Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My kid made a bunch of levels, putting here per main thread request

The levels:
Goomba sea: DN4-VNR-K8G

Docter Mario NDB-XJ4-SLG

Mairo2: 67T-5HJ-HRG

On off contraptioner: J87-W6P-PQG

Piranha plant tower: DVY-YVX-6GF

Docter Mario again: JVL-2HN-6XG

On off koopo business : JLQ-BWY-BKF

Huddersfield: X88-3RS-TGG

Likes and comments with stickers are much appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Prowler posted:

It's just slight of hand. There are two doors, one is hidden by the very out-of-place bullet bill blaster. Either one blaster spawns or the other spawns. What you're hearing is a bomb blowing up a hard tile, which allows the screen to scroll differently (and give the appearance that the door is in the same position).

All of the gimmicky setups you find in popular easy and normal are usually just level scroll shenanigans or spawn manipulation (actual glitch levels--even "tech" levels, don't last long because they get reported).

I feel personally vindicated that I figured it out the second I saw it, but, full disclosure, I checked a level viewer just to make sure I wasn't full of poo poo, lol:

https://smm2.wizul.us/smm2/course/G8X-0NN-CKF

I've seen several hundred hours in the editor. I can usually answer questions about weird level building tricks, but not gameplay tech (e.g. advanced shell stuff like clams and donkers). Edit: or puzzles like that one up there, geez.

Holy cow, I had no idea that site existed. I showed my kid how we could see his levels which blew his mind. Then I clicked on his profile and there's like 60 levels that he's created and uploaded in a few weeks.
https://smm2.wizul.us/smm2/maker/1WG-HK4-J1H/uploaded-courses play 'em all! he's obsessed with mm2