Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Letting Sven free farm for 20 minutes is a great way to get into TI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I've been actually playing Dota 2 lately. What the gently caress am I doing?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

He should stop crying to ESL and start supporting his own team.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah! He should probably start by reaching out to tournament organizers to try and secure invites to get his team to big tournaments.

Apologies, I sacrificed clarity to match his wording. PPD is bad at playing support and his team is bad because of it.

That's the joke.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I really appreciate that game ending because someone was too aggressive after 90 minutes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mason throwing is always great.

As is ES-Morphling.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Bot TI better than 75% of qualifiers.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stout shield no longer stacking is a bummer. More dumb defensive strats!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

emdash posted:

It's 2 per year minimum if they keep doing the BP reward arcana (io, earthshaker), which they almost certainly will. So yeah, 103 heroes "need" arcanas, it would take 50 years to do them all at the current pace

they haven't released an arcana with a hero since Monkey in December 2016 (Pango, Willow, Grim, Mars do not have Arcanas) and they haven't released an arcana out of the blue (not for vote, hero release, or battlepass) since Feb 2015 with the CM arcana

Midas Mode 2 will require more work on Dota 2 than Valve has put in in the past 3 years.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

His looks make you want to kill him, so it's effective.

Playing last night I was also reminded that Lina's attack animation is the most inexcusable piece of poo poo in this game. The entire point of the hero is to increase attack speed maybe have that look decent?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm cheering for team no logo.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

Mason is a fatter more racist American bulldog wannabe who only ever got 3rd at TI he never even won

More racist than Bulldog? I've seen the screenshot and I still think it's a toss up.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

emdash posted:

And a reminder that high level Chinese pubs are Random Draft, not All Pick

Wait, Chinese dota is the best dota?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I wonder how it would effect stat tracking and account boosting. Those alone aren't good enough reason to not do it, but I'm wondering if it would cause a bunch of smaller issues.

Would a "4 must vote to forfeit" be good enough, or would you have to go all the way down to three to address the issue?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Veno wards rule but they still stand no chance against warlock.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

Yeah bot TI finals owned

If by owned you mean were completely rigged and ruined the sanctity of the institution. I may never watch 5 days of 5v5 bot matches ever again if that's how BTS is going to treat it's viewers. I'm moving to SSBM TAS videos!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

thatís quite the accusation in what way was it rigged??

(To be clear this is all in jest :tinfoil:. Bot TI 2 ruled.)

The inexplicable pango ball well before they even got to the center of the map. It wasn't just before they saw the enemy.

Also, getting rid of blade mail. You might as well as pick a random items to ban because they're better for some heroes than others!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'd be interested to see what would happen if they added some different terrain in the center. If they added trees would it ruin the feel of it, or totally break the AI? Surely it would totally break the dominance of AOE nukes. It might just make Zeus unstoppable.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

Imagine having to play with Invoker

If Invoker got a strength hero to tank it might work out, (not be the worst thing ever.) they eventually start throwing spells around...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The real hope is that by next year they figure out a way to implement OpenAI.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

"Added a toggle near the stash to instruct the courier to pick your items the next time it is doing a run (without changing its orders)"

HOLY poo poo.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Custom creeps are completely destroying my ability to block and last hit for some bizarre reason. Also feel like they make the game lag. Also, I'm bad at DotA.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm hoping I get real sick and am just on the toilet making GBS threads all night while I watch dota and then sleeping during the day.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Notail will be the first repeat dota champion

You misspelled Arteezy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

You misspelled RAMZES666 VP FIRST BACK TO BACK TI CHAMPS 2020 BABY WOOOOOO BRING IT HOME

Tims?!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Perfect World having problems in Shanghai?! Hopefully they aren't Major.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

marxismftw posted:

This would have never happened in America. :911:

True. They realized that they can make more money in China so it'll never happen in America again.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Broodmother becoming a raid boss at level 20 is always great.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Liquid bad. Especially Mind Control.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Why does the TNC Keen game not have official names?

Yeah... I've got lots of :tinfoil: thoughts on that one...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

I don't know who Radiant is, but they are a prime contender for 18th place.

Also, what is this game now? Why does Earthshaker look like Spirit Breaker and jump all over the place? Who thought these were good changes

Earthshaker aghs rules.

Not as much as morphling aghs with Earthshaker does though.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

How do you let ES/Morphling happen?

(It's great but what are you doing?!)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

NIP can't finish fnatic. Seems like ppd is scared of everyone. Including China.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I love TI powerhouse Mineski.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Man. Godz is kinda terrible. Tobi may be annoying but Godz is literally saying PSG LGD is winning fights when Newbee clearly has a fight won.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What is Ogre's winrate at this point? It seems way too good to pass up with multicast midas and hex.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

EG is saving strats.

I mean, winning is a strat I guess.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ahahaha Alliance.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

whoops forgot to set my fantasy lineup today

rip that I guess

I missed on the first day. And by missed I of course mean I tried to set my lineup more than an hour before the games actually started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Now I'm just sad that this game is going to end before Io hits 25.