Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nobody:

VP: Love to take my stand for the early TI dropping team whom everyone should respect and willfully take our word on drugs as a spontaneously freely flowing stream of piss collectively runs down OG's uncontrollably shaking baby deer legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

The only drug that OG is on that matters is the drug of pure friendship.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Oh so theyre taking mdma too now

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Just chiming in to say that Adderall is definitely 'speed' - the active ingredient is amphetamine with 25% of it being the inactive/less active chiral molecule. Taking Adderall isn't going to suddenly turn an average dota player into an outstanding one so I don't think it can be credited with the level of play that we're seeing out of OG, but when you're on a game 3 / game 5 and it's dragging close to the 1 hour mark I can definitely see stimulants like amphetamine giving one team a noticeable edge. Hell I've even taken Adderall to stay sharp at long MTG tournaments, and I was far from the only one lol.

In any case, it's very easy to get a Rx for it so I honestly have no idea if there's a 'solution' to the problem Adderall use poses, it's not realistic to test people for legal prescription medication.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

oh poo poo, valve put a prediction for the loser's final into the void spirit announcement we all missed

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So is there any actual proof of all this, or is it just the VP manager running his mouth?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Super Rad posted:

Just chiming in to say that Adderall is definitely 'speed' - the active ingredient is amphetamine with 25% of it being the inactive/less active chiral molecule. Taking Adderall isn't going to suddenly turn an average dota player into an outstanding one so I don't think it can be credited with the level of play that we're seeing out of OG, but when you're on a game 3 / game 5 and it's dragging close to the 1 hour mark I can definitely see stimulants like amphetamine giving one team a noticeable edge. Hell I've even taken Adderall to stay sharp at long MTG tournaments, and I was far from the only one lol.

In any case, it's very easy to get a Rx for it so I honestly have no idea if there's a 'solution' to the problem Adderall use poses, it's not realistic to test people for legal prescription medication.

Yeah but the point is any caffeinated beverage would do the same thing. They even take a break between each game to down one if they think they need it. If there’s an actual drug for cheating being taken here, it’s not addy.

And probably everyone is taking it, which is a whole other problem from VP losing because they always choke at TI.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
We all know that OG is trippin balls on acid, just look at their play

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Anyone have a link/source to the OG accusation?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I know you guys are probably super old and totally out of the know with the kids these days and the jazz music and whatnot but college kids buying adderall off of someone for the explicit purpose of studying longer and doing well on tests is incredibly well-documented. My roommate had a perscription and someone offered him 50$ PER PILL to use them for exams.

Like, yes the accusations need to be substantiated and all of that but to say "actually adderall wouldn't help anyone do better at a thing" is just loving stupid

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ATP_Power posted:

The only drug that OG is on that matters is the drug of pure friendship.

Honestly, you'd have to be on drugs to pick carry Io at the largest eSports tournament in the world.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

n0tail was really adderALL over the place in that last series against lgd

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This man just won a video game an won millions of dollars and he's so happy he's crying from the stress relief.....no that doesn't make sense that's not how emotions work. Clearly drugs.

it's not just that, it's having to hold yourself at peak mental intensity for 3+ hours and having to be completely 100% on-point with everything you do. There's a crazy mental/physical drop once you let yourself go; you're super fragile and basically just floating in outer space emotionally and mentally. If you've ever experienced it I think it's pretty obvious when you see someone else going through it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Void Spirit trailer going AR was weird, and I half expected it to break and it almost did. It would have been more awesome and less awkward if he was walking through conflicts from TI grand finals.

Like Chaos Knight VS Alchemist, Earthshaker’s disastahslam, that sort of thing.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
who cares if he's on drugs when he does this
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/471464454?t=05h50m24s

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I know you guys are probably super old and totally out of the know with the kids these days and the jazz music and whatnot but college kids buying adderall off of someone for the explicit purpose of studying longer and doing well on tests is incredibly well-documented. My roommate had a perscription and someone offered him 50$ PER PILL to use them for exams.

Like, yes the accusations need to be substantiated and all of that but to say "actually adderall wouldn't help anyone do better at a thing" is just loving stupid

Yeah but some of us actually take adderall. You're not going to convince me it does something it doesn't do.

Thanks for the take, I guess.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

awesmoe posted:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Goddamnit I stay up late waiting for the new hero reveal, then once I finally go to sleep they announce void spirit literally 10 minutes later. Here's hoping we get a 3rd hero today (the mind control one), assuming its a separate character from void spirit.

also good to see that carry io isn't completely busted and does have a counter, though ana Io is still probably unstoppable due to all the support from his team.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

The Io carry really needs a proper draft behind it to work, otherwise you don't come online fast enough and can more easily get dived.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

the aderrall defenders have logged in, careful, they can see every detail of every move u make

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

All these idiots playing heroes when you can just play the creeps.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

parabolic fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 24, 2019

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Nasgate posted:

Imo the drug OG actually uses is smoking some phat dabs. Explains their ability to remain calm and just have fun playing dotes.

Just look at any pic of jerax. Dude is constantly high

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
https://clips.twitch.tv/ManlySparklingPhoneAMPTropPunch

lmao s4

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 24, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yup this is all true. So many people I know especially while I was in college bought and used addys or vyvan constantly for tests and essays

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The only thing modafinil ever did for me was make it impossible to sleep no matter how much I wanted to. It was pretty miserable.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yup this is all true. So many people I know especially while I was in college bought and used addys or vyvan constantly for tests and essays

They do this because there's a limit to how much caffeine lets you stay up without sleeping that addy can go further with. It's not because it makes you an ubermensch, and in this tournament a lack of sleep isn't the issue.

Like, the point I'm trying to get across here is if a professional sports team wants to use drugs to get an edge, there are much better ones to go to than adderall. That you knew a dude or three in college that used it to stay up later for crunch times is beside the point because it's an entirely different situation. That VP coach arguing they're all high on adderall and that's why VP lost is dumb for many reasons, one of which is the drug just wouldn't do what he seems to think it'd do.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

As someone that's both done this and been around it a lot: loving lmao at everyone that does it when you get better, more controllable effects by using caffeine pills which are 3$ a bottle.

People use Adderall like this because MAD poo poo their pants and spread the idea that it's exactly like speed/meth because they contain some of the same chemicals. Y'know, because the other chemicals, dosage, and method of intake have zero effect :jerkbag:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Guys it's obvious that OG is railing a line of coke every single time Ana hits a creep, how else could you explain their psychotic drafts?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Man I want to choose the right fantasy cards for today but I can't possibly predict LGD vs Liquid. It seems like Liiquid are going strong but I feel like LGD is going to be fueled by pure spite to get back to the finals.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Ana took time off from og to attend court ordered rehab

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
LGD is going to dumpster Liquid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

LGD is going to dumpster Liquid

Hell yeah go china

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The true time line involved LGD picking Void and Shadow Demon and then losing to Liquid because Liquid picks Mind_Control Pudge

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Nasgate posted:

People use Adderall like this because MAD poo poo their pants and spread the idea that it's exactly like speed/meth because they contain some of the same chemicals. Y'know, because the other chemicals, dosage, and method of intake have zero effect :jerkbag:

You don't know what you're talking about, speed is the street name for amphetamine, adderrall is amphetamine. Amphetamines are the only active compound in adderall (yes it's a racemic mix but if that mattered then they'd be on Dexedrine anyways which isn't racemic). Adderall is literally rx speed. It affects people with ADD differently than normal people which is why it is prescribed to people with ADD and that is why to people it is prescribed it doesn't feel like a drug to them because it alleviates their ADD symptoms, for everyone else it's a very potent stimulant.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
If OG plays the way they do because they're on drugs then I wish every team would start doing drugs

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Nasgate posted:

As someone that's both done this and been around it a lot: loving lmao at everyone that does it when you get better, more controllable effects by using caffeine pills which are 3$ a bottle.

in my experience the side effects of high doses of caffeine are way worse then Adderall/amphetamine/speed. couple this with the fact lots of people in the world have a tolerance for caffeine and you can maybe begin to see why people would want a cleaner feeling alternative.

saying caffeine has better effects than amphetamine is loving laughable, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

If OG plays the way they do because they're on drugs then I wish every team would start doing drugs

:same: