Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

nachos posted:

Roger how do you blow 2 championships on serve gently caress

Flat-track bully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

In my personal record book, Federer now has 21 majors.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1150467408823562241

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So the tie breaker rule was instituted to prevent exhaustion for later rounds in a tournament.

The finals have no later rounds.

Federer didnt drop a game to be behind against serve.

The Narrative.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Djokovic looking like my cat when it sees me petting another cat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Operación Puerto (Operation Mountain Pass)[1] is the code name of a still unfinished Spanish Police operation against the pro sports doping network of Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes. It started in May 2006, which resulted in a scandal that involved several of the world's most famous cyclists and teams at the time.

Media attention has focused on the small number of professional road cyclists named; however, sportspeople from other disciplines including football and tennis have also been connected with the scandal, though not officially indicted.[2] And among total number of athletes, fifteen had been acquitted by May 2007, while three had admitted doping or evidence of blood doping was found.[3][4]

Other athletes
On 5 July 2006, Fuentes was indignant that only cyclists had been named and said he also worked with tennis and football players.[2] On 27 July 2006, IAAF was assured by Spanish prosecutors that no track and field athletes were involved.[58] On 23 September 2006, former cyclist Jesús Manzano told reporters from France 3 that he had seen "well-known footballers" from La Liga visit the offices of Dr Fuentes.[59]

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

So the tie breaker rule was instituted to prevent exhaustion for later rounds in a tournament.

The finals have no later rounds.

Federer didnt drop a game to be behind against serve.

The Narrative.

Blame John Isner for the new rule. Boooooooooooo.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

At least this wasn’t like the Cricket World Cup final today which was tied after regulation and tied after extra innings and was arbitrarily decided by who hit the most home runs.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

In my personal record book, Federer now has 21 majors.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1150467408823562241

this is the “hillary clinton won the popular vote” of tennis

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

At least this wasn’t like the Cricket World Cup final today which was tied after regulation and tied after extra innings and was arbitrarily decided by who hit the most home runs.

Wish it was because Fed would have won.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Still fuming.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
I usually get over losses pretty quick but I think this one will stay with me for a while.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Buddy Holly posted:

I usually get over losses pretty quick but I think this one will stay with me for a while.

worse than 2014 & 2015 combined

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I'm happy for Nole. A big win in a tournament where he wasn't at his best and gutted through some hard matches. Hopefully he can find a way back to 2011/2015 form one last time to get the Grand slam record.

Halep played lights out as well, never gave Serena a chance to settle. Fun tournament this year.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

spamman posted:

I'm happy for Nole. A big win in a tournament where he wasn't at his best and gutted through some hard matches. Hopefully he can find a way back to 2011/2015 form one last time to get the Grand slam record.

Halep played lights out as well, never gave Serena a chance to settle. Fun tournament this year.

WHAT THE CRAP

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

spamman is just the cherry on top of this tennis tragedy

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
What’s up with passive aggressive Djokovic eating center court grass with a smirk on his face? Is that his gently caress you to the entire arena for being Federer fans? Very weird.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jack's Flow posted:

What’s up with passive aggressive Djokovic eating center court grass with a smirk on his face? Is that his gently caress you to the entire arena for being Federer fans? Very weird.

It was covered in EPO.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was covered in EPO.

It obviously was gluten-free too.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/DjokerNole/status/1150175634871599105

Djokovic thinking he's Maximus while he's actually Commodus

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Buddy Holly posted:

https://twitter.com/DjokerNole/status/1150175634871599105

Djokovic thinking he's Maximus while he's actually Commodus

Real glad I clicked that and found that he was in fact wearing pants.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Glad I purposely missed this match. Yeah, I've become a huge pansy due to the past Fed vs. Djokovic encounters.

Rick posted:

That’s tough. I think I would probably think MJ with his superior footwork would probably mean he’d develop a very precise sort of game. LeBron might be quicker and definitely is stronger though so would probably have a monster serve.

If only tennis was scored like basketball, Federer would've won this!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

If only tennis were drug tested like the UFC, then...gently caress there's 3 players left and that's only because they got sold fake 'roids.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
US Open has started you guys. Mladenovic serving for the set against Kerber. Had a feeling this would be a tight first round match and so far it really is.

Anyone up for creating a thread?

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fancyclown posted:

US Open has started you guys. Mladenovic serving for the set against Kerber. Had a feeling this would be a tight first round match and so far it really is.

Anyone up for creating a thread?
Yeah I’ll have it ready for the night session