Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I am bandwagon rooting for Secret this TI and they have taken an early lead. Therefore, Mineski will win. Sorry Secret fans, I am cursing you just by liking your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Tossin' trees into a time bubble seems like a good strat.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Yapzor IS AMAZING.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

rtz, hector, or nisha then. I would have looked at who was playing before setting paparazi lol, I just assumed it was vici but forgot they swapped sides to avoid rematches.

Actually it probably would have been hector so I could root double hard for infamous

Why not Monet? Then if RNG moved on you would have at least had the double there.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

The theme of this TI is trees, right? Icefrog knew what he was doing. :colbert:

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I think its over. Secret just whiffed that fight entirely and still came out ahead.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

They used to be a defend your base / defend your push thing, but now you see them being used for team fights in the middle. Maybe itís just me, but it feels like teams consequently arenít buying as much in items now for mid-game teamfight buybacks.

You stated something different about the game, but why do you consider that a bad thing? Mid-fight buybacks make fights more exciting and add more of a consequence for the next death, making the game more exciting and opening new opportunities.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/NahazDota/status/1164822349499080704

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

My guess is that we'll get three new hero announcements this time, one announced each of the last three days. (so, two more incoming)

There are some unused voice lines for a mind control based hero people have been bringing up, and there is also the theory that Aghanim will be involved somewhere due to the aghs patch we got recently.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I don't know what that picture is.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Ana is giving up buyback for this aghs... seems risky.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

New Spirit brother

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Yo Tobi's on top of this poo poo:
https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/1165196209750863872

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I'd like to buy a vowel.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Man I want to choose the right fantasy cards for today but I can't possibly predict LGD vs Liquid. It seems like Liiquid are going strong but I feel like LGD is going to be fueled by pure spite to get back to the finals.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Are they in the booths yet? I missed how far we're in as I was busy losing the battle cup.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Liquid Status: Doing it?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

LGD tried to play buyback dota and got punished so hard.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Welp, this is a stomp.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Already looking forward to hearing their reaction to the ending and why they didn't buy back in True Sight.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

This type of game is the type of dota where you just have a big dumb grin on your face the whole time.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

ElNarez posted:

ah, the rich homie quan strat

Don't forget track 9 on his album Rich as in Spirit.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Don't forget track 9 on his album Rich as in Spirit.

I'm legitimately sad that nobody looked this up and reacted to this.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

I wanna see this Aba as a core. When Aba gets a ton of farm he can be super, super scary.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Don't mind Craptacular. He already said earlier that he thinks that io carry is a meme draft.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Goodnight/morning goons. It's truly been a pleasure watching this crazy tournament with you.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

are they using the normal map?

For the rest of the day, since the Midas Mode map had some glitches that were making the kills not count for enough and were making the camera hard to control for casters.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171116031149/http://nadota.com/showthread.php?24490-My-Apology-to-Sonya-and-all-the-Girl-Gamers-out-

the post below grandgrants is worth reading to get some perspective on his apology today, given that it's from 2014.

This link isn't working for me, it feels like the end of the URL is cut off or something.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

nikosoft posted:

What the gently caress, is that seriously supposed to be an apology? Why are people like Zai replying with "Very well put and inspiring"?? Im losing my goddamned mind right now

I think it's supposed to be him doubling down on being an rear end in a top hat with a title meant to stick it to the people who would legitimately ask him to apologize. That's how I'm reading into it, anyways.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

you would have to live under a rock to not know how grandgrant is (or at the very least was, probably seems more like still is). he was publicly an absolutely massive piece of poo poo for years.

I honestly don't pay much attention to him. I do remember him (and BSJ maybe?) getting into trouble during some segment they did at the BTS house a long while back.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

This seems significant as well, and I didn't see it posted here:
https://twitter.com/Wickedscosplay/status/1275181611626098688

She has not revealed when this happened or who it was about, but it seems like there's more coming if people decide to speak out.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Hey, just wanna say if SA dies tonight due to almost unbelievably on-the-nose reasons with regards to the current topic of discussion at hand it's been a pleasure. I'll try to check into the lljk channel in dota to continue any discussions.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

the best dota team in each region should play the best lol team and the loser doesnt get to be an esport anymore

I'm all for this as long as it's in the new Pokemon moba.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Curious what you think Slacks is up to with Arkosh? He did a stupid WWE style ending today where they "won" by typing a string of random characters into chat and it cut to the enemy team's ancient exploding:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingBadPeanutCoolStoryBob

They said the match was to determine if No Pango goes into the BTS Pro series that's happening right now. I figured it would be to create a stupid publicity stunt where BTS says that they don't permit winning via magic or something and then lets No Pango into the tournament instead of Arkosh (because presumably Arkosh is made of other players who are playing in the tournament as well?) but they haven't announced anything yet.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

This was a joke. It was just a fake ending. Also no matter what you think of Slacks (besides that he's a national treasure), anything that builds interest in NA dota is good.

I'm more talking about the idea that apparently their opponent thought they were playing for something real, but they weren't. At the very least you gotta let the other team in on it or tell them it's not a real wager. Maybe they did do that and the other team are just good actors and fooling everyone, but it's hard to tell.

I am as big of a Slacks fan as anyone but if it turns out that he basically said to his stack "Sure, bet on this game, try your hardest, and here's the backup plan if you're about to lose where we can say you won anyways" and didn't share that with the other team it's a pretty dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

It seems the running theory based on leaks is that every hero has a new ability that is updated from one of their old abilities, granted by an aghs shard