Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My kid made a bunch of levels, putting here per main thread request

The levels:
Goomba sea: DN4-VNR-K8G

Docter Mario NDB-XJ4-SLG

Mairo2: 67T-5HJ-HRG

On off contraptioner: J87-W6P-PQG

Piranha plant tower: DVY-YVX-6GF

Docter Mario again: JVL-2HN-6XG

On off koopo business : JLQ-BWY-BKF

Huddersfield: X88-3RS-TGG

Likes and comments with stickers are much appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Wow, surprised there are Mario Maker 2 goons still out there!

The Mario Maker Grand Prix (A bunch of Mario Maker 2 streamers--mostly kaizo--and level creators are participating in a race while also raising money for charity) is still ongoing. The third round is this Friday, the 16th: if you happen to be on Twitch at 12:00 PM PST, check out the Mario Maker 2 category! Previous rounds are on YouTube by racers who bothered to do so (or after the fact).

I contributed a level to the first round before my battery started getting bigger and put my Switch out of commission. I hope Nintendo announces that replacement in six months or so... I don't think many goons play kaizo, but my second profile has some interesting bounce levels: JLK-C05-SLF

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Whoops, I was wrong: it starts now!

https://twitch.tv/freddogg23

This is the semi-finals. Finals are tomorrow!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, goons... I need help. I beat the level in question, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the logic of it. It's not one of my levels, I'm not trying to farm for likes/plays (but :lol: at that concept in general, it's Mario Maker ffs), I just need someone smarter than me to tell me why the answer is what it is.

The ID is NB5-SJK-SMG. The title is "No! No, Grandma!"

Please, goons.... Help me out here.

For a shortcut to the answer, it's 2, 10, 9, 6.

But why?!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, goons... I need help. I beat the level in question, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the logic of it. It's not one of my levels, I'm not trying to farm for likes/plays (but :lol: at that concept in general, it's Mario Maker ffs), I just need someone smarter than me to tell me why the answer is what it is.

The ID is NB5-SJK-SMG. The title is "No! No, Grandma!"

Please, goons.... Help me out here.

For a shortcut to the answer, it's 2, 10, 9, 6.

But why?!

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I solved the puzzle.

The bad news is I have no idea how it leads to the answer.

It's obviously something to do with a date, but I don't see how it yields the answer.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hey, this thread got bumped just in time because I'm trying to figure out how a trick was done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qicW-Rco3Jo&t=371s

The gimmick in Cursed Mansion, the level at this timestamp, is baffling me--how does it work? So you can hear a thwomp offscreen, but that doesn't really tell me anything! How does the On/Off switch make the door change destinations?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I solved the puzzle.

The bad news is I have no idea how it leads to the answer.

It's obviously something to do with a date, but I don't see how it yields the answer.

Super Mario Bros released in 1-9-8-5, which is 1 number less than 2-10-9-6 (so either they or us are reading the pass code inputs weong)

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Noonsaliwah posted:

Super Mario Bros released in 1-9-8-5, which is 1 number less than 2-10-9-6 (so either they or us are reading the pass code inputs weong)

Ah, they are treating the lock as 0-9 instead of 1-10.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Argue posted:

Hey, this thread got bumped just in time because I'm trying to figure out how a trick was done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qicW-Rco3Jo&t=371s

The gimmick in Cursed Mansion, the level at this timestamp, is baffling me--how does it work? So you can hear a thwomp offscreen, but that doesn't really tell me anything! How does the On/Off switch make the door change destinations?

It's just slight of hand. There are two doors, one is hidden by the very out-of-place bullet bill blaster. Either one blaster spawns or the other spawns. What you're hearing is a bomb blowing up a hard tile, which allows the screen to scroll differently (and give the appearance that the door is in the same position).

All of the gimmicky setups you find in popular easy and normal are usually just level scroll shenanigans or spawn manipulation (actual glitch levels--even "tech" levels, don't last long because they get reported).

I feel personally vindicated that I figured it out the second I saw it, but, full disclosure, I checked a level viewer just to make sure I wasn't full of poo poo, lol:

https://smm2.wizul.us/smm2/course/G8X-0NN-CKF

I've seen several hundred hours in the editor. I can usually answer questions about weird level building tricks, but not gameplay tech (e.g. advanced shell stuff like clams and donkers). Edit: or puzzles like that one up there, geez.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Ah, they are treating the lock as 0-9 instead of 1-10.

Ok, cool that's neat but how is anyone supposed to interpret that from the level? What's with the one screen with the "1 - - - 5" thing?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Prowler posted:

It's just slight of hand. There are two doors, one is hidden by the very out-of-place bullet bill blaster. Either one blaster spawns or the other spawns. What you're hearing is a bomb blowing up a hard tile, which allows the screen to scroll differently (and give the appearance that the door is in the same position).

All of the gimmicky setups you find in popular easy and normal are usually just level scroll shenanigans or spawn manipulation (actual glitch levels--even "tech" levels, don't last long because they get reported).

I feel personally vindicated that I figured it out the second I saw it, but, full disclosure, I checked a level viewer just to make sure I wasn't full of poo poo, lol:

https://smm2.wizul.us/smm2/course/G8X-0NN-CKF

I've seen several hundred hours in the editor. I can usually answer questions about weird level building tricks, but not gameplay tech (e.g. advanced shell stuff like clams and donkers). Edit: or puzzles like that one up there, geez.

Holy cow, I had no idea that site existed. I showed my kid how we could see his levels which blew his mind. Then I clicked on his profile and there's like 60 levels that he's created and uploaded in a few weeks.
https://smm2.wizul.us/smm2/maker/1WG-HK4-J1H/uploaded-courses play 'em all! he's obsessed with mm2

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, cool that's neat but how is anyone supposed to interpret that from the level? What's with the one screen with the "1 - - - 5" thing?

Basically go to the room with all the weird blocks and use that 1 - - - 5 to turn it into the Picross. Clouds are 1, Solids are 2, Ice is 3, Question Blocks are 4, and Donuts are 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Made a world. Super Cheese World: LY4-2PW-G9G