Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:siren:JUDGEMENT ALLOWED:siren:

Greetings, slow drivers of the world!

Are you the kind of person who drives the speed limit regardless of how arbitrary it seems? Are you a “5 Under” kind of person? Do you stop at yellow lights?

When you’re tooting along down a single lane route and you see a wide open road in front of you, and a line of cars a quarter mile long behind you, what are your thoughts???

Are you more concerned with safety or is it an anxiety thing?

Genuinely curious about you all. I am a bit more of an assertive, speedy driver. I just kind of want to get into the mindset of other kinds of drivers.

Judgement free zone.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

:blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu:

:suicide:

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Mods please change the thread title to "Subaru drivers only ITT"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you drive recklessly you are a bad person. If someone driving lawfully and carefully causes an accident because other drivers are reckless idiots, it is for the greater good and one can only hope that the dangerous drivers involved get hurt more.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If you aren’t doing at least ten mph over the limit, get off the road

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

1redflag posted:

If you aren’t doing at least ten mph over the limit, get off the road

loving amen. when you are the slowest person on the road YOU are the biggest hazard.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I feel absolutely no need to floor it to the next stoplight, the only thing it does is waste gas and increase the chance of getting into a wreck.

Go ahead and floor it around me, I’ll be laughing half a mile up the road when your dumb rear end is in the wrong loving lane and no, I’m not letting you over.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

I feel absolutely no need to floor it to the next stoplight, the only thing it does is waste gas

Nothing wastes more gas than stopping at a red light.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Nothing wastes more gas than stopping at a red light.
Stop signs are totally optional. Light? Depends on the traffic.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The worst is when I'm on my bike and I just crested a hill to a technical descent and a car squeaks by right as the downhill starts and now I'm riding this doorknobs bumper for the next 5 minutes as he puts down the hill.

I'm sure all sorts of cyclists make some drivers go insane but I at least do try to move over as much is safe and let cars by and not impeded traffic.

Watching some other people and groups ride gives me panic attacks at how unsafe they are.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

good song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHaYRHLd2zU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I drive in the leftmost lane at the exact speed limit.

You should not be driving faster than me therefore you do not need to pass me.

EDIT - This is unironic and I do this every day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Super Waffle posted:

I drive in the leftmost lane at the exact speed limit.

You should not be driving faster than me therefore you do not need to pass me.

EDIT - This is unironic and I do this all day every day.
Someone get the trubuchet and launch this guys car into a river.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I drive fast but tbh other fast drivers complain about slow drivers but are without fail the ones who blow through stop signs in residentials with kids, drive past stopped busses, tailgate, don't understand how yield signs or zipper traffic works, and habitually cannot adapt to weather conditions and will still slam 70+ while it's pouring obscene amounts of rain. They're the guys who unironically think "I'm a good driver so I won't get in an accident" acting like they have complete control over the other 80 people in rush hour traffic who are clearly preprogrammed bots in a videogame thus reliable and predictable.

So like, don't complain about slow drivers if you ignore literally every other law of the road because the slow drivers are by and large signifigantly less of a hazard on the whole.

I drive fast as poo poo but I don't tailgate, leaving following distance, and yield, 90% of other drivers going fast as gently caress don't and actually don't have a legitimate "safety" complaint about slow drivers they clearly don't give a gently caress about that it's entirely sourced from impatience and massive insecurity when they can't impose themselves on others on the road.

So tbh I'd rather be stuck with a bunch of careful, ponderous slow drivers than a bunch of fast drivers who complain about slow drivers because it makes it harder for them to drive like shitheads.
If you complain about slow drivers but will weave from lane to lane in heavy traffic your complaints are basically like worth nothing. Same to people who passive aggressively refuse to signal.

gently caress extremely old people though, they drive slow and dangerously as gently caress.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i knew a guy who would drive like 5 miles below the limit because "im not going to risk my safety so someone else can go faster" but then he also really enjoyed it when another driver would get pissed off about his slow driving so i think he was just a sadist who worked within the confines of the law

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I drive for the city so yeah, slow af.

Also people pass me all the time and I just catch them at the next red light. The city actually is working on an app for the main drag that lines out the status of the lights up ahead and recommends slowing down or speeding up to make the green.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
MOVE OVER rear end in a top hat!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I'm pretty slow in the city but I'll be damned if you catch me passing a semi doing 71

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Broke up with a girl cause she turned a two hour trip down to Virginia Beach into a 6 hour trip because she refused to drive over the speed limit and exclusively stayed in the right lane.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grem posted:

Broke up with a girl cause she turned a two hour trip down to Virginia Beach into a 6 hour trip because she refused to drive over the speed limit and exclusively stayed in the right lane.

Was your right foot broken or something?

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
People driving 45 in a 45 don't realize that for every car behind them has to drive 2 mph slower than the car infront of them to make up for variances in distance and speed over time. By the time you have 5 cars behind you the furthest car back is driving about 10 mph under the speed limit now and you're causing a traffic pile up.

If the roads are clear and visibility is a good distance ahead you should be going the same average speed as everybody around you is able to, otherwise pull over and let someone qualified to drive.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

gently caress you, you retarded pussy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You sound like a distracted driver my dude.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Grem posted:

Miss you :love:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm seeing a whole lot of judgement in this, the slow driver safe space thread

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

numberoneposter posted:

Someone get the trubuchet and launch this guys car into a river.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmCUZfjVYk

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I DONT GIVE A GOOD GO D drat gently caress IF YOU DRIVE SLOW BUT STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE WHEN DOING SO

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

:gas:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Last Chance posted:

I DONT GIVE A GOOD GO D drat gently caress IF YOU DRIVE SLOW BUT STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE WHEN DOING SO

no

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Was your right foot broken or something?

She wouldn't let me drive her car.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
being brown means that getting pulled over is an exciting game of life or death, so driving the speed limit means there's one less thing to pull me over for. ill sometimes cheat and drive 67-68 in a 65 zone because ive never heard of a cop pulling someone over for going 2-3mph over the limit.

pigs aside, my car is old and it takes a while to zoom zoom zoom, and when it does, the interior is rattling.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Grem posted:

She wouldn't let me drive her car.

Don't let anyone tell you that you made the wrong decision.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hovers over button...rereads thread title....uh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Those MK5s are cheap now I've been looking at cars.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think he's made it clear he won't.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I strictly follow the speed limit

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I live in Montana where the speed limit is 80 on the interstate, it is actually pretty rare that people speed here. It feels fast enough. Every once in a while someone will pass me doing 10 over and there's usually a 50/50 chance I'll see them pulled over by highway patrol after a few miles :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I drive a truck for work 3 days a week and I don't care whether you go slow or you go fast as long as you signal properly and don't cut me off then slow down to 5mph to take a right turn in front of me cause I weigh like 25k+ lbs in a 24 foot box truck if I'm loaded and one of these days someone isn't gonna be quick enough and get pasted and I'm gonna tell you right now I'm not gonna feel bad about it at all if you make dumb rear end choices and don't have an understanding of vehicular physics then you gonna learn that day.