Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also I thought about it and the absolute funniest outcome to EE is for his team to get 2-0'd by arkosh so that's what i'm rooting for

e: wait that means bny would have to lose to arkosh if they lose this i'm torn now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BnY showing up for game 2 so far

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Arkosh what the gently caress I thought this was a joke team

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Undying too good

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grapplejack posted:

Also I thought about it and the absolute funniest outcome to EE is for his team to get 2-0'd by arkosh so that's what i'm rooting for

e: wait that means bny would have to lose to arkosh if they lose this i'm torn now

At this point it feels like a lot of teams still in the bracket have beef with EE and would love to be the ones to bump him. Arkosh probably has the least reason to do so aside from the memes.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Undying looks like the top team by far.

I had bigger hopes for D2H than how they ended up. I didn't think they'd lose to Arkosh.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Oh my god this OB.Neon vs Execration game is nuts

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

McSharpie posted:

Oh my god this OB.Neon vs Execration game is nuts

It’s so so good. The Earth Spirit escapes covering literally the entire map.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

60 minute dota is so fuckin wild these days lol

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

How long has viper support been a thing?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Taffer posted:

How long has viper support been a thing?

EG was consistently running it 2 majors ago, but it's been around ever since the changes to Nethertoxin.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Great game between Execration and Neon.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao godz reaction to the last pick arc warden, you could see his face just fall

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This is going to be the biggest TI ever this year

And by biggest, I mean relative to time, because every single game is going to go to 70+ minutes

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is going to be the biggest TI ever this year

And by biggest, I mean relative to time, because every single game is going to go to 70+ minutes

Every hour+ game I’ve watched during qualifying has been genuinely great and pretty even, so I’m pretty pumped.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Also its just the SEA qualifiers that are having this spate of 60m+ iirc?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

lurksion posted:

Also its just the SEA qualifiers that are having this spate of 60m+ iirc?

I think it's the opposite where NA games are just going quick. Flipping through the early EU/SA qual games every 2-game series lasted at least 1:45 between both games and every three-game series goes a full three hours

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Arc warden seems really good, I'm not sure why he isn't played more. Is it just that he's a pain to play?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Arc warden seems really good, I'm not sure why he isn't played more. Is it just that he's a pain to play?

I assume it's because he's one of the worst heroes in the game without farm. Like probably the most item-reliant hero in the entire game.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Grapplejack posted:

The clone has a 300g bounty. Check this game, TNC was down 20k, but they keep catching up because of the 300g midas every 30 sec that Fnatic is giving them.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think it's the opposite where NA games are just going quick. Flipping through the early EU/SA qual games every 2-game series lasted at least 1:45 between both games and every three-game series goes a full three hours
It's just SEA

Average match length SEA = 45:38 with 7/44 > 60m with 21/44 > 45m
CIS = 39:31 with 1/55 > 60m and 11/55 > 45m
SA = 35:30 with 0/45 > 60m and 6/45 > 45m
US = 38:40 with 1/27 > 60m and 6/27 > 45m

You are right that there's much more 2 game series stomps in the US - 7/11 vs 9/18 for SEA

lurksion fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 2, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm getting PTSD flashbacks now

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The clone has a 300g bounty. Check this game, TNC was down 20k, but they keep catching up because of the 300g midas every 30 sec that Fnatic is giving them.

I assume it's less of a problem if you're not being suicidal with the clone and instead have him in fights with you but that's asking a lot for a position 1

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Legion also seems like a very interesting matchup for the Arc Warden gameplan, because every other hero is eventually going to run out of slots and will have a rapier dillema but Legion can hold onto her utility items because of duel scaling

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Legion also seems like a very interesting matchup for the Arc Warden gameplan, because every other hero is eventually going to run out of slots and will have a rapier dillema but Legion can hold onto her utility items because of duel scaling

I wish they'd click on LC, I'm curious how much duel damage she has.

Grapplejack posted:

I'm getting PTSD flashbacks now

I assume it's less of a problem if you're not being suicidal with the clone and instead have him in fights with you but that's asking a lot for a position 1

The Snap Aghs and Clone is funny since she keeps tossing the clone in.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I wish they'd click on LC, I'm curious how much duel damage she has.

210 right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was a fun game to wake up to

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palos' toggles are so wild

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man I pray for a day when casters will stop trying to mythologize Envy like he knows something nobody else in dota does and casting two 0-man chronos in a game into losing is some sort of result of this unknowable knowledge

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man I pray for a day when casters will stop trying to mythologize Envy like he knows something nobody else in dota does and casting two 0-man chronos in a game into losing is some sort of result of this unknowable knowledge

I agree with the casters I don't know how envy keeps finding new and inventive ways to gently caress up

Envy's secret weapon, the fail codex

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

I agree with the casters I don't know how envy keeps finding new and inventive ways to gently caress up

Envy's secret weapon, the fail codex

His build wasn't even crazy. MoM into Maelstrom with no defensive items in between is just the bog standard 3k build. His build is exactly the same build my Voids all go

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also lmao toobased trolling ee by banning only his heroes

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Grapplejack posted:

Also lmao toobased trolling ee by banning only his heroes

a team that knows what's up

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Smdh they would deny us the chance of seeing BnY trounce him again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Smdh they would deny us the chance of seeing BnY trounce him again

no that's going to be arkosh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

is envy doing it

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

is envy doing it

this fuckin guy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I wish you would stop making stuff about teams all the time but that’s not how life works

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i will tolerate zero compliments for ee, not in my presence, not on my watch, disgusting, loathsome, ugh!

jenkins lookin like a teenage serial killer who tortures cats

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I wish you would stop making stuff about teams all the time but that’s not how life works

sorry goobusters I promise you I will never exaggerate again. I apologize that you have been so mentally anguished by my posts that you have been stewing on it for the last two days just waiting to get this off of your chest, not going outside and touching grass in that time because I needed to be brought to justice for my baseless claims that EE does not go to tournaments. I rightly apologize and I thank you for holding me accountable

from now on I will not pose any claims as factual, and will instead stick to more generic insults like "ee sux"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

sorry goobusters I promise you I will never exaggerate again. I apologize that you have been so mentally anguished by my posts that you have been stewing on it for the last two days just waiting to get this off of your chest, not going outside and touching grass in that time because I needed to be brought to justice for my baseless claims that EE does not go to tournaments. I rightly apologize and I thank you for holding me accountable

from now on I will not pose any claims as factual, and will instead stick to more generic insults like "ee sux"

are you ok