Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is the Artifact championship concurrent, an offsite event, or...?

replaced with underlord championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyAdventurousArtichokeTTours

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Theres gonna be at least one more patch after the qualifiers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

An interesting inversion of this story is that I've tried to play League with very little regularity for the last like...year or so, but it's really hard to really get a solid understanding of what each hero does because you can't play as them. I had to 1v1 against Riven I think her name is? and I still have no idea what she does. Dota even has tooltips saying "hey if you're having trouble against a certain hero, pick that hero so you can figure out what it's bad at" and that's for definitely true. There used to be a ton of hype around the all-hero challenge, and it's kind of sad that that's been dropping in favor of compendium challenges that require you to buy-in, because those sorts of incentives are great for new players to try all the heroes.

she presses the e button then the q button then the w button then the q button 2 more times and you die

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

awesmoe posted:

is there any level of skill/experience matching in unranked matches? or is it just first 10 people to queue bam it's party time?

there is

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

Is there a reason they even need an org for TI?

bootcamp, taxes, visas

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

I missed the why but mason is about to do a troll warlord cosplay

he bet grant that pain will have less than 13 kills

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reso nooo, your favorite book can't be atlas shrugged

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

did he actually say this, lmao

I can forgive that if you're 17 but isn't he like 25-30

hes 22 and ya

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

according to stats visage is a really good counter to Io. You just send your bats at wisp and they die.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Normally EE is wrong about everything but this is an opinion I hear all the time. High-level dota has all these loving weirdos like Mursglacias/Rodeo/Mio that have text documents full of players that they'll throw the game if they're on the same team, every time. But, dota's punishment system is all automated and hosed and none of them ever get punished, so it's not like League where that poo poo doesn't fly. I especially expect guys like EE are on a LOT of people's shitlists. All the high-rated NA guys sit in each others streams, not to try and streamsnipe, but to get in a game with someone they know isn't going to just go apeshit and throw the game, because it's super common.

It's not because the person thinks they know better than everyone else that a game is over or not, it's because even if someone is just running it down the midlane the game is still gonna take 30 mins to finish, and man running it down mid only gets more and more common the higher you climb

And you think those guys will vote yes to a forfeit?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

League only takes 3/5 to forfeit, 4/5 at the 12 minute mark. So, it doesn't matter if one guy refuses

Yeah and it was sick in league to surrender then disconnect because then it needed 1 less yes vote but then you still counted as a yes vote so a 2 man could literally hold your team hostage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I thought we were sharing league anecdotes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I gotta recalibrate lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's august so it's time to rouse from my Dota slumber once again and watch poo poo loads of dotes.

Goon success story PFlax makes another TI :britain:

has pflax been invited to more TIs than LD?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zurreco posted:

The only China I'm rooting for is American China. That being said, Newbee isn't making mainstage.

Go EG, NiP, or TNC, I guess. Anyone but Secret or Liquid is fine.

newbee is better than mineski I think

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ench and lifestealer arent winning

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they've replaced bulba before with svg didn't they?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ElNarez posted:

the same things that make dota so fun to watch are the things that inevitably make the people playing Dota insane pieces of poo poo, I feel like we've had this exact conversation when the Ceb stuff first came out, it's a stupid high-stakes high-pressure game where you have to be on the ball for anywhere between twenty minutes to three hours and one late-game fuckup can cost you everything, I don't know how we solve this, maybe it's something dumb and simple like introducing timeouts during the games, maybe it's something wider in the culture around Dota that will take years of investment to fix, but until something significant happens all your favorite Dota players are gonna be total assholes

gh will never be an rear end in a top hat

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

and slows you the whole time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

why the gently caress was that juggs tp like 5 seconds long

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ench won every game in the eg og series

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

game 1 was sad bc it was 1 by 1 feed to save 1 person like it was a pub

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zyla posted:

Wait eg got 2-0ed?

Lmao they were winning g1 when I passed out

Liquid got a nice chrono and then EG decided to buy back and feed 1 by 1 to save the people feeding 1 by 1

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

I haven't followed dota since last TI, what was this

he said russians would sell their mother for some mmr points and some other toxic poo poo bc some guy was being a dick to him a pub

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

awesmoe posted:

technically he only said that those specific russians would sell their mothers for mmr. The guy was being a poo poo, ceb lashed out badly, then apologized.
https://www.hotspawn.com/dota-2s-ceb-accused-of-racism-solo-threatens-boycott/

well he gave a non apology then ppl bitched that it was a non apology then he actually apologized

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

did anyone clip the fight that turned game 2 around?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hows og fluke 2 tis in a row?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The stage is set, OG has just defeated Liquid for the honor of claiming the Aegis of the Immortal twice in a row, an unprecedented achievement. Ceb screams “CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!” As he exits the booth, making haste towards the podium bearing his claimed trophy. The arena, silent save for a few stragglers applauding, is filled with straight sitting, arms crossed Chinese refusing to acknowledge superior Dota. As Ceb picks up the aegis, Dove approaches for the post TI interview. “Wow! Fantastic Dota! Congratulations on winning TI! Now, the question everyone has been dying to ask: which is your favorite Chinese team?”

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what were the win rates for first pick vs second?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whys this guy just rewording the front page of reddit as his own ideas

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

96 spacejam posted:

CDL is dead on arrival and a joke to everyone in the industry. Optic is a shell of its former self, 100T followed EGs lead by pulling out and FaZe will drop a similar statement anyday. At least it'll shed light on that piss poor franchise model and pull the curtains back on how Blizzard has been inflating OWL numbers. That's going to be a whole situation with serious consequences.

Imagine thinking it's impossible someone with a career in the gaming/esports industry isn't a goon. There are dozens of us. Stop scaring them away. w

Does Reddit know C9 is making an EU stack yet or nah? I don't read r/dota2 either way.

edit: clarity

I mean c9s own twitter hinted at getting a team like 2 days before you even started posting your leaks or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Cloud9/status/1167543427522686976

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/shuffle/ti9

if you wanna see everything thats on reddit

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 2, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

Korean dota peaked years ago, it will never rise to its former glory.

thats not jesusst1ck

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Blitz himself admitted that he's not good enough to play pro dota anymore lol

I assume febby would be part of any korean stack

he was 5k when he first tried it in korea and now hes like 7.5k

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EG at TI8 had like 75 heroes drafted. TI9 they had 55. Whatever they practiced during bootcamp didn't pan out bc it was too shallow I guess

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessPluckyJamDBstyle

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sumail was the problem??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://blog.dota2.com/2019/10/continuing-matchmaking-updates/

To that end, players that have a behavior score below 3000 are no longer able to use chat or voice until their score rises above the acceptable threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/rosters

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 11, 2019