Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Oh man I just remembered that TI is coming! Time to eat breath and sleep a game I don't play for a few weeks. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Picslaeder or however you spell his name just ghosted his team and Young Suck voluntarily forfeited. That was their last game of the day but I'd be surprised if they actually play tomorrow either

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Raylalisa

Shame for Young Suck. Shame I didn't switch to stream two earlier as well!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I want to watch EU but I can't look away from the decent into madness that is this never ending tie breaker.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

If AM wins (not looking good :smith:)

Looking better now! GeneRaL and Naive (edit: and synd) playing so good. Really enjoying AM.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Yeees bring the way 5 tie, gotta go on longer than the Chinese tie breaker did!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

rjmccall posted:

...I completely gave up on them and went and did something else, then saw posts in here and went back to discover they were up like 20k. loving how?

Smoke onto highground really did not pay off for sing. Biggest gold swing of the event so far I think.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Nooo the 5 team tie breaker dream is dead.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Are they really playing Aachen vs AM next?

Am vs Chaos AFAIK.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

While I'm super sad Syndstack is out... they really did deserve to lose that match.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Aghs-Morph-ES is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

How did the blinkless waddle-master win that game. (Boris, Boris is the answer).

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

B9 hit the Morph pretty much every time with the Ice Blast too, which is impressive considering how mobile the Morph is

True!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Complexity is going to instant disband. There is no way this squad sticks together

For the best, teams that are less than the sum of their parts should probably give up.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

What an underwhelming final.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Andrast posted:

As an european, I much prefer this to normal TI schedule where finals started at like 2 AM

:same: This is WAY worse than NA times. Still no-lifing it as much as I can though.

I'm so excited. I watched OG's True Sight, then OG watching OG's True Sight, then the interview/Q&A with OG after they watched OG's True sight. Last year was magic. This year can't be as good but I'm still all-in for bad-time-zone-DOTAS. :getin:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Andrast posted:

that doesn't seem particularly hot

Ice cold take.

Still, they were written off at the start of the last TI as well for good reason and won the whole thing so you never know :v: .

I have this itchy feeling that it's VP's year... but this may not be the first time I've said that.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Notail will be the first repeat dota champion

I don't believe... but I want to.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Tenkaris posted:

All great videos... and now there's this one that just came out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgTa9ni4S8

I quite enjoyed it as well :O

Oooh I haven't seen that one! Neat, thanks dude.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Dramatic music hype. Where's my countdown though?!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Dunite posted:

Stick to the multi stream or bail and choose a single stream?

Hard call tbh. I think I'll give the multi a shot and then switch to secret vs alliance if it doesn't jam.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

This feels like vamping now, I wonder what the delay is. Give game!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

I enjoy TI season

It's the most wonderful time of the year! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

edit: knew they were vamping: https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/1161811849806958593

Ravus fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 15, 2019

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

BioThermo posted:

My starting preference is Secret/Alliance > Liquid/Newbee > TNC/Keen > LGD/Chaos, but when it comes down to it, I'll tune into games for heroes I want to watch over teams I want to watch during the group stages.

Oh that's a fun strategy. Will keep my eye out for BROOD GAMES. (Or just follow matu...)

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

relax 2GD isnt there

Silver lining.

Coming up to an hour late holy gently caress why China.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

:same:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE LOADING SCREEN.

They had better be ready for some loving dotas.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

OD sounds sick :ohdear:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

All games actually in picks. IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR DOTAS!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

BioThermo posted:

Two first pick Miranas and one Mirana ban. What do they know that we do not?

https://twitter.com/keepingitKyle/status/1161526275577712642

Mirana is apparently the hotness right now. I know that much, but not why. Maybe someone who is good at dota can explain it.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ravus posted:

Oh that's a fun strategy. Will keep my eye out for BROOD GAMES. (Or just follow matu...)

No it's fine, Based Puppey got my back. BRING THA SPIDA!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

sugar free jazz posted:

this secret draft is bullshit

The VERY best kind of bullshit. It's sooooo nasty.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Secret are playing mid-late and Alliance don't have a late game, unless they are like, highground by 25 minutes they still lose.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder why they're not actually using twitch's built in multicast lol

they probably don't know that it exists

Asking the real questions.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ok this is a really fun first game of TI. Fat Spida vs Big Rock.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Taiga the master thief.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

GOD drat THIS GAME. Force all the buybacks, then almost feed out your team. This gaaaame

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is the first game of TI

Please, I can only get so erect.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

WTH meanwhile Newbee are beating liquid? This round one is all kinda of hype.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think it's also worth mentioning that while Ogre totally hosed all over the lane, he's pretty useless into the lategame, especially when Alliance had Tiny and DP as their cores, neither of which cared about having Bloodlust basically at all.

I mean they first picked Ogre and then had to do something to try to not just instantly lose to Brood, so they went for lane-dom and a strong early. They were out-drafted pretty hard and very nearly won, though Secret fed pretty hard as well. Still, trust in greedy spida and you will win if it goes late, even when you try really hard to lose like Secret and FEED YOUR rear end OFF.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Matu Lycan on stream 4, could be fun. Not sure I can pass up another Alliance / Secret game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I don't get this gyro-no-io last pick with no good egg clear. Someone better at dota than me explain it tia.