Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
casters are saving strats for ti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Give sunsfan and Jenkins the grand finals imo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Dota Capitalist is actually posting on Reddit during the matches responding to people criticizing how bad the casting is.

Cap is the absolute worst at this. He has zero humility and zero capability of taking criticism, and just turns into an ultra-defensive, arrogant oval office at the first opportunity.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

just so I understand this post is meant to flame me? I'm meaning that OG is unchanged, they are incredibly inconsistent and sometimes it's hard to know if they understand how dota works.

or are you taunting the casters because lol they are bad

Dota Capitalist is actually posting on Reddit during the matches responding to people criticizing how bad the casting is.

caster tier list is as follow (this is cannon)

s tier: odpixel, slacks, trent
a tier: sunsfan, ephie
b tier: everyone else except
c tier: jenkins
piss tier: tobi, grandgrant, nahaz

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

hmm, this is mostly okay but I'd probably toss Aui to B, I may just be an Aui fan tho...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tundra got manhandled

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Cerepol posted:

hmm, this is mostly okay but I'd probably toss Aui to B, I may just be an Aui fan tho...

aui needs to prove himself on the field of battle (casters desk) more substantially before he can rise from the trench of c tier

e. excuse me, from the trench of b tier

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 17, 2021

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tomorrows matches

1: Alliance vs VP, I'm thinking Alliance might take this
2: T1 vs QC, T1 should take this
3A: Gambit vs Vikin.gg, I'm thinking Viking but I haven't seen that much Gambit these days
3B: OG vs Nigma, I wonder which of these 2 is gonna bother to show up playing dota

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Cerepol posted:

3B: OG vs Nigma, I wonder which of these 2 is gonna bother to show up playing dota

i feel like this one's gonna be a preview of ti quals. both teams know that they will likely have to face at least once, maybe twice in the quals, and there's a high chance one or both of them will be in the eu quals finals.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

sugar free jazz posted:

Lyrical and Tsunami are A tier and don't you forget it. Also BSJ belongs down there with Jenkins because, despite having a lot of know how, he can't go 5 minutes without telling a story about his recent high tier pubs or mentioning the term "dead lane."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TheRat posted:

Cap is the absolute worst at this. He has zero humility and zero capability of taking criticism, and just turns into an ultra-defensive, arrogant oval office at the first opportunity.

Yes, he is a Dota player.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

sugar free jazz posted:

2020 was crazy

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

Why are you excluding the analysis casters like fogged and synd

Also slacks is absolutely piss tier

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
this is lacoste erasure

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Taffer posted:

:getout:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Taffer posted:

Just leave the thread forever if you're gonna pop in once a year with this nonsense.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Synd+Suns is the dream team

I usually enjoy Jenkins YouTube stuff but hes a bit cringe in groups

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

synd tries to weakly burn cocasters constantly and lacks any charisma so it always sucks but he’s good at dota and sometimes tells good stories, c tier

fogged is boring but consistent, appropriate for c tier

slacks is a crazy person with charisma who distracts casters from other matches because of how loud and excited he is, obviously s tier

e Lacoste is actually synderen in very light makeup with a slight nondescript fake European accent

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 18, 2021

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ILL Machina posted:

2020 was crazy

What happened to all the cancelled casters. Have they disappeared from Dota and doing other things or are they still around? Referring to the likes of Grant, Tobi, Red-eye, LD, Zyori and even to an extent of TrentPax and Godz who I don't think actually did anything but have seemingly dropped off the face of the earth since it all went down.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

sugar free jazz posted:

synd tries to weakly burn cocasters constantly

I only notice this with sunsfan lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sugar free jazz posted:

e Lacoste is actually synderen in very light makeup with a slight nondescript fake European accent

gently caress I'm actually never going to be able to unhear this now

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Just leave the thread forever if you're gonna pop in once a year with this nonsense.

Nah he actually sucks, he is not funny and he is a very toxic and unpleasant person to interact with, I have no idea why people in this thread like him

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

What happened to all the cancelled casters. Have they disappeared from Dota and doing other things or are they still around? Referring to the likes of Grant, Tobi, Red-eye, LD, Zyori and even to an extent of TrentPax and Godz who I don't think actually did anything but have seemingly dropped off the face of the earth since it all went down.

Grant, redeye, tobi retired from eSports
Zyori and Trent still doing bts stuff
0 idea about the others

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Cerepol posted:

0 idea about the others

Wait Trent is cancelled? wtf

Taffer posted:

Nah he actually sucks, he is not funny and he is a very toxic and unpleasant person to interact with, I have no idea why people in this thread like him

e.
what the hell are you talking about

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 18, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

probably because he's the literal exact opposite of your post

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

Wait Trent is cancelled? wtf

Not that i know of, i thought about making a distinction but i just responded to the list with their current situation re dota

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Slacks is like the human manifestation of an improv comedy classroom, he's annoying and not funny and is constantly trying to one-up everyone and is incapable of having a genuine-sounding conversation with anyone on camera because he's always trying to do some kind of big performer's voice saying poo poo like "Wowie Bazowie! Gyrocopetor, what a hero, huh!" He is the youtube scarecam let's player equivalent of a Dota caster and I mute the stream every time he's on screen.

The best panels during the major were Ephie/Aui because it was two normal people actually talking about the video game without one person trying to get in some epic owns and then staring at the camera for approval

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lol seriously have none of you ever ended up in a game with slacks?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Slacks is like the human manifestation of an improv comedy classroom, he's annoying and not funny and is constantly trying to one-up everyone and is incapable of having a genuine-sounding conversation with anyone on camera because he's always trying to do some kind of big performer's voice saying poo poo like "Wowie Bazowie! Gyrocopetor, what a hero, huh!" He is the youtube scarecam let's player equivalent of a Dota caster and I mute the stream every time he's on screen.

seriously. I've actually been totally fine with him in the very rare moments that he chills out and acts like a normal human for a moment (like his video talking about the dota sex scandal stuff), but his standard setting of "wow I'm a really GOOFBALL hehe" is so unfunny and exhausting

Taffer fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 18, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

lol seriously have none of you ever ended up in a game with slacks?

we're not talking about slacks the player we're talking about slacks the caster

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

we're not talking about slacks the player we're talking about slacks the caster

I mostly am too, he is a very cringy and unfunny person and his unceasing attempts to be funny are exhausting. But knowing that someone behaves really lovely off-camera (especially when I've experienced it first hand) really colors how I see them on camera.

It is weird to me that that doesn't seem to bother the rest of you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

I mostly am too, he is a very cringy and unfunny person and his unceasing attempts to be funny are exhausting. But knowing that someone behaves really lovely off-camera (especially when I've experienced it first hand) really colors how I see them on camera.

I'm a sports/wrestling fan I'm used to people I like as entertainers being garbage outside the entertainment thing so it's easy to partition it out

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taffer posted:

"We're not letting what someone does off-camera color our opinions of the quality of their casting" is also a very interesting thing to say immediately after all the sex pests and abusers who got removed from the scene were JUST mentioned

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm a sports/wrestling fan I'm used to people I like as entertainers being garbage outside the entertainment thing so it's easy to partition it out

Fair enough I guess. I'm not gonna do the lame thing of digging through your post history to find contradictions, but it definitely is counter to the general thread view of calling out lovely stuff by players and casters (OG being lovely, tobi being a pest, icex3 being racist, etc).

Then again I'll admit I carried water for OG longer than I should have even after hearing of them doing lovely things so I can't really point fingers here lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

Fair enough I guess. I'm not gonna do the lame thing of digging through your post history to find contradictions, but it definitely is counter to the general thread view of calling out lovely stuff by players and casters (OG being lovely, tobi being a pest, icex3 being racist, etc).

Then again I'll admit I carried water for OG longer than I should have even after hearing of them doing lovely things so I can't really point fingers here lol

oh if someone is a sex pest or something then nah they can get the gently caress out. I just don't get bothered by generic toxicity that much

I've definitely fallen off a bit on rooting for OG beyond "they are still a fun team to watch because their games are usually chaotic" though because of how far down the hole ceb is

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Cerepol posted:

0 idea about the others

Zyorin quit Dota BTS to shill for some kind of weird NFT pokemon clone.

The other three didn't really retire so much as we're run out on a rail amid serious allegations of misconduct.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I’ve played with slacks a few times and he was weird but not toxic.

He can reach down into the souls of weird dota fans and wrench out responses at TI and manages to make pros seem slightly human he rules

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It’s fine to enjoy self-consciously over-the-top performers, even if it’s literally their entire on-camera personality and they’ve obviously gotten into a deep rut with their schtick where they’re desperate to move on but feel like professionally it’s the only reason they keep getting work.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Did we ever get a definitive picture of the Redeye stuff? IIRC the initial allegations were relatively minor, like "was an rude and entitled rear end in a top hat off-camera" and "anger issues". Then suddenly there was slew of serious poo poo like "physically attacked behind-the-scenes staff" and "is a domestic abuser and went to court over it (but was also acquitted)"

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IncendiaC posted:

Did we ever get a definitive picture of the Redeye stuff? IIRC the initial allegations were relatively minor, like "was an rude and entitled rear end in a top hat off-camera" and "anger issues". Then suddenly there was slew of serious poo poo like "physically attacked behind-the-scenes staff" and "is a domestic abuser and went to court over it (but was also acquitted)"

A few of his past coworkers confirmed he was an rear end in a top hat, but that was already known. However, it came out via public record that his wife took him to court for child abuse/assault and that she and his kid(s) testified against him. He was apparently found not guilty, but as soon as that hit the light of day he almost immediately retired. I don't think you're ever going to get more info than that now that he has disappeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Ah, fair enough. He disappeared immediately once the court thing was brought up, so I was curious if any more details were revealed since it seemed inconclusive.

Moving on, has there been any news on if the next patch is coming after ESL/before regional qualifiers or after the qualifiers? There was supposed to be a TI event/content in "mid-June" which would line up with a 7.30 release.