Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

it turns out that I am not scum, alas, but I need to pick someone to be my best buddy

AA do you want to be my best buddy

MAKE IT SO, NUMBER ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

MAKE IT SO, NUMBER ONE

okay best buddy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

let me check my pm, I didn't have one last time I checked

Scum slip detected

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

it turns out that I am not scum, alas, but I need to pick someone to be my best buddy

AA do you want to be my best buddy

SalTheBard posted:

Are we going to be friends this game? Because I want to be friends with you.

My feelings are so hurt

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

My feelings are so hurt

don't worry, when we have our inevitable slapfight and falling out, I'll make gulag my rebound buddy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
IT IS SWELTERING OUTSIDE. THIS WAS A MISTAKE.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

IT IS SWELTERING OUTSIDE. THIS WAS A MISTAKE.

why are you outside, dum dum

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'm a n0 cop, quidnose is scum

##vote Quidthulhu

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

role sucks

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

role sucks

aren't you a negative nancy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote gulag dolls

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hi everyone

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hello!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Confirming, totally Town amigos.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

the real question is "did anybody submit a culting role" and "dammit why didn't I submit a culting role"

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

GulagDolls posted:

role sucks
##Vote GulagDolls

Bad attitude, definitely doesn't have the awesome role I wrote, so a good lynch.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SolusLunes posted:

the real question is "did anybody submit a culting role" and "dammit why didn't I submit a culting role"
The OP:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Alignment changes are not part of this game.
I wouldn't have signed up otherwise

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Lumpen posted:

The OP:

oh, welp

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Lumpen posted:

The OP:

a shame

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lumpen posted:

##Vote GulagDolls

Bad attitude, definitely doesn't have the awesome role I wrote, so a good lynch.

good man

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
GulagDolls is scum, and should be voted out immediately. I can tell by the attitude and disingenuous reaction upon receiving their role. Furthermore, the other 3 players with no experience in the game had an even worse reaction than the previous players. I don't want to go into a discussion on this game, but I want to clarify and clear all that up.

On a side note, please read my personal feelings on this game, because I have had many experiences with the topic of this board, and my understanding was that Gulag Dolls was always the worst. However, after one day I found out the story was a lie. They were always the worst. I mean, there was no way you could get the level to be as bad as this one, right? And it actually didn't look like that at all. The game had always been one on a scale of zero-one to one-ten, and my experience with the game was that the level was not there when I was playing when we played with a high level. The thing was, I was playing with a few high tier people. And then I had a really good time with the people below the average level, because they started to feel good about themselves. So there you have it. Two players from the lower tier who play against other upper tier players.

There are some parts of this that are so vague that I have no idea what they are referring to. Maybe the player will ask me to explain what is happening later. Well, it will just take me a few mins to get back to you guys. I'll see you later!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lumpen posted:

Confirming, totally Town amigos.

some things never change :sun:

redneck nazgul posted:

i'm a n0 cop, quidnose is scum

##vote Quidthulhu

some things never change :mad:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote gulag

yami the discord link is expired.

AND HELL YES THE GAME STARTED

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote gulag

yami the discord link is expired.

AND HELL YES THE GAME STARTED

What the gently caress? I put it on never expire and created it like an hour ago.

https://discord.gg/hq8ug6V

try this one?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
STEAK, I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE THE MAFIA BUG. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR DESCENT INTO MADNESS.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

GulagDolls is scum, and should be voted out immediately. I can tell by the attitude and disingenuous reaction upon receiving their role. Furthermore, the other 3 players with no experience in the game had an even worse reaction than the previous players. I don't want to go into a discussion on this game, but I want to clarify and clear all that up.

On a side note, please read my personal feelings on this game, because I have had many experiences with the topic of this board, and my understanding was that Gulag Dolls was always the worst. However, after one day I found out the story was a lie. They were always the worst. I mean, there was no way you could get the level to be as bad as this one, right? And it actually didn't look like that at all. The game had always been one on a scale of zero-one to one-ten, and my experience with the game was that the level was not there when I was playing when we played with a high level. The thing was, I was playing with a few high tier people. And then I had a really good time with the people below the average level, because they started to feel good about themselves. So there you have it. Two players from the lower tier who play against other upper tier players.

There are some parts of this that are so vague that I have no idea what they are referring to. Maybe the player will ask me to explain what is happening later. Well, it will just take me a few mins to get back to you guys. I'll see you later!

Lumpen is always wrong about early mafia calls such as this one from the beginning. There will almost always be calls from the start of a mafia attack – even if there is no specific reason to shoot out the cops. "Why shoot them from the start?" you say (the answer is usually "because you don't have other options, and because they don't know what to do with him"). The other common reason is simply to keep the enemy at bay – after the initial attack, you should have no further worries about dealing damage with the other enemy and should expect to keep shooting for quite some time. Also, if the initial enemy is the same as the next one, they will try to shoot out their buddies as well. The reason for not killing the first enemy is that he can't make much noise, so it is very important not to kill him before he can become quite a nuisance.

And finally, sometimes it does not help to kill first. Most of the time people actually shoot and kill the first guy in a line, which, when done the right way, does NOT make sense. Many people shoot first when the guy is near the enemy and has to move to avoid being caught by bullets – that can be deadly when someone's gun goes off and you must duck for your life. Some people shoot at the first guy to make it look like it is him!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidthulhu posted:

some things never change :sun:

some things never change :mad:

Quidthulhu said that some things never change. That's easy for him to say. But is it actually suspicious? Psychologically, this utterance suggests that Quidthulhu, by and large, still thinks for his own benefit. He thinks that for every person he knows who comes on Quidthulhu's side, there might actually be someone else who is opposed; someone to whom he has, for all intents and purposes, made himself an enemy. For that person, Quidthulhu tells him, the universe could always be fixed and he could just keep repeating it to himself. It would be easier than fixing itself when it was at its most fragile in the first place. And Quidthulhu is the ultimate master manipulator. No matter how much he seeks to change things.

The universe isn't, for uthulhu, that black thing in the distance. In fact, if he could, he'd like to see Quidthulhu's mind shrink to such a point of insignificance that no one can blame him for feeling sad. The universe would be so big, and so unimportant, the only thing that matters would be what people say about itself. The universe, and, to an even larger degree, the way the rest of it works as well, has no value at all. He doesn't think the universe needs or cares about him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

What the gently caress? I put it on never expire and created it like an hour ago.

https://discord.gg/hq8ug6V

try this one?
it still says "invalid or expired" maybe because im already in your general maf server? but i think it shows something like "youre already in that server" when thats the case

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Mr. Steak posted:

it still says "invalid or expired" maybe because im already in your general maf server? but i think it shows something like "youre already in that server" when thats the case

Well, duh. If you're already in the server you don't need to join the server. Because you're already in the server.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well yeah but give me a confessional and add me to the scum chat

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
are you fuckers using that text-writing bot

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Steak overly concerned with being able to join the server, obviously needs to communicate with his scumteam

##vote Steak

see everybody d2

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

maybe he's a mason

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Why do we think E+ is unable to discern natural speech from mafia discourse? Perhaps it is because of the awkward and robotic nature of mafia gameplay, but the nature of human speech seems very much like that of some other animal: I could never understand the language of an eagle, let alone the speech of a human. I couldn't help but see it as "inappropriate for humans" - and yet I had heard, through my reading of films like The Devil Wears Prada, and from my own reading, that human language is much more like that of birds, animals, and fungi. We might be able to distinguish natural from the Mafia-made, natural language by a difference that isn't necessarily significant. But, then again, I find it hard to believe the Mafia is capable of something similar to language processing... And I do have some serious problems with my mind at this moment. I'm thinking of my wife, her friends, and her daughter. As I get ready to tell her what happened last night we'll ask friends on our Facebook and Twitter to tell us how she feels too. Maybe it's because she's not a fan of the film, but she definitely feels that what transpired was wrong; she can't believe they were caught. Maybe it was an act, just a coincidence, so they should have been caught. I don't know, but I really want to ask her to!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epsilon Plus posted:

lumpen's gotta be

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whoever wrote my role, thanks its pretty interesting

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope yams didnt edit mine too much cuz i am interested to see the chaos

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Wait what text writing bot? Also lmfao they had me in the first half not gonna lie

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i checked for breadcrumbs like a fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

considering yami edited "alignment changes will not be a part of this game" out of the OP, im assuming someone did