Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

rjmccall posted:

I don’t really enjoy watching DotA so much that I’d watch a lot of it without casters I could understand.

I was under the impression that BTS ran English-language production for most tournaments these days.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but yeah they've been streaming some China and SEA games, seems like they're covering all the games that are happening right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

simply wait for some eu casting to happen i guess. or watch poo poo in russian maybe? or just watch in client

the russians are worse than both NA and EU talent combined lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1M...unique_k=mz1v5G

now this is the good poo poo

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's not a moral thing, it's like, you're running a business, right? You need people to represent your business. So you've got this guy, who, essentially, is bringing in a ton of this associated baggage along with him, where now every time this guy is on stream representing your company you're having to auto-ban thousands of messages and links to the video. It just seems like an absolutely weird thing to sign yourself up for, and I think this kind of sets the precedent for BTS looking at people who have all this associated baggage with them and just sort of hand-wave it. Like, they knew about Grandgrant being in a lawsuit against Llama and brought them both in anyways and their reasoning was basically just "eh whatever." Forget about his NADota behaviour, that enough should have been a thing they thought about for maybe one second but they clearly didn't. There was even that one Summit not that long ago where they brought in prominent n-word-user Mason to join in and surprise surprise they got a ton of flak when the couch devolved into the guys making GBS threads on Tinder matches or whatever. The point here I guess is that BTS doesn't really seem to care about vetting or anything at all and is why I'm not surprised as to why they, now that all of this has come out, they just kind of don't really care enough to not let Zyori on the stream.

Oh yeah, the 'I don't recall giving Grandgrant legal advice' line in the BTS statement was absolute bullshit.

If you are hiring someone and they say 'oh by the way I'm being sued by someone else in the industry' then you remember every part of the following conversation. Also your company lawyer remembers every part of the conversation because they will be in the room too. And you all take notes.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

this is awesome

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lets get one of those rich goons who wanted to buy the website from Lowtax to seed money for a non-sex pest DotA studio

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lets get one of those rich goons who wanted to buy the website from Lowtax to seed money for a non-sex pest DotA studio

so no goons then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BTS already got seeded with goon money.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beyond-the-summit-esports-studio

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Rtz lookin like a junkie get some goddamn sun man

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We're already 0/1 on a goon running a non-sex pest dota studio

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Non baby face RTZ is not what I expected.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taffer posted:

Lemme just scratch my stank rear end balls and put that hand back on my mouse lmao

One of the weirdest defenses I see to this all the time is the "don't pretend you've never done this" approach. Is this a normal thing to do? Ive literally never scratched my balls and then smelled my hand before

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

It's weird, but some dudes do it. On its own its not some disqualifying thing, but mixed with the dreads he had then it was a sign of terrible hygiene, and then you add on all his disgusting creep rear end poo poo that just came out, and that guy should be completely unhirable, especially in a position where he is part of the face of your "brand". Just gross.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

One of the weirdest defenses I see to this all the time is the "don't pretend you've never done this" approach. Is this a normal thing to do? Ive literally never scratched my balls and then smelled my hand before

Thats not even the weirdest part of the video. He walks from the bathroom to his living room to get toilet paper off his desk to wipe his rear end in the living room.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

how do I get more of this and less of all the other poo poo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
for the crime of smelling his own balls, zyori must be sentenced to death

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

little munchkin posted:

:hmmyes:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

little munchkin posted:

sniff sniff

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kild posted:

Thats not even the weirdest part of the video. He walks from the bathroom to his living room to get toilet paper off his desk to wipe his rear end in the living room.

Depression Personified

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

apologies to whichever of you is Jimmy Dean Breakfast

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taffer posted:

It's weird, but some dudes do it. On its own its not some disqualifying thing, but mixed with the dreads he had then it was a sign of terrible hygiene, and then you add on all his disgusting creep rear end poo poo that just came out, and that guy should be completely unhirable, especially in a position where he is part of the face of your "brand". Just gross.

Zyori and the moonduck crew are also kind of the backbone of the group of people who see the fact that people like Georgc get more viewers than he does when he casts official tournaments, and instead of coming to the logical conclusion that tournament organizers should just get Georgc to cast the tournament, he should instead not be allowed to cast the tournament at all so everyone has to watch Zyori on the official cast.

So yeah Zyori having no idea that this girl he was trying to put the smooth moves on wasn't into him at all sounded spot-on

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's pretty depressing to rediscover that i enjoy a particular hero and then find out that they have absolutely gently caress-all for good cosmetics. why is the only good sand king set a limited availability crayfish-looking one? the others look like play-doh molded into turds. valve just hire me to provide set ideas. why doesn't sand king have a half-vitrified crystalline skin. they're a loving amalgamate of sand.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's pretty depressing to rediscover that i enjoy a particular hero and then find out that they have absolutely gently caress-all for good cosmetics. why is the only good sand king set a limited availability crayfish-looking one? the others look like play-doh molded into turds. valve just hire me to provide set ideas. why doesn't sand king have a half-vitrified crystalline skin. they're a loving amalgamate of sand.

I would assume the fact that nyx and sand king are basically the same model makes cosmetics a challenge, gotta make sure they differentiate enough?

But that wouldn't explain why Mirana gets a ton of cosmetics and Luna gets gently caress-all.

In the original dota mod were these literally just pallet swaps of the same (or extremely similar) WC3 models?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, Nyx was a Crypt Lord, Sand King was an Aracthinid, Mirana was a Priestess of the Moon and Luna was a Huntress.

But yeah. some heroes have tons of bad cosmetics. I hate all the jugg ones that ruin his colour palette.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like i've never had an issue telling heroes apart and even if sand king and nyx assassin were in the same game and on the same team i'd probably be tipped off that it's nyx assassin and not sand king immediately by the fact that it's popping directly out of invisibility to spike me for big damage 90% of the time i see it

but anyways, yeah, sand king's cosmetic selection is loving dire as hell. even one of his two immortals kinda looks like butt. (the headpiece)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

sand king is weird esp because he's a staple hero that is pretty popular, look at all the poo poo tidehunter has and they occupy the same role.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ItohRespectArmy posted:

sand king is weird esp because he's a staple hero that is pretty popular, look at all the poo poo tidehunter has and they occupy the same role.

yeah! it's super weird! the inconsistency is wild as hell. i guess tidehunter is more popular because ravage is more of a big-ticket ultimate in pro games. i also never see sand king in pro games lately unless i'm just missing it, so, hey.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Just from a technical perspective, making Tidehunter stuff is easy because all of his outfits can basically sit on top of his base model. His anchor is just a static object and any hat can just sit on top of his head. The really difficult heroes to make outfits for are ones that you would actually have to replace limps and animate, which Sand King and Nyx fall into. You have to animate all their different movements and last-hits and skills and now the taunts, and that's a lot of additional knowledge. Plus, the fundamental shapes are just more difficult - you essentially have to design an entirely new character for a Nyx/SK set, whereas for Jugg you just need a new face and a sword, maybe some pants if you're feeling extra. I think I could easily knock out a Tidehunter/Juggernaut/Sven set that looks pretty decent, but a SK/Nyx set is out of my skillset I think. Honestly, the hero I'm most surprised has a lot of sets despite the difficulty to make is Mirana. Her mounts look disproportionately good compared to some of the really awful sets other heroes get

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

honestly that's a pretty good point, i hadn't considered that angle. sand king's sets still look like butt, though. :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Peksudota/status/1280207595530264577

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was just looking at some teams to see if I could figure out who got offers and saw that Business Associates only has a 1/3/5 rostered right now so that seems like a really obvious landing spot for zfreek

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fem antimage is out

I don't think I like how valley girl it is.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
That AM persona is pure garbage... I feel bad for all the people who spent money to try and get it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Her voice sounds kinda familiar, I wonder who it is

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Looks pretty good to me. I was expecting either some cringy sexed up AM or some horrific unidentifiable particle mess, and it's neither. It's a nice looking model that preserves the color palette and silhouette, that alone makes it better than basically all the others.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i dunno what you two are going on about. this poo poo is better designed than base anti-mage.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[In Anti-Mage voice] Annie Mage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So what are the best anti-mage counters for me to pick for the next week or so

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

So what are the best anti-mage counters for me to pick for the next week or so

Pressuring and enjoying the free win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU