Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Was the first Midas Mode a fun watch? I was excited for it but then it got delayed and I lost track and never ended up watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Ravus posted:

Secret are playing mid-late and Alliance don't have a late game, unless they are like, highground by 25 minutes they still lose.

This, they drafted to do exactly what they're doing and while it's going well they have to turn it into like every outer tower in the next few minutes or it's right there for secret. Warden gets to midas twice, it's not like he can't catch up back into the game

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Tiny with 400 last hits right now, love it

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Yeah turns out winning straight out by 25 minutes is really hard, I think Secret are in good position now

e: lmao nevermind apparently

ReWinter fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 15, 2019

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

the snaaaatch

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

MidOne out of his mind right now, love it

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

A loving megacreep comeback was the first game of TI, it's gonna be A Good One folks

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Yapzor Invoker, is support Invoker going to be a thing this TI

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Defensive supports are out, I'd also guess that there's only been like one or less Lich picks

TNC is playing Lich right now but I haven't seen it otherwise

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

scuz posted:

Has a team lost at TI while holding a double-digit gold lead before??

:thunk:

TI is a land of chokes my friend, multiple times every year

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

I think this is the hardest I've seen an alch get wrecked so far, Storm/Ench seems to really get in his way

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I dunno, it doesn't seem like EG can beat enough teams to get Top 3. I think they'll crush the lower bracket for a while but there's just too many teams who look actually strong as opposed to EG which are just barely skirting by on their wins

I'm not sure about this, they went 1-5 to start and then followed with 8-2, including a 2-0 over Vici. I'm never sure how much being "in rhythm" is important in Dota compared to, say, basketball but there's definitely a possibility that EG are better than 9-7 indicates.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

ElNarez posted:

I like that all heroes are represented: int heroes, agi heroes, strength heroes, and ogre magi

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

ElNarez posted:

is there significant delay between audio and video or is this segment of the opening ceremony just total loving clownshoes

It is, like every year, super the latter and I'm here for it

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

The LGD chant!

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Robo Turnus posted:

also the previous TI champs should totally get to walk in with the Aegis then put it in its sconce. WWE style

This happened!

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Gaben just give the whole speech in mandarin

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

"are we going to have a repeat winner?" is a big power move by Gaben onto that Shanghai crowd

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

They're definitely about to show the artour 1v5

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

JPJ is just doing a public service and letting you all know you need to put him on ignore here at the beginning

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

BioThermo posted:

So more insightful threadshitters, is Clinkz just still too bad to stand up against organized teams, or is there still a chance for him to have an impact, even if as a niche pick?

We aren't seeing many push lineups and the ever increasing changes to comeback gold make a hero like Clinkz who gets a bunch of kills early and then melts when teamfighting starts (and as a 4 doesn't bring a ton to them unless he's really rolling) just a net worth piggy bank during the midgame, where most games are being decided. I don't think he's going to make a big showing but it's Dota so who the gently caress knows, this is the carry Io and 4 Invoker TI

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I miss a good push lineup.

I don't miss every other game having drow strats but I do miss some good old lycan/Chen/rhasta tower melting drafts

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Broken Cog posted:

Ogre Magi being considered the strongest hero at TI, what a time to be alive

He has a 45% winrate on like 30+ picks in groups so I think this myth needs to be done

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Morph against Gyro, VP have a solid draft going assuming brew is playable?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Jerk McJerkface posted:

They have a couple stuns/global silence to get split off, so maybe. Also I've never seen Rubick snatch split in a pro game, it is possible right?

It is but it requires either a severe misplay by the brew regarding where he reappears or a teamfight the Rubick's team is already dominating

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Question, does the spell become steal-able at the cast point? Split has quite a lead up, can Rubick snatch it while Brew is winding up?
It does but the cast point isn't necessarily when the cool down hits, it's when the effect triggers so brew is already gone

E: I'm not sure if this weird edge case even applies to anyone but brew but regardless I'm pretty sure this is right

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Rodjer is playing so well so far

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

LGD just leave the fight jesus, what good is a five man ravage with zero followthrough

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hard to leave fight against Brew split

They walked back down midlane instead of up the hill

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

IcePhoenix posted:

they only had zero followthrough because solo held global silence until he popped ravage

True but "huh the silencer hasn't used global yet" is a read they should be able to make

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

That was some profoundly ambitious positioning by Rodjer lmao

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Ojetor posted:

forcing the split was so good by tide

This, VP probably burned it too early in retrospect

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

I don't think this is quite as bad as it looks for VP because of how impactful the morph scepter can be but it ain't a good situation

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Morphling is so fun to watch, morphshaker jumps for life

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They should try losing half their team to EG and bringing in a pubstar and their coach imo

this is a strategy with a one hundred percent success rate and as an EG supporter I'm upset that they cannot implement it

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Now that they're ducking it intelligently the crowd noise is amazing, love hearing those chants

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

EorayMel posted:

Why is dazzle second on networth for vp

Also that's a double damage rune

Well dazzle was their mid, sometimes referred to as the 2

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

EorayMel posted:

Why was there a mid dazzle

He got a big rework and is okay at it

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

I really hope Alliance stay together, the way they reacted to that mispick is great and they clearly have room to improve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

This liquid draft is one of the best I've seen all tournament