Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheFlyingLlama posted:

On the "newer heroes are stronger thing" I mean, there is definitely a "skill creep" in the sense of heroes having mechanically more dense skills than they used to

It's kind of a thing in fighting games too where people cry that developers make dlc chars broken on purpose to sell more dlc (but ofc they conveniently dont bring up all the times the new chars WERENT broken). It's not that the devs were trying to make someone busted, the game is just more solved after a few years so the dlc char comes in with a bunch of tools to fit the meta. It's like on day 1 you got Ryu's dry rear end, then by the 4th round of dlc you got chars with all kinds of exclusive mechanics and any hole in their gameplan is 100% intentional. It would be funny to see people's reactions if like Sven never existed but he got released today. "WTF HE JUST HITS STUFF"

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I know the trend for a late in development moba is to make a hero that does 20 thing with 4-6 spells but I hope one day they make a new hard pos 1 carry thats just for loving IDIOTS to play. Like he's naix/wk levels of "imma just hit you". I dunno if Pango was supposed to be that but it didn't work out like that. Closest thing to that since dota1 is MK and he's only the closest by noone else being remotely close. I just want a pos 1 hero that wasnt made in like... 2005.

Like literally gimme Marci with 3 passives and a farming move and lemme plow down teams hitting 1 key while drunk.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 11, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nam Taf posted:

I reckon a hard support hero built around shortening/refreshing allies' abilities would be really funky, but super hard to balance.

Also, more heroes that break the 4 or 5 skills concept. Invoker' is great, albeit a bit complex. Rubick's spell steal mechanic is really awesome.

Or, hear me out, we get a hero named Face Smasher who farms an item or two then smashes everyone's face in

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 11, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Glad to see people experimenting more with shards these days. Like every patch reviewer was going "this sucks, this hero will never get 1400 gold!" in both big shard patches. Like okay I get it, it fucks with the timing of alot of life saving items your low farming hero needs to not die or a powerspike a hard carry really doesnt wanna miss, but they're waaaaaaay overdramatic about how much 1400 gold is. Then there's the lazy option where you don't get a shard cause it gives a new ability and "I don't want another button to click" or "I'll forget to use it".

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I watch the wrong streamers. These top 100 mmr grinders only do the absolute mildest of experiments.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 12, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Zurreco posted:

Misery changing his name to Rasmus is proof enough that pros shouldn't be able to change their handle after a few years on the pro scene.

I'm not super dyslexic but I read that name as Samus like 50 times yesterday

Jerk McJerkface posted:

brame gonna uninstall dota after that match

I wouldn't brame them if they did

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 14, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
After days of hearing about PL's shard the first pro game I see with PL has no shard

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

IcePhoenix posted:

lol dead for 155 seconds

Please god never let Necro or Doom ever get back in the meta. Doesn't matter whether im pos 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5. The first one in the fight, the last one in the fight, the middle one in the fight. I'm getting ulted mercilessly ALL game.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Wrist slap, the patch. It's like when someone tries to be healthy by rubbing some salt off of a potato chip.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Reality Protester posted:

new Beastmaster appears to be the most boring hero in dota

You talking alot of poo poo for someone in axe toss range.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
playing hoodwink is daunting because I sucked with her BEFORE she got nerfed. I never know what item to go.

Once I do all her spells its like "k....................... and?"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nooo I missed seeing the techies game live. Techies is weird that like I don't wanna see it on my team, I don't wanna see it on the enemy team, I don't wanna see it in high mmr streamers' ranked games, but in a pro match? Oh hell yes, let's GO

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People keep swearing to me that faceless void is complete garbage but I've been seeing him whoop copious amounts of rear end for 3 days straight.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There is a huge percentage of EU top-MMR players who just seem to lose every single game I watch of them and I don't have any idea how they maintain their ranking. Gorgb and Xcalibur are two of them

I lowkey think I'm a cursed viewer. Every streamer I watch goes on like a 5+ game losing streak and I see from their w/l bot they were winning before I tuned in. Also the sheer amount of times I've tuned into a speedrun and they do a run-ending mistake like within the first 60 seconds of me looking despite being on godlike pace before.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Walh Hara posted:

Elephant vs RNG is incredible. Completely insane frankly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLPZbQiilBA

:stare:

8 mins in we already got quadruple dark seer walls and the carry from the WINNING team being killed in 3 hits. Every team fight is like watching two comets collide.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
man dpc league is LONG. I thought it was like half over then I look at the schedule like :stare:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
bounty + riki? Who queued unranked?

e. This game has a Heroes of the Storm amount of fighting

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 27, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Tomorrow’s secret vs alliance match will probably determine who gets to go the major

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

30 mins to go, get hyped everyone.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ElNarez posted:

I feel like that's worth highlighting: hellbears are 0-3 BUT they've taken a game off of every team they've faced.

okay at the VERY least they're Heckbears

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The patience on this void is so clutch, he holds his Q and R for SO long and he's like just... watching the fight til its perfect to blow everything. If this was a pub he'd be having his skills alt+clicked and would be getting the poo poo pinged out of him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I dunno what history will remember as the greatest cheese but Brood might have warcraft tower rushing beat since she's actually won people money over the years.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I still dunno wtf to build on hoodwinked

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

IcePhoenix posted:

look at this death blob

:stare:

Noone can say this region is boring

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

mfcrocker posted:

God this NBH/Level Up game is clowny as gently caress, such an obvious gulf between this and the upper division

Yeah when someone loses to an upper division team and its like by 12k gold after 50 mins and everyone is like "OMG THE TEAM SUUUUCKS" its like.... do you know how huge of a gap they had to overcome to even get to where they can push a T1 team this far? There's no tier 1.5 so you got a hell of a jump to make to close the gap. It's like if after you clear world 2 on a normal mario game, a kaizo level is the next world.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
:stare: well this is a game 1 alright

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
My stream froze before the final fights and just now came back up. I hate everything.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerk McJerkface posted:

go watch the game, it's right up there with the OG v Secret come back with Sumail Gyro.

I already know who won :(

When stream came back up it was to the 1-0 message

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It's really dumb they didn't add wildcard slots for NA and SA after what happened at the last major.

That's too soon ago for a split twitch reaction, gotta show some consistency over a year.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Summary of the Alliance situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPtn1StzA4

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The only hero that has been out of the meta longer than LC is Techies

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Good god leagues never loving end, I'm so ready for the playoffs already.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Please no more medusa games for like a week. This hero is boring when it wins and ultra boring when it loses.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
why do I feel like OG isnt gonna lose a team fight the rest of the game

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why would I play this miserable game when I can watch someone else be miserable in it? Even if I lived to be 100 I'd never play all the video games I want to before I die, every minute spent on dota is a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheRat posted:

I heard sunsfan talk about how saksa is extremely tall so I googled him and this fantastic picture came up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkBqVVbnZ1c