Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It’s not like there will be no other tournaments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Haha double-cliffed

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That was not how I expected that game to play out after Riki’s start.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Damage overwhelming

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It took them almost pissing the whole thing away to find enough courage to just go have a team fight again.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So what is going with these interrupted series? Are they just playing until a set time every night and then calling it until the next day? I mean, it seems reasonable, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I guess if you think you have no shot with your current team, you might as well get started making the next, even if you’ve got a tournament coming up.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Regions get at least one team seeded directly into the upper bracket.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Well, that was well-deserved.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lol at all the teams who blew off the first major if it turns out to be 50% of the year’s DPC points

I guess if TI is cancelled it doesn’t matter

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
N0tail mid Oracle

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yikes

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
What an ending

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t know why Spectre carried the rapier in that Alliance game instead of just leaving it in the fountain. Seemed like she was tankier without it, didn’t do all that much more damage, and ran exactly that risk of giving it back.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

You can't drop rapiers

How did I not know that. I always figured you just couldn’t transfer them, like it was soulbound or something.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Medusa taking the split shot modifer talent without any modifers over 1000 mana when she had a rapier is hands down the worst talent decision I've ever seen ever in dota.

I am glad, however, it made secret lose.

I think she would’ve died anyway in that fight given how quickly she was dropping, but yeah, it made zero sense.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That was fun (once)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That was a great Game 5

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I mean NIP vs Liquid Game 2 was a competitive game which ended with a Bristleback parading in front of the opposing fountain holding three heroes back. He even got knocked in and just strolled right out again at like 50%. So the patch clearly hasn’t completely ruled out raid bosses.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Waiting for the patch that makes Pudge viable at the pro level.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
EE’s teams exist to give us fodder for philosophical discussions on the nature of underperforming.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Grant sarcastically going nuts about tiny comebacks is pretty funny.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t know why anyone would stream playing WoW, but I especially don’t know why anyone would stream playing WoW classic, where basically everything takes forever and is visually underwhelming.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Feels like a face-saving attempt to go back without actually going back.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
What hero would make the best 5-on-5 match?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Two months ago, I would’ve agreed that S4 is extremely washed. A few weeks ago, I would’ve disagreed and said he was basically fine, not the top of his game but totally serviceable in his role and a good captain. More recently, I’m not sure I’ve actually seen him play.

The whole scene is chaos, except that Secret is the best.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

Oh wow, NIP went from potentially tiebreaking for upper bracket to not making the lower bracket.

The Euro/CIS region is amazing right now.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Amazing ending

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, that’s really good

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There isn’t going to be a massive purge of talent, and the scene will be fine. Neither of these dudes is A-list, and Zyori isn’t even B-list. At his best, Grant is a good hype man with a lot of annoying quirks you try to overlook, like his endless array of weird hang-ups about a bunch of irrelevant players who can’t even reliably stay on Tier 2 NA squads anymore.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The blademail passive apparently stacks with itself, although it might already have been hot-patched.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Honestly not sure why they looked at blademail in the first place as an item that needs a major buff. Giving it a passive component is interesting but should be offset by more than just losing some int.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There’s a reddit post in that latest link that claims to be from a juror in a trial against him on domestic abuse charges which were dropped by the prosecution during the trial. Apparently both his wife and his daughters testified to direct abuse.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Zyori is back casting on BTS

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I personally am just immediately switching streams whenever Zyori’s on; I have no interest in supporting him personally by watching his casts, but I’m not going to completely stop watching pro Dota, which is basically what boycotting BTS would require given their position.

This is made a hell of a lot easier by the fact that he’s not a tier-one caster. Like, today he was just casting some of the group stages for this weird Great American Rivalry tournament.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t really enjoy watching DotA so much that I’d watch a lot of it without casters I could understand.

I was under the impression that BTS ran English-language production for most tournaments these days.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Aghanim quotes sound like they were written by Slacks.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I tried playing once and just felt bad for ruining other people’s games. The other players were seriously like “this dude sucks so hard it’s like this is his first game ever”, and they were right, and I just never played again.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Also, one of the allegations wasn’t anonymous, and he doesn’t deny that one, he just says it was a misunderstanding.

Also, I see that ppd is once again putting that journalism degree to good use, claiming that the anonymous claim was “written by a third party” when in apparent fact it was written by the actual victim and published by a third party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

The thing people overlook, perhaps intentionally, is just because someone remained anonymous in a public statement doesn't mean they're anonymous to Valve.

And they’re specifically not anonymous to BTS, who both confirmed part of the story (that a staffer walked in on them) and confirmed that the victim told the same story to someone else. It’s not a smoking gun, but it’s more corroboration than these allegations usually get, and it fits with a pattern of behavior by Demon.