Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I mean I'm all for admitting that Ana is good but realistically he was just super lucky right? There's no way he knew the ult was coming and swapped in that instant.

i mean, the specific instant was probably rng but its totally reasonable that ana, the guy pretty well known for insane reflexes and presence of mind, could have just been looking at zeus or some poo poo to watch for ulti and reacted to that. this definitely isnt the first time ana reacted to some poo poo in some absurd way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Played against pos 3 alch twice tonight and it sucked. Fighting into a Warlock with Aghs/Refresher/Shard at 35min is a nightmare. Alch did very low hero damage both times, the other picks with their free aghs did the work for him.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

Played against pos 3 alch twice tonight and it sucked. Fighting into a Warlock with Aghs/Refresher/Shard at 35min is a nightmare. Alch did very low hero damage both times, the other picks with their free aghs did the work for him.

Should be easy enough to punish with some blocks though, wouldn't it?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
IG is in danger of also being relegated to lower division. What is going on!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think there's any actual relegation this season

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

EG beats Too Based 2-0 to go 4-0 in North America!!!! #bleedblue

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sadboys need to disband. Someone needs to sponsor Undying because this team is Good.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
4 BM midases because Sadboys won't call it gg

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

If Secret loses to Liquid and Brame they could actually fall out of div 1 right? EU is crazy

Also, it's a shame that NA and SA only get two teams at the majors. I feel like they both deserve 3.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It's really dumb they didn't add wildcard slots for NA and SA after what happened at the last major.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Frustrated posted:

If Secret loses to Liquid and Brame they could actually fall out of div 1 right? EU is crazy

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think there's any actual relegation this season

e: to expand a bit, considering the post-ti shuffles that always happen I think valve will probably do the same thing they did at the start of the DPC this year and just place a few teams in upper division and then fill out the upper and lower divisions through quals. Worst I could see happening to Secret is being forced into those quals.

But like, they're going to make TI. Would be weird for them to then start next season in the lower division.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 10, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Secret and IG might not even make it to the major. That’s just insane

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It's really dumb they didn't add wildcard slots for NA and SA after what happened at the last major.

That's too soon ago for a split twitch reaction, gotta show some consistency over a year.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
My least favorite thing about the current DPC system is the massive legacy bias for CIS and the bizarre overrating of EU. Every time we see EU have 4+ teams at an event, those extra invites poo poo the bed. The 4th best team in EU is the most overrated team in the world, year over year. This is also true for China but slightly less so. CIS though idk now that's a region that has looked like poo poo for like two years now. Not sure why they get 3 slots but NA/SA don't.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I’m extremely unimpressed with CIS. Once the old VP died and scattered to the winds that region has just not really looked that scary on lan

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
EU is what's keeping western DOTA viewership alive, so I can see an business argument for that

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I didn’t watch any Chinese Dota when there weren’t any international lan tournaments going on.

It’s incredible how much better (to watch) Chinese Dota is than other regions.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I didn’t watch any Chinese Dota when there weren’t any international lan tournaments going on.

It’s incredible how much better (to watch) Chinese Dota is than other regions.

EU dota has been incredibly entertaining imo

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Andrast posted:

EU dota has been incredibly entertaining imo

It has been, but it’s neat to see a slightly different hero pool.

Speaking of, did the Brood resurgence come from SA or China?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The upcoming NA week should be fun. We start with the toilet bowl between The Cut and Sadboys. Then EG gets to play QC and Undying in a 4 day stretch. This should effectively determine who is going to the major.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It has been, but it’s neat to see a slightly different hero pool.

Speaking of, did the Brood resurgence come from SA or China?

It came from Faith_Bian. SA hasn't been playing much Brood. Broods in SA are usually mid iirc and mid Brood is weaker than it once was. What I'm really wondering is if Wisper is going to bust out the Tinker at some point.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Zurreco posted:

The upcoming NA week should be fun. We start with the toilet bowl between The Cut and Sadboys. Then EG gets to play QC and Undying in a 4 day stretch. This should effectively determine who is going to the major.

If EG ends up being the odd man out I'd bet significant sums of money that NA suddenly gets 3 invites to the majors next season.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Frustrated posted:

If EG ends up being the odd man out I'd bet significant sums of money that NA suddenly gets 3 invites to the majors next season.

na eg will just stomp qualifers. werent they an open quals team for ti5?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I dont believe theres any open qualifiers to TI this year but that doesn't really have anything to do with major qualifier slots...

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

im stupid

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
There are OQs for TI this year. That being said, EG seems to probably be qualified with their 2nd place finish at the last major.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

There are OQs for TI this year. That being said, EG seems to probably be qualified with their 2nd place finish at the last major.

there are regional qualifiers but no open qualifiers

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Zurreco posted:

liquid pedia says there will not be open quals this year. 12 teams will qualify from dpc points and then the rest will be from regional qualifiers, presumably one from each region

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It’s not filled in on Liquipedia, but EG can’t drop lower than 3rd in NA and so is getting at least 200 more points, putting them at 1150, well over the current threshold of 1056 for a guaranteed TI invite (and that threshold will almost certainly be falling to somewhere around 800 anyway).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JJLiebig/status/1392094213496578049?s=19

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Spartan: my shovels on cooldown I have no health and I'm being chased, time to dig!

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
So now Secret is in serious risk of being relegated. Good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

So now Secret is in serious risk of being relegated. Good.

if relegation is even happening (it probably isn't)

This game 1 is pretty tense, feels like they keep dancing around the big teamfight and when it finally happens the game is just going to end

But Medusa keeps getting fatter so Alliance is running out of time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

These fights are insane

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea both teams are playing super tight. Alliance was looking a bit off the first half, but they started to pull it together.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Love the Dagon Void Spirit build

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat what a great combo by tundra there

Medusa is 10k ahead of Slark now

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The spell amp talent and timeless relic makes that Dagon pretty funny, yea :haw:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Goddamn what a performance by Tundra in this first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love skiter just standing there in the middle of the teamfight being untouchable

A+ draft and execution by Tundra there, Alliance just never had an opening to do anything