Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
It's time to admit that Gotham was actually really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Stranger things season 3 was ok but too campy

They so badly needed to do this series like the Fargo one. Just have a whole different setting and set up and cast every season.
That would have kept the premise of 80's adventure/horror fresh and fun, but (and I almost can't blame them) they couldn't seem to let go of their cast. But it's been so stale compared to the first season.

Kak posted:

i just watched the pilot episode of the wire and it was boring as poo poo

The Wire is a novel in TV form, approach it like a book (well each season anyway).
This also means it builds on itself extremely well, and isn't making each episode like a self-contained bit of gratification.
First season gets addictive when the pieces get set up of the detail vs the pit.

Grape fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 30, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grape posted:

They so badly needed to do this series like the Fargo one. Just have a whole different setting and set up and cast every season.
That would have kept the premise of 80's adventure/horror fresh and fun, but (and I almost can't blame them) they couldn't seem to let go of their cast. But it's been so stale compared to the first season.

that was the original plan but everybody liked the actors so drat much they pretty much were victims of their own success.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Grape posted:

I've basically liked each succeeding season less. Though there were things about the first season I didn't care for, especially the finale.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Stranger Things is garbo tv cashing in on nostalgia for better pop culture

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

pseudanonymous posted:

I've basically liked each succeeding season less. Though there were things about the first season I didn't care for, especially the finale.

And the finale suffered partly because instead of wrapping up all loose ends they were starting to leave sequel hooks. *sigh*

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Grape posted:

They could have even taken an even better route and have the next seasons focus on new characters but in the same place. This way they would have new stories and premises in the twilight zone town but could always wrap up some old ideas and allow for cameos/guest appearances.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grape posted:

And the finale suffered partly because instead of wrapping up all loose ends they were starting to leave sequel hooks. *sigh*

No the ending was perfect. That's how you end an anthology horror series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Palpek posted:

They could have even taken an even better route and have the next seasons focus on new characters but in the same place. This way they would have new stories and premises in the twilight zone town but could always wrap up some old ideas and allow for cameos/guest appearances.

...that was the plan