Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

I don't remember the last game I even saw a visage, so yall trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Much like Ceb or seb or whatever the gently caress, Mason has always been bad and the occasional moment of him being right is not a validation of the man's streaming career.
ppds echo slam goes in here too, that game was over 10 minutes earlier and it was the equivalent of a fountain dive rampage at that point

This thread is wrong on many things and sometimes you turn a blind eye, but I'm going to go ahead and mark down Visage viability and mason being okay in my spreadsheet.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/meta

I don't know why you're so adamant that you know better than the data that is easily available just because you have some 2k anecdotal evidence but considering you can't even get the player/hero combination right on Shaker/Universe I don't think you have any grounds to talk about people being wrong

Sorry Nahaz, I didn't realize that I needed to have my findings published in a journal for them to count. But the data I see shows me he has the 7th lowest pickrate in the game. It's neat that Visage has a high winrate, I'm glad that the highest mmr players know the right situations to pick him in. It doesn't seem like a big stretch for me to say that this champ is not very good in most situations. Every champion in the game can succeed in perfect circumstances, but that ain't what makes them good.

I don't think that I'm even being adamant when a character I literally haven't seen in 3 months in pubs, and who has 40 pro games in like 6 months doesn't seem that good. How can he pass the eye test when you never see him? I will happily admit that I am wrong when Visage passes Sniper on the page you linked in pick rate, okay sir?

I honestly don't understand why it matters who was playing the earthshaker though, its beyond me why that would be the most important part of that why do you care about that at all

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

yes, i don't mean to imply that a hero is good because in a very narrow set of circumstances he succeeds. he is not viable.

Wait are you talking about mason? Mason is for sure not okay.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

Sick shifting goal posts my dude. I want you to understand that winrate and pickrate both increase for Visage the higher your MMR is. The reason why mid Visage isn't more popular is because it's weird and different compared to most other mid heroes. Yknow what other hero has a low pickrate and extremely high winrate in high MMR pubs? Chen. There are lots of heroes in DotA that are very hard to play, even for very good players, and for whom you need a specific set of skills in order to fully exploit; thus, their pickrate does not necessarily reflect how strong they actually are. Winrate is basically all that matters when it comes to high MMR pubs; pickrate is mostly just an indication of how unusual a hero is.

Chen is both more flexible and a totally different role. Is anyone arguing that Lycan is a great hero? But he's another high winrate hero with a miniscule pick rate, and actually the only one comparable to Visage within that list. Huskar doesn't really have any specific skill sets, meepo is more demanding and yet way more impactful, surprise surprise, he is picked more too.

You are acting like visage is this intensely demanding and difficult to play hero. He's absolutely not that hard for high level players to master, but he does fill a very very small niche, and the fact that he does well within that doesn't mean that he is a good hero in the overall state of the game. Being picked in matchups and team comps where visage is likely to succeed is going to increase his winrate, but I'm telling you that the reason his pickrate is so incredibly low is that in virtually any other game state, which is important for talking about high mmr pubs, you would want a different hero. You can find a dozen heroes that are more mechanically difficult to play or more demanding of game sense and they still have a much higher usage at the highest levels.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

not exactly a great way to go down considering only 20 people play that game

If he did it to be a whistle blower on how bad artifact was he's a god damnned hero

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

BSJ was so nervous during that game 1 preview omg I feel so bad for him

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

defending mason in tyool 2019

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ppd probably does support cops, if we're being real

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

As much as it pains me to admit it, it is possible that Tobi is a creep in the benign, old school way, where he just lusts openly after drow ranger cosplayers, rather than the modern understanding of casters being creeps by sexually assaulting women.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ATP_Power posted:

PPD being a shithead? If only there were some warning signs....

"I will never pay for a woman's taco"

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

zyori grandgrant and who else are now considered quality casters?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

I'm not conflating anything. I'm saying bad poo poo is happening everywhere and if you're not hearing about it, it's not because it's not happening.

Is this a statement on the entirety of human civilization?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Dakota seems like a good dude but holy poo poo I'm waiting on someone, anyone to be honest, show a little bit of spine and say that they had an idea of what was going on - there's no way that cosplayers and female staff can be told who to be careful around while NO ONE else seems to have had any clue. It doesn't add up and I'll have way more respect for anyone that comes forward and apologizes for their inaction than these inoffensive 'we gotta do better' statements.

I've never been in the kind of communities or at least been aware that i was where whisper networks are a thing, but isn't part of it that people don't talk about it openly? Obviously people in the scene might know a little bit more and theres no question that some people are lying, but i'm sure even with someone like Grant some of his friends never saw that side of him or were never in the places where they might encounter this behavior.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

i was wrong lol i didnt think he could possibly be the worst one of them all

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Slacks and cap being so good is such a contrast to how annoying i found their on-air personalities

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

look it takes time to wheel over your desk to the public statement team

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

i actually k ind of liked winters casting even though im sure i've complained about him in here in the past

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Taffer posted:

I inexplicably have a desire to play dota again, is it worth buying the battle pass still or will I not get much out of it at this point without spending big bucks?

the battle pass has never, ever given a realistic way to gain lots of points, and they get worse at it each year, but this is especially true if you start at level 1. In 2016 (i think) I got to level 85-100 and that was buying it on day 1.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

I don't believe this is anything more than wanting an honourable way out of the scene, but the main thing is he's gone

https://twitter.com/PaulChaloner/status/1277625893989560328

Redeye seems like a huge drama queen and is apparently a terrible person to work with/for, but did he actually get accusations towards his family or his children?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

lurksion posted:

Can we kill off Richard Lewis too while at it?

Anyway, Banks might have managed a mutual kill on himself with the way he approached this.

who reports on the reporters?

rlewis is somehow immune to getting in trouble by virtue of being an unabashed garbage person

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

lmao

I mean, yes, if you fill the battle pass with a bunch of poo poo that I want then yes I am going to dump money into it. It's not like anyone is giving valve the money out of the goodness of their hearts, there are a lot of tangible things to get in return.

they are in fact, intangible

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

I do not believe they will meet their first 3 month target.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

im sure that next years battle pass will be even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

He was certainly being compensated by Valve right?

lol