Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am from Ohio, so I grew up on this stuff. Tell me what things that you use ketchup for that others will find gross. My list is below. I will add more as they come to me. This does not discount using other condiments. My wife looks at me like I am disgusting, but she dips her pizza in ranch, so we are even. You can add other gross things as well like hot sauce on your banana muffin too if you like. Gross me out goons.

Mac and cheese
Hot Dogs/chili dogs/corn dogs etc.
Burgs
Fried chicken sandwiches
Eggs (all except benedict)
Fries/hash browns/tater tots etc.
Fried fish/fish sandwiches
Overcooked steak
Grilled cheese
Onion rings
Breakfast sausage/smoked sausage/brats/ etc.
Bacon/BLT's

drunkb fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't eat ketchup on anything. It's like pickles - anything they're on, it just tastes like ketchup+pickles, not a burger or whatever. It's way too sweet.

People knew this about me in high school and their favorite thing to do to mess with me was try and sneak ketchup into my food at lunch or give me ketchup packets and basically ketchup can gently caress off.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Just switch to catsup

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018

drunkb posted:

I am from Ohio, so I grew up on this stuff. Tell me what things that you use ketchup for that others will find gross. My list is below. I will add more as they come to me. This does not discount using other condiments. My wife looks at me like I am disgusting, but she dips her pizza in ranch, so we are even. You can add other gross things as well like hot sauce on your banana muffin too if you like. Gross me out goons.

Mac and cheese
Hot Dogs/chili dogs/corn dogs etc.
Burgs
Fried chicken sandwiches
Eggs (all except benedict)
Fries/hash browns/tater tots etc.
Fried fish/fish sandwiches
Overcooked steak
Grilled cheese
Onion rings
Breakfast sausage/smoked sausage/brats/ etc.
Bacon/BLT's

So putting ketchup on burgers is gross? Like pretty much every burger chain does?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Too spicy for me personally

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yay! posted:

So putting ketchup on burgers is gross? Like pretty much every burger chain does?

yeah.

taste the meat, not the sugary vaguely tomato flavored sauce

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Big Beef City posted:

Too spicy for me personally

That's why you keep it in the fridge

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't eat ketchup on anything. It's like pickles - anything they're on, it just tastes like ketchup+pickles, not a burger or whatever. It's way too sweet.

People knew this about me in high school and their favorite thing to do to mess with me was try and sneak ketchup into my food at lunch or give me ketchup packets and basically ketchup can gently caress off.

There seems to be a line in the sand whether the love or hate it for many people.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I used to put ketchup in instant ramen until I discovered Sriracha.
Now it tastes even worst but at least it's spicy.

Fries should go with mayonnaise, not ketchup.
Something some might find gross that I absolutely love is mixing mayo with yellow mustard, spread it over 2-3 eggs you've got a breakfast of champions.

I don't think I'm a big fan of ketchup either, op. We can be friends.

Pickles are the worst loving thing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Yay! posted:

Haha! I just listed everything I could think of. I also add Ketchup to a Big Mac, so there is that.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

yeah but you eat rear end

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
hotdogs (crazy I know) :cheeky:

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Bronze Fonz posted:

I used to put ketchup in instant ramen until I discovered Sriracha.
Now it tastes even worst but at least it's spicy.

Fries should go with mayonnaise, not ketchup.
Something some might find gross that I absolutely love is mixing mayo with yellow mustard, spread it over 2-3 eggs you've got a breakfast of champions.

I don't think I'm a big fan of ketchup either, op. We can be friends.

Pickles are the worst loving thing.

Pickles are awesome and I have tried the mayo fries thing in Ireland a few times. It wasn't bad, but it really didn't do it for me. I mixed ketchup and mayo and it was pretty decent though.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Il Federale posted:

yeah but you eat rear end

yeah and I am not going to adulterate the flavor of a good rear end with ketchup. It's just disrespectful.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am going to add waffer fries with nacho cheese. I really only get them from a regional chain called Mr. Hero, but I mix a few drops with the cheese sauce for the perfect tang.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People who don't like pickles don't deserve happiness in life.
Granted if you don't have pickles I can't see how you could ever truly be happy to start with, but whatever.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I could chug a bottle of pickle water.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that's why americans love it so much, they're all children

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Big Beef City posted:

Granted if you don't have pickles I can't see how you could ever truly be happy to start with, but whatever.

I just picked up some pickled asparagus from the butcher shop that stocks a lot of local/regional products. It is really loving good and makes my pee stink on the reg, but it is $9 a jar compared to about $4 for a jar of Claussens. They are pretty dope in bloody marys though.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

They're better than the non-pickled form, cucumbers, but they still are overpowering and don't complement the other flavors of a burger.

but seriously cucumbers can gently caress off too, nothing but foul water in vegetable form, somehow simultaneously tasting like nothing but also tasting offensive. Also people think its cute/trendy to call them "cukes" which pisses me off.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
When I was a freshman in college one of my friends was dating a girl and when we would go get dinner in the dining hall she would get mashed potatoes and then squeeze so much ketchup onto them and mix them up they turned like pink almost and holy gently caress :barf:

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

ArmZ posted:

that's why americans love it so much, they're all children

I have tried ketchup in a few other countries. I wouldn't eat it either, because you don't refrigerate it and it goes a bit off.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

They're better than the non-pickled form, cucumbers, but they still are overpowering and don't complement the other flavors of a burger.

but seriously cucumbers can gently caress off too, nothing but foul water in vegetable form, somehow simultaneously tasting like nothing but also tasting offensive. Also people think its cute/trendy to call them "cukes" which pisses me off.

You are just trolling now. Cucumbers with salt and vinegar are amazing.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Zeluth posted:

I could chug a bottle of pickle water.

Pro-tier hangover move their kid.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t understand the guy who invented the size of ketchup packets. Can I get an adult sized ketchup packet thx idiot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nooner posted:

When I was a freshman in college one of my friends was dating a girl and when we would go get dinner in the dining hall she would get mashed potatoes and then squeeze so much ketchup onto them and mix them up they turned like pink almost and holy gently caress :barf:

What the gently caress.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don’t understand the guy who invented the size of ketchup packets. Can I get an adult sized ketchup packet thx idiot.

Wendy's did. I still need two of them because ketchup is good AND it has lycopenes!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

drunkb posted:

You are just trolling now. Cucumbers with salt and vinegar are amazing.

I never had them in this form, but I am confident in saying they'd still be poo poo. Put salt and vinegar on something better.

but I really do hate the things. Specifically in raw form on sandwiches/in salads. If they taste like zucchini cooked I might not have as big of a problem with them, but raw? Throw them in the trash.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Jose Oquendo posted:

What the gently caress.

Yeah. That is pretty hosed up. I love it.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

I never had them in this form, but I am confident in saying they'd still be poo poo. Put salt and vinegar on something better.

but I really do hate the things. Specifically in raw form on sandwiches/in salads. If they taste like zucchini cooked I might not have as big of a problem with them, but raw? Throw them in the trash.

Cucumbers are way better than zucchini. Maybe you got C-Diff and it threw your taste buds out of whack? This is coming from a smoker.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there's no cocktail sauce without ketchup

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

poverty goat posted:

there's no cocktail sauce without ketchup

This is true. Heavy horseradish in it from the garden kicks rear end. My mother in law makes it and she cubes a bunch of different cheeses that we dip in the cocktail sauce with toothpicks for parties and it is awesome.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't know if other places have them, but Chik Fila has pretty cool ketchup packets

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

drunkb posted:

Cucumbers are way better than zucchini. Maybe you got C-Diff and it threw your taste buds out of whack? This is coming from a smoker.

It's probably admittedly at least partially psychological. Both of my parents are/were vehemently anti-condiment/toppings in general. I never even tried ketchup (or spaghetti with sauce, or a salad, or basically anything that wasn't plain meat and cooked vegetables with salt/pepper/butter) until I was a teenager when other people started pointing out how weird it was and I got self-conscious.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
If your age is over one digit you're too old for ketchup and need to grow up.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

It's probably admittedly at least partially psychological. Both of my parents are/were vehemently anti-condiment/toppings in general. I never even tried ketchup (or spaghetti with sauce, or a salad, or basically anything that wasn't plain meat and cooked vegetables with salt/pepper/butter) until I was a teenager when other people started pointing out how weird it was and I got self-conscious.

Jesus christ. That is awful. I grew up in an English household, so breakfast was awesome. However, drat near every dinner required gravy for flavor.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

When you grow up you have to put sriracha on everything.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i like to dunk my 1000 chicky nuggies into it

i do not like bbq sauce at all

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

drunkb posted:

but she dips her pizza in ranch, so we are even.

On the contrary she is far worse than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

treasure bear posted:

i like to dunk my 1000 chicky nuggies into it

i do not like bbq sauce at all

I'm not sure what's worse. Adults using ketchup or adults using the phrase 'chicky nuggies'

Grape posted:

On the contrary she is far worse than you.

Ranch users are objectively worse than ketchup users.