Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

AM persona would be good if she shared any of the AM cosmetics. The design is a good start but lacks flare. And particle effects. I need particle effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

So what are the best anti-mage counters for me to pick for the next week or so

Time to learn Meepo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

AM persona would be good if she shared any of the AM cosmetics. The design is a good start but lacks flare. And particle effects. I need particle effects.

*earthshaker voice* No

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Firebatgyro posted:

Time to learn Meepo

never

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I want a Necrophos comic based on my AI Dungeon adventure with him one time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3905798&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post501618949

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Sammyboy's itemization is honestly such dogshit

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mage Basher is too good not to use.

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, i dunno what you two are going on about. this poo poo is better designed than base anti-mage.

I think it looks fine, it's basically female anti mage. I just don't like her voice at all.

I'd also like to be able ot other other cosmetics. I didn't know you couldn't since the Invoker one looks and sounds garbage so I didn't get it.

also big losing streak, divine 2 to ancient 4. rip i suck when i cant cheese everything with necro book.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

Her voice sounds kinda familiar, I wonder who it is

its laura bailey

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

I played a quick bot game to test out Uncle-Mage and I at least prefer her design to some of that gaudy poo poo that went into the Collector's Cache. I like the voice lines, too.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

i legit do not get what goes on in people’s brains that think that particle effects on almost any of the gear in the game looks good

it isn’t even about ‘readability’ or anything for me, stuff just looks ugly

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

the animations feel good and the model isn't garbage and isn't weird a++

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love being in a skill bracket where I can just poo poo on teams with mid Dark Willow I wish she had more cool cosmetics

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

fem antimage is extremely good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kild posted:

its laura bailey

Jesus she's pretty much the female Steven Blum looking at how many other voice rolls she's done

Ambivalent posted:

i legit do not get what goes on in people’s brains that think that particle effects on almost any of the gear in the game looks good

it isn’t even about ‘readability’ or anything for me, stuff just looks ugly

Yeah sometimes its obnoxious but it jazzes things up

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh1FZMGCTPk

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Hot take here: some hats are cool, others are bad.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is the Huskar chainsaw a hat? Discuss.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

more falafel please posted:

fem antimage is extremely good

:agreed:

Would've liked to see converted basher/manta blades for those that owned it, or custom skill icons but I can live without it. There's been way too much particle creep over the last 3 years so this is a nice change of pace for once

but of course the dota reddit is crying at how fem AM doesn't look like an anime waifu covered in glowing poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

girl antimage just kinda highlights how lovely and bad some of the models like crystal maiden's look in comparison

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

What the gently caress did I just watch and why do I love it?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was there another matchmaking update that completely screwed things or something, because after i fell from divine 1 to ancient 5 I immediately started getting low legend supports and getting utterly stomped.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/aghanim

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hell yeah, i was wondering when the summer event would start

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
It's basically Siltbreaker but as a rogue-like, with some minor permanent upgrades. Seems pretty fun but I've only done 1 run so far.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mostly just want something chill to do with my friends in dota that doesn't have to involve the possibility of getting dragged down by a spiraling game

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently basher doesn';t work on any of the enemies in this mode lol

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mostly just want something chill to do with my friends in dota that doesn't have to involve the possibility of getting dragged down by a spiraling game

same except without my friends or any other people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I am Aghanim. Yes, THAT Aghanim. From Zelda.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really miss the old dota artist who did the cool masks and polynesian styled designs instead of all these dreamworks looking dudes.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Aghanim quotes sound like they were written by Slacks.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Acerbatus posted:

I really miss the old dota artist who did the cool masks and polynesian styled designs instead of all these dreamworks looking dudes.

I said the exact same thing earlier today - you can tell this is the same artist who did all character designs for Underlords that look basically identical. If you look at Dota concept art you can see that the old art lead who left Valve was the guy who did all the final designs for 90% of heroes.

rjmccall posted:

The Aghanim quotes sound like they were written by Slacks.

Also said this earlier! All his lines are like jokes a theater dork would come up with

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Reality Protester posted:

I am Aghanim. Yes, THAT Aghanim. From Zelda.

And this is my Pinterest.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

aghanim's labyrinth is fun as hell

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Unless you run into one of the game-ending bugs where you can't progress and never get your crystals or points from it. The most common one appears to be the Dark Portal one where they stop spawning at 9/11.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Horizon Burning posted:

they stop spawning at 9/11.

gabe newell did 9/11 confirmed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So what's the cool strat to use for the labyrinth? I just played my first round as Viper and he seemed pretty good but idk

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

IcePhoenix posted:

So what's the cool strat to use for the labyrinth? I just played my first round as Viper and he seemed pretty good but idk

Sniper, Omni, Mars, Viper did pretty well. Life rounds are a trap because, ideally, you shouldn't be dying. Had a group who kept going life rounds and we were so weak from the lack of gold and treasure.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Every hero needs both Heart and Force Staff to survive the final boss. He does this laser thing that starts on you and tracks you at like 400 movespeed. You need to force staff (or some other major movespeed increase) to not die every time it happens.

I think Witch Doctor is the single best hero.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that laser is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I've been having some good results with Disruptor, though admittedly the farthest I've gotten is level 14 playing with pubbies. If you get the right enhancements you can do a lot with infinite Kinetic Field.