Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What's the "main" DOTA thread? I just started playing again and had a few questions.

I found this thread but it hasn't seen activity in 3+ weeks so that doesn't seem right to me. But maybe this game has fallen that much out of popularity since I last played :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Got'chya. Seems like when I last played it was constantly on the front page :)

More on topic, boy I don't even know who to root for this year now that n0tail finally won an Aegis last year - although I guess that's no reason to cross them off my list this year. Maybe we can get some more sick rear end Jerax earthshaker plays. I naturally haven't watched jack poo poo since TI8.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What is the "optional unit query panel"?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Were there any 'must watch' matches from qualifiers or any recent Majors? Also do we know what time matches start next week? I can't seem to find a schedule

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sorry what I meant to ask was any must watch games for a person who hates fun and only likes watching pro players

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea East Coast looks like pretty much everything is unwatchable for me. If the times on liquipedia are accurate then almost everything is after 10PM or before 6AM for me. A few games between 6AM - 10AM but they're far and few between.

Watching vods just isn't the same, I like being able to frantically refresh this thread so we can all collectively poo poo ourselves after big plays :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Aside from watching TI I never use twitch... Is there a way to search a specific user's videos on twitch?

Or more specifically, does the dota2ti channel usually upload Kaci's interviews separately, or would they just appear 'in the middle' of whatever 6 hour rebroadcast they post? Because missing those would be the real crime :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

*in age of empires voice* START THE GAME ALREADY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0T8TcI4PBE#t=3s

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

sugar free jazz posted:

before the first day is over I must stress that tobi sucks rear end and Iím not saying this in reaction to any particular thing he did but am simply stating a fact about the world

It simply cannot be stated enough

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any game with a Rapier is a good game in my book

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

No because we have a single day of the tournament to go off of
Because he's still a good caster even though a few people here cry about him like he's the worst ever for some weird reason
Not really
Always

Some weird reason.

Also I just can't stand his voice, and the way he pronounces Drow/Aegis.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Alliance can't do anything to this Bristle

What game was this? I didn't get to watch much last night :negative: I love me some good Bristle

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Keep sucking off OG guys and ignoring everything else.

Will do :colbert:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've been out of town the past few days, just got to watch Ana Io from OP-NIP game 1. That was an incredible game to watch :o

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Omnikin posted:

What noteworthy games should I, a DOTA newb, watch from group stages to get ready for the main event? I notice that they plan on using the newcomer stream during the main event to help with this but I'd like to build some hype up first

QuasiQuack posted:

Watch the Io carry game, that way you'll understand about as much as the casters :newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_mE4Sr8og

e; I removed the time stamp but that still starts playing right at the end of the first game? Might just be some weird feature of YouTube picking up where I left off :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Let's play some DOTA!

im so fuckin hyped you guys

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hey who was the guy last year making gifs of literally everything as soon as it happened and then posting them? Is (s)he here this year?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Holy crap I did not recognize Purge. Did they find a way to reverse aging?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I love this OG draft so much. Let's play some DOTA boys

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's just a ball! What's a ball going to do!

*tugs collar*

"What are you gonna do, ball me to death?" - Balling victim

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just tuned into EG-OG. Was Io banned? :ohdear:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't like either of these drafts, except maybe CM because she's the best :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ATP_Power posted:

Only if you're rocking the IxMike set IMO.

There are other sets?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

that topson tornado was fuckign great

Tornado + Ench passive whose name I'm blanking on + Tiny already attacks slow as gently caress yea good luck killing bambi

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

SPROINK

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

> Top tier

>5th place

:smugdog:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gahhh gently caress this time zone. Just woke up and watched LGD-OG. What a good series.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just watched game 1 of the finals, wtf.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

OK Game 2 now, wow. What a stomp.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just left my computer open on /r/DotaVODS before going to bed last night, woke up and there you go.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Indecisive posted:

Has anyone compiled a list of all the games with links to timestamps of the different streams somewhere, wanna catch stuff I missed but it's hard to dig thru these huge vods

/r/DotaVODS/ on reddit has a TI thread at the top of the page with spoiler-free links to every match. Maybe there's better/easier sources, but it's what I use :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Third best is a fancy term for losing, so I kinda get it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Why did they even go to China this year? I think I recall something about it being too hard to reliably get Chinese players' visas for the US/Canada?

If so, then why Sweden next year?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm thinking about going too but it's not close at all. I'm US East, but I've always wanted to visit Sweden / Scandinavia.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I like watching Purge, but he doesn't have the right energy and is actually pretty full tbqh. I like his streams, analysis, even give him my bezos bucks a lot of months, but he's not exactly high energy.

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, especially for a newbie stream. Frankly I dislike a lot of the shout-casting of so many liked castors though.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Also, he has problems getting words in edge wise sometimes.

Yea he tried to speak like 3 times after the final game and kept getting interrupted, I felt sad for him :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Best post in that dumb thread;

The face of Adderall

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 27, 2019

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

drat it. It was supposed to be the picture of Ana asleep at his desk when they grabbed Io but now I'm on a different device where I can't access Reddit to get the correct link :downs:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This is what it w supposed to be but I done goofed :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

awesmoe posted:

its okay, you probably just forgot to take your adderall :(

You joke, but I do actually have ADHD and have been having a hell of a time trying to get a loving prescription 😩

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wonder when we'll see the first "I've squandered everything" pro player (inside or outside of DOTA). OG have each earned $5-6M, according to Liquipedia, which is undoubtedly a lot of money. But that's before taxes, so if they each realistically took home $2-3M between TI8 + 9 you can blow through that really easily with a single house and a car or two.

Not sure if the conversion to USD to Euro/whatever other funny money works in their favor or not, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sure, but how much can that really be? It'd still be pretty easy to wind up 'upside down' in terms of spending all your winnings and then not being able to afford that lifestyle. I suppose then you just sell it all, but...