Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I barely know poo poo about DOTA other than I enjoy watching duders fight things and i enjoy watching OG cause they spam chatwheel and those things just made the best dota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ElNarez posted:

they just reran the end of OG/NiP game 1 on the main TI stream and holy poo poo it's just as joyous now as it was then

Game 2 is also worth a watch. OG takes 4-5 deaths within literally 10 seconds of the start, gets like 1? maybe 2? bounty runes from the first set and then maybe picks up 1 or 2 for the rest of the entire loving game, is down more towers and roughly as much gold as in the first game, and then wisp hits 15 and NIP gets obliterated. The wisp/windrunner moment was bonkers and silly, but the second game was just flat-out instant win switch.

It happened in the first, too, but I think the 2nd game was even more black and white

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
hahahahahaha that was glorious

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
yowza this is next level bm

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Taffer posted:

They put all 5 of those in the enemy fountain at the end of game one

Just BM on a level never seen before, it's amazing

Game 2 best moment was treant (Jerax?) hiding in top lane trees while Newbee set up a gank and he sprayed a loser tag into the lane right in front of them as they were looking for him. Think he even dodged out of the immediate response

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This man just won a video game an won millions of dollars and he's so happy he's crying from the stress relief.....no that doesn't make sense that's not how emotions work. Clearly drugs.

it's not just that, it's having to hold yourself at peak mental intensity for 3+ hours and having to be completely 100% on-point with everything you do. There's a crazy mental/physical drop once you let yourself go; you're super fragile and basically just floating in outer space emotionally and mentally. If you've ever experienced it I think it's pretty obvious when you see someone else going through it.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
lol liquid image rehab interview

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that fight

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
lol ana topping the body-blocking bm

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
that was the most wholesome poo poo from n0tail

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
The post-game “interview” that OG just ignored for 10 minutes was hilarious. Like, all of the post-game was hilarious, basically OG celebrating for 15 minutes while everyone left.

Is there some separate awards/closing ceremony that I missed? That wasn’t the whole thing, was it? Like, the quarterly KSL Starcraft II tournaments have better ceremonies than that. Not trying to be a salty fanboy, it was just so... weird

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
this is so painful

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i really want liquid to throw this just for peak hilarity

they keep trying, i have faith

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cerepol posted:

geez I understand how tough it is to take that high ground but goddamn liquid are looking real bad at ending games

lamo it took them 80 minutes, like what, a 50k lead, and god items

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
tasteless and artosis are the best casters out there but man the DOTA2 crew is a very close 2nd

also dreamleague break music is the best

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
yesssssssssss

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
this is bavarian as gently caress

edit: for clarity referring to the two man accordion + horn honking act

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 26, 2020

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

more falafel please posted:

what the gently caress did i just watch

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i feel like "OG lol" basically explains DOTA

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Lol @ the T4 dive

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Man, OG just seems wholesome as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
It’s important to be able to point to a policy and say, “this is why you’re banned from our events.” I think it’s equally as important to have visible policies in place as a clear signal that certain behaviors will not be tolerated, because relying on “common sense” to police public behavior does poo poo all.