Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think Valve gives a poo poo about growing Dota anymore, to the extent that they ever did care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm a tiltlord but gently caress destroying my own poo poo over this game, that's just foolish

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

rjmccall posted:

They did have an Argentinian on the team, but yeah, four out-of-region players was really sketchy and all right-minded people should be glad they failed.

Right-minded people don't have anything to do with this game/genre

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Had a bunch of people in the Dota 2 thread laugh at the 1-4-1 Skywrath build. Told them a ton of high-rank skywrath spammers and top leaderboard players did the build and they just sort of stopped responding.

Aster's Skywrath has 1-3-1 skill build. Looking down at my high horse at all these pitiful haters.......

Goons also used to poo poo on Shadowblade relentlessly when it was actually super good and ended up getting nerfed several times.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.22e

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Secret Vs Alliance stream has started

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Dark willow almost has more network than sumail ember, ouch

She has a pretty decent gold talent and EG is losing so

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Carry Io works better than you would think. Some did it in one of my pubs the other day and no one punished it and 40min in he's like 39,000 networth.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm hoping for OG Vs Secret grand finals

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not really sure what Lesh was thinking game 2 of Secret against Mineski. Movespeed not that useful when you're caught and bursted down over and over.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Seems like based on Secret's draft they want to be taking towers fast and setting the pace of the game but instead the opposite is happening.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I was just thinking 'Alch has a rather long buyback cooldown, their 0.2% chance to win depends on that' and then somehow Alch died.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

That seemed far more Mineski blowing it completely than Secret doing something amazing.

Mineski probably would have won if they retreated after they got megas. Wait for Alch's buyback then come back with Aegis and finish.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wasn’t expecting games this hype so early and in the lower bracket at that.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why did ana not have buyback? Was it still on cooldown from the Rosh fight or did he not have the gold?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I can see LGD not banning Alch again and instead focusing more on shutting him down this time

Teams thought the same thing about giving them Io.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if there will be a third hero announcement tonight? Maybe the mind control hero?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still have no idea who Katie Kate is, I had never heard of her before she performed at TI, and this is the first time I've seen her mentioned since then.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Taffer posted:

Yeah if Valve still put a lot of effort into this game they'd integrate all the cool stream stuff right into the client - multi-cam views, custom overlays, etc. And of course the loving awful caster audio which is hilariously bad after 9 years.

I think that's being a little unfair to Valve. Like, you can view important games in client and it mostly works which is more than you can say for a lot of other esports.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

89% chance of winning at 15min, nbd

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Feels like LGD just choked as soon as they started to lose game 2.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I doubt there will be another game like Dota in the near future in any sense.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

trip report on snapfire: shes bad

Seems like both of them might be. Could just be a case of people needing to figure them out more I guess. There's probably a lot of people misplaying the cookie on Snapfire right now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dota players will rule the world in six months because they’re the only ones practicing social distancing properly

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Last night I had a dream I was playing Wraith King and rushed Dagon 5 and an Eblade. My team was cool with this for some reason.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wasn't he supposed to be getting out of the playing video games for money business?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

rjmccall posted:

What hero would make the best 5-on-5 match?

Meepo, just because it would be complete insanity. Unfortunately I think I heard at some point the game gets really buggy with multiple Meepo players in one match.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

do they ever put battle pass levels on sale? and if so, is it a decent amount?

There's a Steam sale in like a month so almost certainly then.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wouldn't classify that shirt as hawaiian. In any case we need to stop letting white supremacists lay claim on completely ordinary poo poo.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You can embed Twitch stuff now on the forums

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Refusing to buy your GF a $2 taco seems like some poo poo you'd read in a PUA book

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Beef posted:

No, we need organizers to follow common norms, we're in a dark place if you have to make talent sign a "don't drug and rape women" CoC.

For that specifically? No, but you do need to hold people to some kind of standard. Otherwise if a situation does crop up everyone ends up sitting on their hands
because there's no defined way of dealing with it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like Slacks getting all worked up might have reached some people that otherwise wouldn't have cared...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think a Necro nerf was inevitable, maybe they were heavy handed but Necro strategies have been strong pretty much as long as I've been playing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Imagine if they were still holding the International in a month and a half with all this poo poo going on

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Heh, they gave Huskar a chainsaw

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/aghanim

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Personally I think these are great, particularly the Lich headpiece.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's a slightly higher chance they'll follow through this time since they're not making the sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That Shadow Shaman immortal is sick