Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
little bit of surprise news

the shutdown date has been moved from the end of Sept to the end of October, so the game will stay live another month

more importantly, in mid-October, they will be launching a "gallery mode" app that will allow you to retain access to the stuff you have even after the servers are shut down. though they don't go into detail about exactly what that means or how it will work

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
the gallery mode update is available on the ios/google app stores, but there's still no info on what gallery mode will actually be. in-game still works the same as before for now.

also, there's daily 10-pull tickets in the support point shop (that cost 1 point each) if anyone wants to hit pity 1 final time before the game gets shut down

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

So, being the monkey-who-never-learns that I am, I've decided to migrate over to the mainland Chinese server, which just started up last week (not to be confused with the Taiwanese server, which has been running for a little longer than NA). The magia record subreddit has a good guide to starting up on CN here. Starting over on a foreign server when the previous foreign server got axed does smell like an abusive relationship, but there are some positive signs. For anyone who thought that the fast pace killed NA, it looks like this one will be going at the original JP pace, mostly. Also, you get 50 free rolls if you sign up within 90 days of the server starting. And the general rewards seem better than we got in NA, so I've decided to join in. Losing all my girls was a big blow, but I am liking the idea of starting fresh with everyone else, so here I go.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

astr0man posted:

the gallery mode update is available on the ios/google app stores, but there's still no info on what gallery mode will actually be. in-game still works the same as before for now.

also, there's daily 10-pull tickets in the support point shop (that cost 1 point each) if anyone wants to hit pity 1 final time before the game gets shut down

I missed out on like 90% of the events so I don't even feel like it's worth finishing what main story is left to get it in the gallery (assuming that's how it works) but it's nice it's not entirely going to get thrown away, I guess.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Gallery mode is apparently going to be just a real barebones version of what's available in the archive, it will only be the magical girl pages for girls that you have pulled on your account, and there will be no live2d model stuff or voice stuff at all. I guess it's slightly better than just turning off the servers and having nothing accessible at all but :rip:

in other news, some people have been working on a patch that will apply the english game scripts into the JP android client: https://streamable.com/jg7ykh, so that's something maybe to consider for anything still thinking about trying out JP

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

I missed out on like 90% of the events so I don't even feel like it's worth finishing what main story is left to get it in the gallery (assuming that's how it works) but it's nice it's not entirely going to get thrown away, I guess.

they've unlocked all the event stories in the archive, even for people that didn't play them at the time, so you can read through them if you want

Sucks to lose out on the Live2Ds and voices, though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's just a text based archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Squiddycat posted:

It's just a text based archive?

They made it sound like it will be what's in the magical girls archive tab, so this:

but without any of the live2d animation stuff and without the voice lines page.

So you'll be able to view the card art and some of the text descriptions and that's about it