Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am from Ohio, so I grew up on this stuff. Tell me what things that you use ketchup for that others will find gross. My list is below. I will add more as they come to me. This does not discount using other condiments. My wife looks at me like I am disgusting, but she dips her pizza in ranch, so we are even. You can add other gross things as well like hot sauce on your banana muffin too if you like. Gross me out goons.

Mac and cheese
Hot Dogs/chili dogs/corn dogs etc.
Burgs
Fried chicken sandwiches
Eggs (all except benedict)
Fries/hash browns/tater tots etc.
Fried fish/fish sandwiches
Overcooked steak
Grilled cheese
Onion rings
Breakfast sausage/smoked sausage/brats/ etc.
Bacon/BLT's

drunkb fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't eat ketchup on anything. It's like pickles - anything they're on, it just tastes like ketchup+pickles, not a burger or whatever. It's way too sweet.

People knew this about me in high school and their favorite thing to do to mess with me was try and sneak ketchup into my food at lunch or give me ketchup packets and basically ketchup can gently caress off.

There seems to be a line in the sand whether the love or hate it for many people.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Yay! posted:

So putting ketchup on burgers is gross? Like pretty much every burger chain does?

Haha! I just listed everything I could think of. I also add Ketchup to a Big Mac, so there is that.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Bronze Fonz posted:

I used to put ketchup in instant ramen until I discovered Sriracha.
Now it tastes even worst but at least it's spicy.

Fries should go with mayonnaise, not ketchup.
Something some might find gross that I absolutely love is mixing mayo with yellow mustard, spread it over 2-3 eggs you've got a breakfast of champions.

I don't think I'm a big fan of ketchup either, op. We can be friends.

Pickles are the worst loving thing.

Pickles are awesome and I have tried the mayo fries thing in Ireland a few times. It wasn't bad, but it really didn't do it for me. I mixed ketchup and mayo and it was pretty decent though.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am going to add waffer fries with nacho cheese. I really only get them from a regional chain called Mr. Hero, but I mix a few drops with the cheese sauce for the perfect tang.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Big Beef City posted:

People who don't like pickles don't deserve happiness in life.
Granted if you don't have pickles I can't see how you could ever truly be happy to start with, but whatever.

I just picked up some pickled asparagus from the butcher shop that stocks a lot of local/regional products. It is really loving good and makes my pee stink on the reg, but it is $9 a jar compared to about $4 for a jar of Claussens. They are pretty dope in bloody marys though.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

ArmZ posted:

that's why americans love it so much, they're all children

I have tried ketchup in a few other countries. I wouldn't eat it either, because you don't refrigerate it and it goes a bit off.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

They're better than the non-pickled form, cucumbers, but they still are overpowering and don't complement the other flavors of a burger.

but seriously cucumbers can gently caress off too, nothing but foul water in vegetable form, somehow simultaneously tasting like nothing but also tasting offensive. Also people think its cute/trendy to call them "cukes" which pisses me off.

You are just trolling now. Cucumbers with salt and vinegar are amazing.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Zeluth posted:

I could chug a bottle of pickle water.

Pro-tier hangover move their kid.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don’t understand the guy who invented the size of ketchup packets. Can I get an adult sized ketchup packet thx idiot.

Wendy's did. I still need two of them because ketchup is good AND it has lycopenes!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Jose Oquendo posted:

What the gently caress.

Yeah. That is pretty hosed up. I love it.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

I never had them in this form, but I am confident in saying they'd still be poo poo. Put salt and vinegar on something better.

but I really do hate the things. Specifically in raw form on sandwiches/in salads. If they taste like zucchini cooked I might not have as big of a problem with them, but raw? Throw them in the trash.

Cucumbers are way better than zucchini. Maybe you got C-Diff and it threw your taste buds out of whack? This is coming from a smoker.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

poverty goat posted:

there's no cocktail sauce without ketchup

This is true. Heavy horseradish in it from the garden kicks rear end. My mother in law makes it and she cubes a bunch of different cheeses that we dip in the cocktail sauce with toothpicks for parties and it is awesome.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

It's probably admittedly at least partially psychological. Both of my parents are/were vehemently anti-condiment/toppings in general. I never even tried ketchup (or spaghetti with sauce, or a salad, or basically anything that wasn't plain meat and cooked vegetables with salt/pepper/butter) until I was a teenager when other people started pointing out how weird it was and I got self-conscious.

Jesus christ. That is awful. I grew up in an English household, so breakfast was awesome. However, drat near every dinner required gravy for flavor.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

treasure bear posted:

i like to dunk my 1000 chicky nuggies into it

i do not like bbq sauce at all

This is also a thing that I do

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Grape posted:

On the contrary she is far worse than you.

I fuckin' thought so.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

My dad's still like that. When I took him to switzerland he kept demanding that I translate "if any tomatoes touch my food, I will literally die" (e: to be clear, he wouldn't, he just thinks that's the only way they'll listen to his requests) and "can I have a bowl of un-dressed lettuce instead of regular salad" into german for him if the waiter didn't speak english. I wish I was joking, it was embarrassing.

Different countries have different palates. That is for goddamned sure. When I went to Hungary I was hungover as gently caress and they had a 20 page menu. I just wanted a chicken caesar salad and it came out with steaming chicken on wilting from the chicken lettuce with caesar dressing that tasted like it was opened 3 years prior. It was unpleasant.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Edgar posted:

The secret is out now folks. To make the famous Utah Fry sauce, you mix ketchup and mayonnaise. A bit of hot sauce as well if you are adventurous.

drat. I thought I was an innovator. Malt vinegar, salt, and ketchup are still better though in my opinion.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

marijuanamancer posted:

mustard is a superior sauce

That is a fair assessment even if I disagree. One guy puts mustard on eggs which I think is weird as gently caress. I have jalepeno mustard that I love. I put it on bologna sandwiches and oven roasted ham. It is good.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Jose posted:

onion rings go best with a garlic sauce imo

Burger king's onion ring sauce is pretty good and now I want it.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Whybird posted:

I had a friend at university who couldn't eat anything unless it had ketchup on it. One time at an Italian restaurant with some friends she asked the waiter for some ketchup to go with her food, and I do not think I will ever forget the look of horror, despair and disgust in that man's eyes.

STDH.txt

That is hosed up if true. I find it hard to believe that somebody would ask for ketchup to add to marinara.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

The Bloop posted:

I fooded and shidded and came to gbs to post about it

My wife reminded me on the way to a graduation party yesterday that she also dips fries in ranch (sever).

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
If you dropped me at a Denny's in the middle of nowhere and I ordered eggs, sausage, bacon, and home fries...it would become a food puddle with ketchup covering that and it would be glorious.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

vyst posted:

People that whine about ketchup have some bitch rear end taste buds.

That's what I am getting at. Goons became holier than thou and only eat the finest artisan goods apparently. Not I. If it makes something taste better, I am going to do it. I will put ketchup on a Chicago dog with no remorse.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Burt Sexual posted:

Goons really like to talk about food. And farts and poo poo I guess it’s all correlated.

We have no lives and we are connoisseurs of the finest sauces. I have an amazing hot sauce called Aardvark that makes me clean my colon, but it tastes soooo damned good. My work toilet paper is worse than prison paper. I have to plan ahead before I throw down with that stuff. I love it, but it doesn't love me.

E: shits pants

drunkb fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 30, 2019

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I also have to add (and this one throws me off still) high school mexican pizza/fiestado taco pie. Yep. I dipped.

E: My mother-in-law still works food service manager for a high school and I got a box of mexican pizzas. They were as gross and awesome as you remember.

drunkb fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 30, 2019

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Hypnolobster posted:

Yo fellow ohiogoon OP, can we talk about how getting Mr Hero waffer fries and cheese AND still using ketchup is actually the best thing?

Any time, friendo!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

UltraRed posted:

The best ketchup is Secret Aardvark. Sweet and hot without too much of either.

My favorite hot sauce hands down.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Atlas Hugged posted:

I dunno man. I haven't lived in the states in over a decade and mostly eat local, which uses real sugar. I just think American style ketchup gets the flavor right.

Heinz or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Philthy posted:

You ordered a salad as drunk food. What the gently caress.

I didn’t have the stomach for much else. It turns out that I didn’t have the stomach for that either, so I just drank mojitos until I righted the ship.