Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Spacebump posted:

I wish this game had all power ups from the 2d Marios, at least for their themes.

How do you unlock the extra power up(s)?

I'm pretty sure you get one for beating story mode and another for beating a certain set of levels in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is voice recording back in this game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm pretty sure you get one for beating story mode and another for beating a certain set of levels in it.

Thank you.

Playing through some of the campaign levels really makes me want a Super Mario Bros. 3 part 2. These levels are so fun.

edit: how do I put multiple coins in boxes, copy items placed on the map, or make items giant? (like the big shoe) I've forgotten so much since Mario Maker.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 28, 2019

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

finished my first level last night. nothing too challenging, mostly playing around with the rising tide thing and claws, but i did get to cram in a bunch of dioramas of goombas getting manhandled by machinery to fit in with the wacky factory theming, so that's a highlight i think! got me thinking of plenty more devices for a more extensive weird factory

8PK-WDN-Y0G

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly though, in the meantime i really didn't expect the Easy Endless Challenge to be so... chill. like none of the levels have been terribly threatening (aside from one where it took an embarrassing amount of time to beat a winged Bam-Bam) and they hand out 1ups like candy so you're never really at risk of actually losing. it makes the stakes very low and all of the levels are either weird remakes of existing Mario levels (played straight or fun parodies of them, like the SMB 1-1, But With Stupid Amounts Of Slopes that I played which was very fun) or people's first levels and experiments with some of the new mechanics, so there's a good amount of variety without frustration. I started saying I was gonna try to get to 10, then 15, and then I ended up doing over 20 levels, just because it was very easy to play one more.

I started last night searching for Normal courses which hadn't been completed yet and got thoroughly wrecked by each one with varying degrees of utter bullshit. Played easy endless which was super chill like you said, then normal endless which was also pretty chill and a pretty dang fun relaxing time. It's been a tough week so it was a fine way to wind down the evening. A+ would recommend.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Is there any way of making a "world", as in several stages linked together?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

DLC Inc posted:

is voice recording back in this game?

lmao did they allow that in MM1???

I've only seen a few clips from MM2 and already seen some ~rude comments~ that nintendo is probably fighting back at full speed

such as the word bullshit :eyepop:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

lmao did they allow that in MM1???

You could put them in levels but it would just be replaced with a generic tweeting noise on the uploaded version, so yes and no.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks for the feedback goons. I didn't Mario Maker 1 so still trying to figure out a properly cohesive level. Back at the drawing board!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bulgakov posted:

10 pack 10 fingers?

a little TOO convenient imo

Edward Stylushands

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i feel like half of the levels i've tried in endless expert are more just hard because they're sloppily designed and need some weird rear end jumps that aren't obvious with how it's layed out

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Haha the Intermediate Yamamura lesson titled "Treat the Player Fairly" has a sequel in the Advanced section, "Seriously, Treat the Player Fairly"

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Today I learned: Apparently my SMB1 8-3 homage level is, in fact, hard as balls

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given that the regular 8-3 is also hard as balls, but still

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How is it 2019 and the NSMB music is still being used in new games.

It's torture to my ears.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Am I completely thick or is there now way to save a level in Maker mode so that I can resume designing it later? I cant for the gently caress of me find a way to save my WiP levels and have already lost like three hours of work on two different levels by assuming theres an autosave

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

GreatGreen posted:

Completely serious, it's the 8-bitdo wireless USB adapter paired with a PS4 Dualshock 4 or your favorite non-Nintendo controller. My Dualshock 4 has the vibrators disabled because controller vibration is dumb, and I'd suggest everybody disable theirs as well. It's extremely easy, just cut the vibrator's red wire or pull it from the PCB with pliers.

All official Nintendo Switch controllers are total garbage for platformers or anything that needs serious d-pad use, which is a shame.

edit: ^^^ exactly like the poster above me said.

Just bought the adapter and a $7 stylus off amazon. Both get here tomorrow, thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Can someone recreate this whole level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwVClNM4xJk

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Steve2911 posted:

How is it 2019 and the NSMB music is still being used in new games.

It's torture to my ears.

doodoo doot doodoo de doot doodoo doot de dooo

bop!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Two Beans posted:

doodoo doot doodoo de doot doodoo doot de dooo

bop!

BAH BAH

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive played up through It's Incisive Social Commentary! on the list

Thanks Tnega, that made me actually lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The story mode levels really do an amazing job of teaching you in a natural manner how things work, like how hooks worth with regards to when they catch and release.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
You unlock cutscene playback in story mode by punching a robot in the dick 10 times

GOTY all years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there any way to get a shell moving automatically in 3D world?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha the one level I made last night has more likes and more plays than all of my Super Mario Maker 1 levels put together

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally finished my first level. It's a fast paced Auto-scroller based off butt stomping the ! Blocks:

Course ID:
D7C-XS6-NXF

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Haha the one level I made last night has more likes and more plays than all of my Super Mario Maker 1 levels put together

That's the best way to iterate; a massive game sequel should contain all of the previous version, and then some.

See: Legend of Zelda 1 vs Zelda 2

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Okay, I have some questions about this game that hopefully someone can answer.

As a parent that plays NSMBUD with their 5 year old, I was hoping to see these two features in the game.
-Being able to "Bubble" in multiplayer to get through difficult stuff, or at least a really forgiving system where the other player can die and come back right away.
-The ability to use my NES controllers with MM2.

Here is hoping, because that would make this game really accessible for my and my daughter.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

BD6-GK8-7CG

Pretty simple Mario 3 underground style level. It came out shorter than I wanted and I probably should have extended it a bit more but oh well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Macaluso posted:

Finally finished my first level. It's a fast paced Auto-scroller based off butt stomping the ! Blocks:

Course ID:
D7C-XS6-NXF

I enjoyed it! I like how the level is mostly simple in concept but has a lot going on visually to make it more exciting. That last jump felt a bit nasty but not in a way that I think is bad but more like it taught me something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am completely paralyzed with choice at this creation screen

Drone posted:

Am I completely thick or is there now way to save a level in Maker mode so that I can resume designing it later? I cant for the gently caress of me find a way to save my WiP levels and have already lost like three hours of work on two different levels by assuming theres an autosave
tap the robot on the right hand side

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What's the download size for the e-Shop version? I'm not sure I have enough space :ohdear:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Expect My Mom posted:

I am completely paralyzed with choice at this creation screen

tap the robot on the right hand side

My plan is to write a python script to randomly suggest a few items/enemies/theme to use for inspiration.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

What's the download size for the e-Shop version? I'm not sure I have enough space :ohdear:

Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 gb. Maybe 2.8?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Tayter Swift posted:

My plan is to write a python script to randomly suggest a few items/enemies/theme to use for inspiration.

We had one of these for Mario Maker 1 and people liked it.

BTW, thanks to the mods for surprise stickying the thread.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 gb. Maybe 2.8?

Hey that sounds doable. If nothing else, I can delete pinball and get most of the way. Thanks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Tayter Swift posted:

this would be great!

i feel like a i need to do a madlib or else i just put everything in

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Finished my second MM1 remake:

Soggy Doggies
J7V-0DC-9HF
Difficulty: Normal
Multiplayer friendly?: Yes

Underwater stages may not always be the most popular but I wanted to see if I could make one that was actually fun. This one ended up being pretty well received and I'm happy with it. I made a couple of minor tweaks to the layout and added a checkpoint since they weren't available back when I originally made this.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there any way to get a shell moving automatically in 3D world?

Springs will from my understanding

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

Okay, I have some questions about this game that hopefully someone can answer.

As a parent that plays NSMBUD with their 5 year old, I was hoping to see these two features in the game.
-Being able to "Bubble" in multiplayer to get through difficult stuff, or at least a really forgiving system where the other player can die and come back right away.
-The ability to use my NES controllers with MM2.

Here is hoping, because that would make this game really accessible for my and my daughter.

I only played some coop online but you can teleport to another characters location when you respawn (you can also choose to spawn at the beginning or midpoint) and the NES controllers do work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Here's a short and sweet one. Just using cannonballs to get across chasms.

Should be pretty easy for most of you. Trying to shake the cobwebs off my mario fingers.

Ball Jumps
Difficulty: Normal
V2C-Y54-NXF