Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
One decade on (premiered in 2008) and it ticks me off that it's spoken of in the same tier as The Sopranos and The Wire. The whole Janes dad/plane crash plotline is seriously the dumbest poo poo ever, Jesse was a very boring character and thematically/aesthetically the whole thing was very dull. Brian Cranston's post-Malcolm career trajectory has been a trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The day will probably never come considering how people still to this day pretend like Firefly wasn’t a complete toilet fire.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wizard Master

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Wizard Master posted:

One decade on (premiered in 2008) and it ticks me off that it's spoken of in the same tier as The Sopranos and The Wire. The whole Janes dad/plane crash plotline is seriously the dumbest poo poo ever,

Was the plane crash really as dumb as McNulty faking the serial killer?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I liked it at the time but even watching it the first time I had to skip entire segments (Walter's family bullshit) because it was so insufferable. Also I hate New Mexico and everything about it. I don't plan on ever rewatching it

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
:smuggo: ya it's no game of thrones.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Breaking Bad is better than both Sopranos and The Wire

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

nah it was pretty great

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

:jerkbag: to all levels of this post

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wizard Master posted:

Brian Cranston's post-Malcolm career trajectory has been a trainwreck.

You can't expect anything else he's done to live up to this standard

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

No it was a good show.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The wife really sucked and was lame.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is finally time to admit OP isn't a very good poster.

And should suck my balls.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Colonel Cancer posted:

The wife really sucked and was lame.

She didn't suck actually, that's why Walt was such a frustrated dork

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

It was actually totally fine and good you idiot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea OP. I think it's time to admit that Breaking Bad was actually a great show.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
TV culture plays a fundamental role in my life. Let me keep posting on and on across the internet about what shows I deem reputable and which ones I detest despite their popularity. Gaze upon my uncontained contrarianism and fall.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

breaking bad actually bad

star wars prequels actually good

the internet

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
clerks and the big lebowski are ultra low tier if you didnt watch them among your fellow stoner friends when were a teen

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im still steamed about LOST and mass effect 3, call me when they finaly make a good ending to those shows then ill watch another one

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
When Walt puts on the hat he becomes Heisenberg

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Clerks was legit good what are you talking about!?! The only bad thing is the removed ending.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The best HBO tv show is OZ. A gritty, realistic depiction of life in jail that includes ghosts, finger-nail murder, sci-fi pills that can make you an old man and the IRA.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
An Oz/Clerks crossover where Vern Sillinger "Schillinger!" laments that his prison bitch sucked 37 dicks.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
supermarket sweep was complete trash

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

One decade on (premiered in 2008) and it ticks me off that it's spoken of in the same tier as The Sopranos and The Wire. The whole Janes dad/plane crash plotline is seriously the dumbest poo poo ever, Jesse was a very boring character and thematically/aesthetically the whole thing was very dull. Brian Cranston's post-Malcolm career trajectory has been a trainwreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpq7o1mKXY

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The worst part was when Hank decided to like geodes and sit in bed for a few episodes. Riveting drama folks! I stopped watching soon after.

Garbage show for garbage people.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think I've got to the chicken man and was like ugh this show blows so I stopped watching.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I agree with the season 2 Jane's dad plane crash twist not feeling earned. Felt very tacky and overdone. Way to beat us over the head with turmoil where it wasn't really needed. But the other seasons had excellent twists, turns, and character resolution that worked for the most part. Breaking Bad owns. Gus is up there with the best fictional characters in anything. The Hank standoff with Jack and Walt's guilt is one of the greatest things in TV history.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Walt was a cancer suffering high school teacher who daydreamed about being a meth lord to distract himself from his sad, rapidly decaying life. Hth.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It should have been written as a sitcom, op

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ozymandias is one of the best episodes of television

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Also you're supposed to hate Skyler and the fact that most people can't stand her on a deep level is a testament to the show's superb writing quality. I'd be kind of disturbed if an actual human being was on her side past season 1 or felt less than sheer disgust in her actions.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i liked when walt turned to skyler and said 'well we may have broke bad, but at least we all ended up good.' then they laughed and hugged and high-fived

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Also you're supposed to hate Skyler and the fact that most people can't stand her on a deep level is a testament to the show's superb writing quality. I'd be kind of disturbed if an actual human being was on her side past season 1 or felt less than sheer disgust in her actions.

alot of these disturbed humans were forum posters

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The worst part was when Hank decided to like geodes and sit in bed for a few episodes. Riveting drama folks! I stopped watching soon after.

Garbage show for garbage people.

What dont you like about geodes?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Like there is so much loving garbage media out there right now and this is the show you decide is actually bad lmao

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Fact: The Shield was better than The Sopranos, The Wire, and Breaking Bad. And motherfuckers act like it didn't have the best finale of any show in the history of television. Better than the complete wet fart endings of those three shows, at least.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Breaking Bad is really good but it bothered me a bit how they kept resetting the clock on Walt & Jesse's relationship, every time they'd have some character growth and come to understand they needed each other's skills to stay alive, something incredibly petty (Walt doesn't like Jesse's ATTITUDE) or randomly very serious (Jane dies and Walt does nothing) would happen and they'd hate each other again. Just felt a bit pointless after a while but at least they brought that aspect of it to a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Wizard Master posted:

it ticks me off that it's spoken of in the same tier as The Sopranos and The Wire.

Sure it wasn't flawless, but saying it's as bad as The Sopranos and The Wire is masturbating feverishly at the table in the middle of a nice family Thanksgiving dinner levels of embarrassingly awkward. Get your dick out of the mashed potatoes and go think about what you've done.