Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lunch on a train posted:

Just make a bowl of ham and beans and squirt a liberal amount of ketchup on the top and stir it up. I use ham hock so after a day of cooking all the ham just falls of the bone. The beans will burn the roof of your mouth so the ketchup helps cool it down.

As for all the other stuff listed, it's the same thing. Just squirt it on and stir it up. I don't care if some food nazis thinks it's kids food. It might be. I guess I like kids food.

And burnt steak with ketchup is good too. The baked potato gets ketchup also.

da fuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

it puts the ham in the beans or it gets the ketchup again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lunch on a train opens his fridge and the condiment shelves on the door are all 100% packed with gleaming red bottles of ketchup, packets jammed in the butter nook

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lunch on a train posted:

Just make a bowl of ham and beans and squirt a liberal amount of ketchup on the top and stir it up. I use ham hock so after a day of cooking all the ham just falls of the bone. The beans will burn the roof of your mouth so the ketchup helps cool it down.

As for all the other stuff listed, it's the same thing. Just squirt it on and stir it up. I don't care if some food nazis thinks it's kids food. It might be. I guess I like kids food.

And burnt steak with ketchup is good too. The baked potato gets ketchup also.

*points the nozzle of the ketchup at his breast and holds his hands fast upon the body of the bottle that 'lunch on a train' holds while staring at him, referencing the already dead hipster sriracha*

Either YOU or I or BOTH must go with HIM...

EITHER YOU or I or BOTH MUST GO with HIM!

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I loving love ketchup I put it on EVERYTHING especially french fries. Can't have fries without ketchup imo, or any potato-based cuisine.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Weaponized Autism posted:

I loving love ketchup I put it on EVERYTHING especially french fries. Can't have fries without ketchup imo, or any potato-based cuisine.

This guy gets it!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

lunch on a train posted:

Thanks! It's just food. I don't know why some people classify it as kids food. It doesn't have glitter in it or a animal mascot on the bottle from the commercials.

It's called kids food because they have more delicate palates and prefer sweet to all over flavors. They can't abide or appreciate other taste sensations like spicy, bitter, umami, etc. Pretty much the opposite of adults. So they drown everything in ketchup. They usually grow out of this stage.

usually

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weaponized Autism posted:

That's basically the only time I ever use ketchup. Fries or hashbrowns. It adds moisture to the potatoes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Dregs posted:

It's called kids food because they have more delicate palates and prefer sweet to all over flavors. They can't abide or appreciate other taste sensations like spicy, bitter, umami, etc. Pretty much the opposite of adults. So they drown everything in ketchup. They usually grow out of this stage.

usually

I had to google umami and Siri doesn’t recognize it in safari.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Dregs posted:

usually

Hmmmm well I do drench spaghetti with Tabasco. No ketchup there.

"Appreciate other taste sensations?" LOL Dude, get the gently caress out of here.

Do you not see how snooty you sound, at all? What a silly thing to be bothered by.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like to drench my ice berg salad with zesty italian dressing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lunch on a train posted:

Hmmmm well I do drench spaghetti with Tabasco. No ketchup there.

"Appreciate other taste sensations?" LOL Dude, get the gently caress out of here.

Do you not see how snooty you sound, at all? What a silly thing to be bothered by.

You do have some weird combos, but like who the gently caress cares. Well I mean I presume most here are just shooting the breeze havin fun, but some seem sincere in contempt. And that a lol.

Ps I put franks red hot in my baked beans, sometimes w mustard.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

After SourPatch and Twizzlers, I just didn't have any flavors left.
I guess getting drafted into the Brand Wars as a kid'll do that to you.
I spit out a piece of Cool Ranch Bubblicious and mounted up. We were after some Folgers Flavor Crystals here in hell's crotch SA. Bunch of bullshit and we all knew it. No one had tasted anything since the Sriracha IMP in '04 anyhow

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Burt Sexual posted:

You do have some weird combos, but like who the gently caress cares. Well I mean I presume most here are just shooting the breeze havin fun, but some seem sincere in contempt. And that a lol.

Ps I put franks red hot in my baked beans, sometimes w mustard.

That's good poo poo right there.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ketchup? This hot sauce craze i s growing out of hand!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Mike's HARD Ketchup 21+

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
jamming a family size ketchup bottle up my globulous rear end and crushing it down to the width of a single atom in an instant with a powerful hydraulic press to pump that hot tantalizing tomato right up my colon, through my guts, up my throat and out my mouth. the reverse enema shoving the curdled turds out my mouth followed by the delicious vinegar vixen ketchup to complete the inverted meal. tomorrow it will return to my bowels with what i like to call my ham and beans secret recipe

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I couldn't think of another way to say the explain the sensation of taste.....

I wasn't mad or anything. You said you didn't understand why they called it kids food, so I figured I'd explain. And gently caress with you just a little bit at the same time. It's cool buddy, you can put ketchup on whatever you like.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

lunch on a train posted:

i like ketchup, but why don't you just let the beans cool down? are you making permanently hot beans somehow?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

boof the chup

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Dregs posted:

I couldn't think of another way to say the explain the sensation of taste.....

I wasn't mad or anything. You said you didn't understand why they called it kids food, so I figured I'd explain. And gently caress with you just a little bit at the same time. It's cool buddy, you can put ketchup on whatever you like.

It's all good buddy. I'm just Missouri white trash raised by poor people who were raised by poor people serving great depression food that would fill everybody's stomachs.

Ever had turkey bone soup? It's like chicken bone soup, but with turkey bone instead.

mikulas
Jul 3, 2019
A pizza from a real pizza place is perfectly fine the way it is. But frozen pizzas are a different story, i have to have ketchup on those, it just doesn't taste right without it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mikulas posted:

A pizza from a real pizza place is perfectly fine the way it is. But frozen pizzas are a different story, i have to have ketchup on those, it just doesn't taste right without it.

That's what hot sauce is for.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

mikulas posted:

Roll the frozen pizza up and add ketchup with a couple slices of cheese inside and you have a pretty tasty burrito.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lunch on a train posted:

It's all good buddy. I'm just Missouri white trash raised by poor people who were raised by poor people serving great depression food that would fill everybody's stomachs.

Ever had turkey bone soup? It's like chicken bone soup, but with turkey bone instead.

Were having hobo dinners on the grill tonight, again. Because they’re good!

Tin foil wrapped poorly shaped hamburger with mushrooms, zucchini, baby tomatoes, potatoes, onions, green pepper,.

Ketchup is used lightly.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

we should make a kickstarter for lunch on a train to start his own restaurant that will serve turkey bone soup and pork and beans (with ketchup)

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

lunch on a train posted:

try menudo sometime. Cow stomach and hominy soup. Actually tastes like heaven. Even decent out of a can!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Ketchup dispenser in Thailand. "Tomato" can go gently caress itself.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Atlas Hugged posted:

I like to believe that American ketchup is made of ground up Americans

q: Is the Chili tub full of the red chilli sauce or that weird oil with chili seeds in it that smells pungent? When I order chili sauce on the side, I get one or the other, but what I really want is the red one

Good Ol Filbert fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 11, 2019

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Good Ol Filbert posted:

I like to believe that American ketchup is made of ground up Americans

q: Is the Chili tub full of the red chilli sauce or that weird oil with chili seeds in it that smells pungent? When I order chili sauce on the side, I get one or the other, but what I really want is the red one

It's like a bright orange ketchup, totally smooth and no chunks of chili in it at all.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's like a bright orange ketchup, totally smooth and no chunks of chili in it at all.

Sounds like a tub of LIES :(

Is it curry powder?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Sounds like a tub of LIES :(

Is it curry powder?

It doesn't have anything to do with curry. Curry is totally its own thing and you wouldn't put a sauce on it or use it as a dipping sauce in Thailand.

Singaporean McDonald's DOES have a curry dipping sauce for nuggets and it loving rules, but it's much closer in style to an Indian curry or peanut sauce.

Thailand has a bunch of varieties of chili based condiments and dipping sauces though.

This is one of my favorites. It's a dipping sauce for grilled pork and steak. Thai BBQ is fantastic and I wish it were more commonly known in the west. The sauce is called "nam jim jaew".

This is Thai style "raw shrimp salad". The great stuff is "seafood sauce" and it will melt your brain. Seriously spicy stuff.

This is probably the closest to the kind of sauce you'd get from a chili sauce dispenser at McDonald's. It's basically sriracha sauce, but it has a very smooth consistency more or less identical with ketchup whereas "rooster sauce" is fairly textured. Every restaurant has it available in some form, including the other fast food chains like Burger King and Carl's Jr. It's traditionally served with dried or fried meat as pictured below.

This is the typical Thai condiment caddy:

Sugar, dried chili flakes, fish sauce with chili flakes, and vinegar with chili flakes. For any dish, Thais will add a spoonful of each to taste. Like seriously they put spoonfuls of sugar in their food. And everyone drinks strawberry Fanta. The obesity rate here is skyrocketing.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Atlas Hugged posted:

It doesn't have anything to do with curry. Curry is totally its own thing and you wouldn't put a sauce on it or use it as a dipping sauce in Thailand.

Singaporean McDonald's DOES have a curry dipping sauce for nuggets and it loving rules, but it's much closer in style to an Indian curry or peanut sauce.

Thailand has a bunch of varieties of chili based condiments and dipping sauces though.

This is one of my favorites. It's a dipping sauce for grilled pork and steak. Thai BBQ is fantastic and I wish it were more commonly known in the west. The sauce is called "nam jim jaew".

This is Thai style "raw shrimp salad". The great stuff is "seafood sauce" and it will melt your brain. Seriously spicy stuff.

This is probably the closest to the kind of sauce you'd get from a chili sauce dispenser at McDonald's. It's basically sriracha sauce, but it has a very smooth consistency more or less identical with ketchup whereas "rooster sauce" is fairly textured. Every restaurant has it available in some form, including the other fast food chains like Burger King and Carl's Jr. It's traditionally served with dried or fried meat as pictured below.

This is the typical Thai condiment caddy:

Sugar, dried chili flakes, fish sauce with chili flakes, and vinegar with chili flakes. For any dish, Thais will add a spoonful of each to taste. Like seriously they put spoonfuls of sugar in their food. And everyone drinks strawberry Fanta. The obesity rate here is skyrocketing.

Whoa! Thank you for this very informative post.

The chili dispenser looks similar to the one we have at the local ma and pa restaurant. The peanut sauce there is fantastic there as well, sometimes I'm torn between the peanut sauce or sweet cucumber.

Also, I want to taste the shrimp salad, it looks similar to aguachile and I want to see what the differences are. I have only scratched the surface to Thai food, it seems.

Again, Thank you! :)

Good Ol Filbert fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Atlas Hugged posted:

i got a big mac there

the BEEF tastes a bit different