Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
rough game for Sammyboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

nice to see naga is still cancer after all these years

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:holymoley:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

rough game for Sammyboy

it was a really good game for him and then he didnt build any item that gave agi or armor so he just gets deleted

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Wait, so how do you cs under tower now? It's not 5bhits1 rclick/2 hits 2 rclick?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
for ranged its 3 tower hits then you hit. for melee its like 6 and 2 ? idk

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

if you do less than 72 damage you hit the melee creep once, if you do more you can just let the tower get it in last hit range

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

baby delivery truck posted:

Wait, so how do you cs under tower now? It's not 5bhits1 rclick/2 hits 2 rclick?

Kild posted:

5 tower hits will reduce a melee creep at 145HP
6 tower hits will reduce a melee creep to 64HP
If you do <72 damage, you should hit the melee creep once before the last hit (i.e. a "pre-hit")
If you do >=72 damage, you can (on average) secure the last hit without "pre-hitting"

4 tower hits will reduce a siege creep to 35 HP
If you do <70 damage, you will need to "pre-hit" the siege creep once and take the last hit after 4 tower hits
If you do >=70 damage, you can last hit the siege creep after 4 tower hits.

2 tower hits will reduce a ranged creep to 120 HP
3 tower hits will reduce a ranged creep to 30HP
You can (almost) always last hit a ranged creep after 3 tower hits (>=30 damage)

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 30, 2020

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

This thread is over a year old now and I'm very sad there's no TI this year.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I don't understand why they can't keep the players socially distanced while on the same LAN. All the infrastructure for viewing from home is still there.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think travel is the biggest problem, especially internationally where some countries are outright barred from entry

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think travel is the biggest problem, especially internationally where some countries are outright barred from entry

sumail literally can't enter the EU at the moment (neither can I)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Not only would having a TI this year where players are socially distanced or whatever be an incredibly irresponsible idea, but like there is also the VISA situation as well.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Just make TI an online tournament and have everyone play on South Africa servers.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
I would be genuinely curious about how the meta develops when everyone is forced to play with cross-continent lag.
Rise of the right clickers?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
So, uh, is GH playing from Lebanon currently?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Yep. Nigma tweeted about it when they had to forfeit a game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the best dota team in each region should play the best lol team and the loser doesnt get to be an esport anymore

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

the best dota team in each region should play the best lol team and the loser doesnt get to be an esport anymore

I'm all for this as long as it's in the new Pokemon moba.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd honestly forgotten how fun sand king is. i don't see them very much in games, though. is there a reason for that?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I've mostly ignored my Dota inventory for years - like, to the point where I never even really familiarized myself with the inventory UI.

I was poking around it today and I noticed I own several treasures which sell for $25 and $50 on the Steam marketplace. Sweet - I wanna liquidate them and get some steam bux.

I listed one treasure and now want to list another, but the one I want to list next is on cooldown for a week. Is this because I just listed a different one, and this is some safeguard to prevent my inventory from being liquidated if my account is taken over by an attacker?

I have never listed an item on the Steam marketplace before, so it seems pretty reasonable that I might be forced to slow roll things at first - I just want to know what's up.

EDIT: Checking carefully, my other treasures are NOT on cooldown. It's only this one "Treasure of the Cherished Hoard Perfect World" which is on cooldown for a week - and, weirdly, is also listed as "(Not Tradable)". I have no idea why. Is it never going to be tradable and the UI is just confusing? Why is it listed as both not tradable and on trade cooldown for one week?

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 2, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
tobi posted cringe

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/1278609008362954752

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

EDIT: Checking carefully, my other treasures are NOT on cooldown. It's only this one "Treasure of the Cherished Hoard Perfect World" which is on cooldown for a week - and, weirdly, is also listed as "(Not Tradable)". I have no idea why. Is it never going to be tradable and the UI is just confusing? Why is it listed as both not tradable and on trade cooldown for one week?

I have the same Cherished hoard treasure, but I got it from a Rylai wheel in this year's battle pass (as a side note, while there are people selling it for $50, the max price it was sold for was ~$2). It, along with all the other items I've gotten from the spins, has a trade cooldown until July 4 so I'll try to sell some of them. However, I suspect all items received from this BP aren't tradable/marketable and the date is just a placeholder.

New accounts have market restrictions but normal accounts that have made purchases shouldn't have any restrictions on making new listings.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
its always the sign of a man who has done nothing wrong when he immediately steps out of the public eye indefinitely as soon as allegations come out about him

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

hahha tobi is such a loving jabroni

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'd honestly forgotten how fun sand king is. i don't see them very much in games, though. is there a reason for that?

sort of like windranger, sk tends to feel like he doesn't do anything unless you hit the ideal stun in a fight, and it's really hard to do that

also its main purpose in lane is to crush melee heroes and competitive teams will just dodge the lane matchup

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

He’s got an instantcast AOE reliable stun and an amazing farming skill. I don’t think SK will ever be Bad as long as those two things are true.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Johnny Joestar posted:

I've heard people say epicentre is the worst ultimate

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Never again in the history dota

yeah go away forever Tobi

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Reading the comments of that tweet is loving miserable

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Reading the comments of that tweet is loving miserable

Gamers are slime

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tobi seems like a dude who will go away for like a year and then start trying to worm his way back into things or switch to a different game and scene. He always gave me the vibe of being a giant loser whose entire ego is wrapped up in being some esports guy

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Tobi seems like a dude who will go away for like a year and then start trying to worm his way back into things or switch to a different game and scene. He always gave me the vibe of being a giant loser whose entire ego is wrapped up in being some esports guy

hes gonna go find solace in some mens rights community and start a new bitcoin or something

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

DNK posted:

He’s got an instantcast AOE reliable stun and an amazing farming skill. I don’t think SK will ever be Bad as long as those two things are true.

the typical sand king combo to flash-explode creep waves and farm feels so satisfying, and pulling off the thump combo in a teamfight is hype as hell. that poo poo alone makes the hero fun to play, honestly.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Tobi will be fine once his crypto starts to gain traction.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Maybe he'll go try to make his own crappy FPS DotA game.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I know he's better now, but I kinda miss the old WC3 era chinese SK core build where you went treads battlefury into blink, just deleting a creep wave in a couple of autoattacks. Nowdays with new sandstorm, his new aghs and so many powerful utility items out there, I don't really think that build has any real reason to exist.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

ATP_Power posted:

I know he's better now, but I kinda miss the old WC3 era chinese SK core build where you went treads battlefury into blink, just deleting a creep wave in a couple of autoattacks. Nowdays with new sandstorm, his new aghs and so many powerful utility items out there, I don't really think that build has any real reason to exist.

That build wasn't actually very good back then either

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ATP_Power posted:

i want to pull off the chad sand king build of having radiance so that + sandstorm just makes an absolute fucker of a no-go zone for opponents along with being able to easily zorch creep waves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Valve are cowards for removing stacked blademails so quickly. That was fun for one game. Bring that back.