Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

?? when does this game come out on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Absolutely love this spectre named 'UNTILTABLE' that is hiding in the trees and spamming > Good Game

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

this mineski & jinebrous series is soooooo good.

Jinebrous totally choked on game 4 though. They rolled the laning stage so hard then just froze up

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Also Navi has a techies pick on BTS2, I saw it feed First Blood but haven't really watched the game

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

They may have thought Lina had no buyback, or even with it, they were pretty close to pulling it off. Death prophet was outrunning a last lina hit that killed her just as exorcism was returning.

It was extremely risky, especially for a 'clinch TI' game. But tbh I think they floundered after they came out of laning stage so well, then just... Gunnar kept getting in spots where they wouldn't or couldn't make use of Exorcism, Enchantress died, TP'd back to the same spot, and died again, etc.

They recovered for a bit and had the game, but then yeah, choked again on that last push. Wonder if they'll be able to hold it together in Game 5.

also, does anyone know who is drafting for them? Maybe it's obvious, but they have some interesting draft turns

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

ugh, imagine 23savage at TI

i mean don't, because people would just ban morphling, but imagine... could've been a cool fun new player, hope he gets on a cool team next season imo

e: Don't get me wrong, real happy Mineski is going too because NB and Kpii and moon and potato/jay/bimbo and niko all are cool and deserve it imo...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I really really am excited to watch the china matches. They were good, but the whole thing is kinda dragged down by having a couch of Kyle/Purge/Basskip (and I actually love Basskip).

Tonight, they have helped it out by adding Nahaz to those three. :) :) :)

whyyyy

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Im already sick of every single one of Kyle's sentences being some sort of derail about making GBS threads on Nahaz over some random topic. Basskip and Purge clearly wanted to talk about the games/drafts last night and I know Nahaz will too but Kyle is just so obnoxious

Kyle has been terrible, and Purge has been jabbing at Kyle back constantly, and it just makes me like Purge less

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Alchenar posted:

I think that Kyle gets poo poo unnecessarily because part of his role on panels is to fill down time with noise and obviously a lot of that noise is going to be nonsense but it's still better than awkward silence while waiting for the next game.

You can look at literally every other hub to see them filling time in better ways. Kyle just has... like, the sense of humor, the interests, the political acumen, of a 14 year old kid who found google. Or an NPR listener. And wants to demonstrate that, Actually, He Knows Things Now. And he does it even when the games are playing. And then, yeah, he tries to like, jab at other couch people and ~roast~ them in ways that don't land, or that would maybe work better if he knew the target better, or if everyone knew how to roll on after. He doesn't know when to let a conversation drop, or will pull a discussion back to a previous topic once he comes up with a killer joke for it. It just... really really uneven, but it's like he's aggressively mashing all his 'Socialize' buttons at once and holding them down.

gosh, I dunno, this is way too much analysis, but its mega bad and it is not some 'ah, it's just because he is burdened with filling time.' It happens during casts, between games, whenever.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/newbeecn/status/1154201903015686144

yee

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

mostly what i hate as visage is when anyone buys a crimson guard and you like instantly become not a hero during that buff duration, or if they have one of the heroes that just destroys your birds or something

i love him a lot but i do absolutely believe he is extremely situational and has to go off by having a few heroes he can just destroy

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Visage was a real terror before they nerfed his level 6/rank 1 bird damage, because you could struggle in lane somewhat then hit 6 and just murder like 80% of all heroes in the game. You have to hit a threshold where your damage is just Too Much and people can't stand and fight you. If you just do A Lot Of Damage but they can ever still turn and fight you, you're just real fragile.

the nerfs mean you don't hit that threshold until like rank 2 bird damage or if you're behind, or they have lots of armor, don't hit it at all. god forbid they have easy ways to chew through gravekeeper or just kill bird like bristle or dusa or drow or w/e

that's my experience anyway. the timing is too narrow and your pre-6 laning is just too bad to let you be a 3, and you're just Too Baby to be a 1 imo

idk, I played a lot of visage before like picking him every game I got mid, but him having a high win rate but extremely low pick rate makes sense because every once and awhile they have like... rubick CM supports and like ember mid, and you're able to shred people again

thats my visage thoughts, i love too pick the bound form of necro'lic

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

IncendiaC posted:

i know there's gonna be a lot of china conspiracy theories this TI but EG this series look like they've been kidnapped and stealthily replaced by 2k mmr pub players

why would there be any conspiracy theories, they looked exactly like EG

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

drafting that stale rear end arteezy lifestealer back to back to back to back

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

my SEA kings...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

ah fu and flyby played so great

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

listen to the yelling coming out of that chinese cast... that's raw, gosh

want that cast

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

aww... pieliecry

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i missed the capitalist clip?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

tbh i always felt there should be a DPC break after TI

I understand Valve doesn’t want dota to stop, but just have like, a Summit and an ESL in the time following, some nonDPC events.

It gives players the chance to rest, and gives teams time to try out folks or experiment with new lineups after shuffling

im sure its harder to coordinate than that but it seems a simple idea

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

lil nick is gonna win ti10

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

the Creep Takeover was the best thing, dendi protecting his buddy... emotional...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

No way he goes back to EG, no way QC can stay together without a sponsor, no way Sumail can build a more competent team now that most of NA has been signed.

tbh, outside of EG and QC, I don't think there are 4 players in NA good enough to build a team that Sumail would be remotely satisfied playing with

But I also think that other teams might re-examine their lineups if Sumail was interested/able to play with them. It would be funny if he ended up like replacing w33ha or something lol. (i do not think this is a real possibility)

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Sure, but Jack also explicitly mentioned legal issues. Both can be accurate but Sumail's buyout is the bigger issue.

where was the mention of legal issues, I missed that

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

its a long shot but does anyone here have a giftable Cowboy PA Set.... I want it... I can pay~

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

whatever happened to <any crypto currency thing> from 2-4 years ago

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

it really was one of the most EE 0:00 plays ever

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

this series has been so good but i almost dont want to watch Game 3 because I hate Vici’s draft so much

e: feeling really vindicated

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 20, 2019

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

every time i hate a draft it wins, but lmao the lotus orbed omnislashes...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

if i were in the 2019 Dota 2 Chengdu Major Grand Finals, i would simply ban the earthshaker
rip to vici but im different
e: lmao

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 24, 2019

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

ElNarez posted:

imo it's very rude to go high ground with a 25k gold lead and VG were entirely in the right

I mean they went highground when they could but there wasn’t a lot of fantastic openings. they did a really good job of fighting the morphshaker but it is absolutely absurd, and its far from as simple as ‘ah we have a 25k lead, if we just push, they’ll crumple’

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The courier item thing is hilarious and also sort of a clever outlet for those games that stalemate post 60 minutes

i really don’t think the game needs help with dislodging post 60 minute stalemates, but maybe that’s just me

Not too many games stall out at that point and those that do are Good To Watch

I can see there being an argument that like, at the last major, there were too many games where a team was ahead the whole game then took like a bad fight, bought back to secure rosh, and lost one or two cores at Rosh, and lost the whole game outright, and maybe all this extra stuff from map control would help a team that’s been ahead choke out a ‘beaten’ team instead of having a goofy coin flip rosh fight

But I dunno, I don’t think the late game needed to be made shorter, doesn’t seem like we’ve had any ridiculously long matches, and the few we did were usually really good

i have not had a chance to play the patch yet, but i, too, am skeptical of how you can balance the random item drops without making them much weake

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Also i am just not keen on like... courier plays being a part of ~Late Game Dota~

We had animalities and air force stuff in Dota 1 and i feel like it was fine for goofy stuff on battle.net but kinda hate the idea for current dota 2

That said, I guess the cost and extreme late game part of means you probably shouldn’t see like couriers sporting dagons or drive-by shivas plays or something very often

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

is that a contradiction??

they got ratcheted down but they can still skew a game ridiculously

Like having a core with a titan sliver for example, versus your core... well not having one

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

VP about to play Hellraisers on BTS2, some SEA games on BTS1.

Where was the LGD vs. FTD game?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RRQ is doing the support naix, which looks absolutely absurd in pubs that I saw...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

VP has an Alch with a shovel digging up Bounty Runes, and a Leshrac with Vampire Fangs for spell vamp

Hellraisers got a Mango Tree and an Ocean Heart.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 28, 2019

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Bulldog fans really are just the drooling degenerate pieces of poo poo of the Dota community, tbh

big ‘AM Sportstalk Radio Goomba in a parasocial relationship with three time divorced middle aged drive-time DJ’ energy iykwim

Support Trent for bothering to say something about it imo

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh boy, what happened?

Is there any good dota streamer?

ben wu was the good streamer but we didn't give him enough money to buy a house and a dog and a 401k so now we have to suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Bulldog fans also have the same weird brain worms that Singsing fans had where their streamer is extremely high skilled, and a very influential part of the Dota scene, etc. etc.

I guess it’s that weird parasocial brain rot that comes from watching youtubers or streamers?

But you can see it right now in the tweet threads where people are like ‘nobody has even heard of Trent’ and ‘Bulldog is the biggest streamer, and actually, a very huge streamer outside of Dota 2, and he does so much for dota’ etc.

it always creeps me out tbh, its just that weird sensation of talking to people when they’re not interacting with reality

E: like singsing fans used to talk about how singsing was possibly the best player in the world, and it was simply that he couldn’t find a professional team that was as disciplined as he was. Bulldog fans at least don’t seem to be hyping him up to that

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 5, 2019