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dang. dang!!

this is fantastic!!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

:sickos:

Also, the Omega emotes will hover indefinitely until you move or perform another action and that's extremely neat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is there any chance they'll ever bring back the Goro stuff? I'm so bummed I missed out on those leather shorts :( There's no other pair of shorts in the game like them, the closest is the summer bottoms or whatever you can get from the fashion lady

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Never say never, but it was a cross-promotional deal that wasn't set up like Monster Hunter World's tie in (where they explicitly have permanent content in each other's games), so don't hold your breath, either.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Macaluso posted:

So is there any chance they'll ever bring back the Goro stuff? I'm so bummed I missed out on those leather shorts :( There's no other pair of shorts in the game like them, the closest is the summer bottoms or whatever you can get from the fashion lady

I was confused until I realized you meant Garo

Now I want an mk cross over event.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
For a second I thought it meant Majima, Patriarch of Majima Family, Tojo Clan Subsidiary. Which would be be rad as hell crossover.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

WoL and Kiryu look stoically at each other.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait until I'm level 50 on Scholar so I can stop running Qarn.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's cute how you think that'll help.

No, you'll be running Qarn three times a week. In fact the only time you won't be running Qarn is when ou're so resigned to it that you don't bother upgrading your equipment, then suddenly you're in Doma Castle with Shire gear desperately hoping nobody will notice.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My scholar is level 70 and Ive never played it :coal:

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

So I just realized that paying gil for an FC + House is a thing and I am very keen on saving up to do that rather than spending another minute of my time clicking signs outside of plots. Anyone have any experience with that? There's a whole community and discord I found around it, and their advice is to copypasta some contract into game chat and make the terms of the exchange clear via text so that GMs will refund you if you get scammed. I will just be very sad if I squirrel away gil for a few months and end up getting scammed with no recourse or something.

EDIT: Also I guess my one question I didn't see answered is that on the FAQ it said you needed to have some minimum number of members in your FC to buy a house, but if it ends up being just me after I buy the FC, will that be a problem? Like it's not going to demolish my house or delete the FC if there's only me in it?

Chomposaur fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 27, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

If you don't have the minimum number it just won't let you buy the plot. You can fill it up with alts if you get a friend to help you invite them. I don't think it should affect things if the house is already bought though

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you buy an FC with a house already, you don't need to purchase a new plot so it's a moot point. There are already a ton of single person FCs out there for people to have solo access to subs and airships anyways.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

An FC needs a minimum number of people to buy a house, it doesn't need a minimum number to retain them. The minimum people thing was done back when only FCs could buy a house, it was meant to keep people from buying/selling FCs with only one guy in them. Now that lone people can buy houses anyway it's a bit of a moot point.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Xun posted:

If you don't have the minimum number it just won't let you buy the plot. You can fill it up with alts if you get a friend to help you invite them. I don't think it should affect things if the house is already bought though

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If you buy an FC with a house already, you don't need to purchase a new plot so it's a moot point. There are already a ton of single person FCs out there for people to have solo access to subs and airships anyways.

Endorph posted:

An FC needs a minimum number of people to buy a house, it doesn't need a minimum number to retain them. The minimum people thing was done back when only FCs could buy a house, it was meant to keep people from buying/selling FCs with only one guy in them. Now that lone people can buy houses anyway it's a bit of a moot point.

Gotchya, thanks! I think I'm gonna just roll forward on saving up for an FC then, there's a fair amount of activity on the housing discord for my server and the prices while extremely jacked up are still within the realm of something I can save for just doing my normal routines. I got gently caress all else to do with money anyway haha.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Waffleman_ posted:

You’ll just start getting Aurum Vale instead!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

As long as your party has enough sense not to aggro the first room Aurum Vale is fine, and you'll pass it far quicker with the level relevant XP than repeat Qarn runs

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Aurum Vale seems way less bad now that everyone gets okay aoe rotations

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cleretic posted:

It's cute how you think that'll help.

No, you'll be running Qarn three times a week. In fact the only time you won't be running Qarn is when ou're so resigned to it that you don't bother upgrading your equipment, then suddenly you're in Doma Castle with Shire gear desperately hoping nobody will notice.

I love those days where I roll Qarn NM for 1-49 then Qarn HM for 5/6/7

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Playing through Puppet's Bunker again, my one and only hope for the 3rd Nier 24-person raid is that for the obligatory 3 party boss, it just goes full Drakengard and each group gets assigned to a Drakengard Protagonist + dragon; Caim and Angelus, Nowe and Legna, and Zero and Mikhail. With Comrade's Song from Drakengard 3 blaring

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MechaX posted:

Playing through Puppet's Bunker again, my one and only hope for the 3rd Nier 24-person raid is that for the obligatory 3 party boss, it just goes full Drakengard and each group gets assigned to a Drakengard Protagonist + dragon; Caim and Angelus, Nowe and Legna, and Zero and Mikhail. With Comrade's Song from Drakengard 3 blaring

Swap Nowe with 1 and Gabriella

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the aurum vale hate in this thread is baffling because its totally fine *except* when people try to skip the first room, gently caress it up, insist on trying it again, teleport to the first boss room while everyone is dead, etc. ive literally never had issues except when people try to do the thing everyone says is the only way to not have issues.

the first room takes like 2 minutes to clear too. i dont understand

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Swap Nowe with 1 and Gabriella

Yeah, but I need Gabriella as an NPC or a mount because they must be protected

Endorph posted:

the aurum vale hate in this thread is baffling because its totally fine *except* when people try to skip the first room, gently caress it up, insist on trying it again, teleport to the first boss room while everyone is dead, etc. ive literally never had issues except when people try to do the thing everyone says is the only way to not have issues.

Try healing an Aurum Vale run where no one eats fruits to dispel Poison on either the 1st or 3rd bosses and DPS is awful (and they don't eat fruit either)

And that's not even that uncommon either

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Isn't "skipping" the first room the intended way to do it, since the frogs are so strong compared to everything else? That's why it fucks people up because aggro management is basically not a thing in any point in the game before or after.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

Try healing an Aurum Vale run where no one eats fruits to dispel Poison on either the 1st or 3rd bosses and DPS is awful (and they don't eat fruit either)
i literally just did that and we had the black mage disconnect and it was still totally fine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Twibbit posted:

I was confused until I realized you meant Garo

Now I want an mk cross over event.

New movie coming out, no better time. I kinda can't believe how hyped I am for that thing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It was bad back in the day before they added like 40-70 potency to everyones attacks but the meme hasn't been super relevant in years now imo.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

i literally just did that and we had the black mage disconnect and it was still totally fine.

One sync'd or close to it DPS being competent is probably fine to burn through no one cleansing with fruit at all, assuming someone is on the up and up. If you have no competent DPS, it is absolutely not fine at all even these days.

And that says nothing about pre potency buffs and ARR dungeon nerfs.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 27, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Because pubbies are bad and even when I try to take it slow you get people bumbling around pulling a dozen groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MechaX posted:

I don't want it to go full Drakengard. If it goes FULL Drakengard I figure (speculation) one of the dwarves will end up eating the other.