Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

IcePhoenix posted:

really thought Alliance was gonna take that one when they were pulling ahead midgame

It's not exactly fair to phrase it that way but the one cancelled blink on ES cost them the game. Crazy that Alliance can win three teamfights in a row but then one lost fight and it's smooth sailing for Secret again. Kinda makes Mudgolems' victory yesterday all the more impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super Rad posted:

It's not exactly fair to phrase it that way but the one cancelled blink on ES cost them the game. Crazy that Alliance can win three teamfights in a row but then one lost fight and it's smooth sailing for Secret again. Kinda makes Mudgolems' victory yesterday all the more impressive.

Yeah for sure. Fitting that it was a zombie that did it.

Also I saw something on Reddit that Mudgolems has the second highest winrate in EU since like June, at 78% to Secret's 81%

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Secret is so good at preventing cool things from happening.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

IcePhoenix posted:

Also I saw something on Reddit that Mudgolems has the second highest winrate in EU since like June, at 78% to Secret's 81%

LMAO, Jesus. With all the twists and turns of 2020, FATA being on a good team again seems extremely fitting.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
DIRETIDE

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.dota2.com/diretide

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

diretide

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
jfc its been 7 years. gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also 7 years since pikmin 3 what is the connection

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Holy poo poo that Spooly courier and lycan set.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That SS immortal is baller

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

is it fun

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
ah a classic allianceliquid throw

edit: this has become very throwy

lurksion fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 29, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmfao rosh pit strikes again

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Neutral items and all the poo poo that Rosh drops has proven that the most difficult aspect of dota is picking up items of the ground.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A SECOND RAPIRA

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
That's a backdoor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:laffo: that ending

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

IcePhoenix posted:

:laffo: that ending

:hmmyes:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That Shadow Shaman immortal is sick

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Taffer posted:

is it fun

Its a lot of fun, it only took valve 10 years but they finally made a good seasonal event. Idk why they kept making those awful pve events but whatever.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The real question now is will they be able to stop the thousands of bots that will destroy the mode.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The real question now is will they be able to stop the thousands of bots that will destroy the mode.

No.

(they won't try either)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The genie Warlock golem is also absolutely fantastic

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Leshrac aghs is bugged. Lightening strikes every .01 seconds and kills everyone instantly.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything is bugged

one of my friends picked undying and just had infinite aegis

same with linkens when I picked qop

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 30, 2020

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

we are valves qa

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Acerbatus posted:

everything is bugged

one of my friends picked undying and just had infinite aegis

What part of UNDYING Do you people not understand?

Also they should make the Sideshop guys playable characters. Just the two of them working together to push a cart around throwing out buffs.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
I'm already super stoked that they got their shops back on the (diretide) map.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Diretide is a more enjoyable heroes of the storm

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Carrying candy needs to decrease movespeed and increase cooldowns.

Rosh is a decent anti-snowball mechanic, but I think his required candy should be like (net advantage/2) and not “5”.

Winning should be +10, not +2.

The mode needs the Ranked Allpick autoban implemented. Some heroes (super mobile ones, especially) are far too good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like how there's an upper bracket finals and a 4th place match today and if you asked people who weren't following the tournament to put the two matchups in the spot they thought they were in like 95% would get it wrong

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IcePhoenix posted:

I like how there's an upper bracket finals and a 4th place match today and if you asked people who weren't following the tournament to put the two matchups in the spot they thought they were in like 95% would get it wrong

What? The 4 best teams in EU/CIS are playing today.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

DNK posted:

Carrying candy needs to decrease movespeed and increase cooldowns.

Rosh is a decent anti-snowball mechanic, but I think his required candy should be like (net advantage/2) and not “5”.

Winning should be +10, not +2.

The mode needs the Ranked Allpick autoban implemented. Some heroes (super mobile ones, especially) are far too good.

the required candy on Rosh is pretty variable, I've seen 10+. I don't know how it's calculated though

wholly agreed on the autobans. Do you know if the bans that do exist are guaranteed or 50/50?

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 30, 2020

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Liquid serving up some riveting dota these last couple of days.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

What? The 4 best teams in EU/CIS are playing today.

I'm saying everyone would expect the winner bracket finals to be secret/liquid if you looked at what the matches today are, not the other way around

Also that game one owned

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Timbersaw with an ironwood tree is wonderful

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat that was a stomp

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/3/3f/Vo_templar_assassin_temp_fastres_01.mp3/revision/latest?cb=20201020212000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

IcePhoenix posted:

Timbersaw with an ironwood tree is wonderful

Love to see my favorite hero played so well. Seeing Boxi dodge bloodrites with the ironwood was :discourse: