Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Are there even enough people playing this dumb game to fill the arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I've heard DotA is still actually growing, or at least not shrinking in SEA/CIS/SA, so who knows. :shrug:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Growing in terms of what, playerbase? Because from everything I've heard from pro players and all the amateurs, there's about twelve Dota teams who are actually able to make a living off of the game despite the TI prize pool being massive, and all teams who can't reliably win a Minor are just out of luck and have to keep playing for nothing until they can pull it off

Yeah, playerbase. Part of it is a lot of dota players don't stream which means they can't supplement their income with that, but part of it is the lack of reliable tournaments other than ti.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

Visage seems awful too

these are insanely hot takes

e: Visage has nearly a 60% winrate at divine/immortal.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

Yeah Visage is rear end to play. Micro with birds is like relatively easy but laning mechanics are godawful.

If you're in a matchup you can abuse grave chill in, it's smooth sailing.

I suck at microing dominated creeps, myself. :smith:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I'm gonna be a few levels too low to get the Tiny immortal, anyone have one they'd sell?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

15 million dollar falling sky drop at exactly 70 minutes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I sincerely hate Snapfire's visual design, and Void Spirit is just boring looking.

I miss when Valve had good artists doing weird polynesian stuff like jugg and bs. :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

god drat does having a gpm item on one team's support and not the other's make things get snowbally fast.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Do the new heroes not have aghs upgrades? I was confused by DOTA PLUS suggesting Aghs on Spitfire since it had no description so I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything

they don't

boredsatellite posted:

Dont think we really have an abundance of cranky crazy old ladies to call Spitfire boring honestly.

It's an old lady on a salamander which is rad

I'm tired as hell of these dreamworks-y designs like pango and willow.

I still miss venge's mask.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

New sange is completely trash garbage

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

God drat does neutral item RNG swing games so hard. Philosipher's Stone and Mango Tree are insanely good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

lol like a day later and neutral items get severely ratched down.

I think the biggest problem is how lopsided they can be if one team gets good ones and the other doesn't.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Impressive how such a short post can contradict itself so succinctly.

Yeah, it's not like nerfing some extremely powerful items but not all of them can make things more skewed. :rolleyes:

Ambivalent posted:

is that a contradiction??

they got ratcheted down but they can still skew a game ridiculously

Like having a core with a titan sliver for example, versus your core... well not having one

Like, one team getting Philosopher's Stone, Imp Claw and Pupil's Gift vs. the other team getting Vambrace Aquilla Nether Shawl is an utterly insane tip in balance.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 28, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah support Naix and Void Spirit are the two things that seem just busted atm, and only one of them is in captain's mode.

Edit: I just tuned in, doesn't seem to be working here. Not sure how it got there.

How does that work? Naix looks super weird now that he can't shred Svens and poo poo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I think side shop switching to outpost and bkb not giving 100% spell damage resist are my two least favorite changes ever.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

These two lines are also pretty important:

mother comes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

so cooldown reduction stacking now means if puck gets an oct and quickening charm he can literally become unkillable due to having a 2.9 second cd phase shift and 3.25 second duration on it.

Naga Sleep, Void Spirit remnant, Pit Lord Pit, Black Hole and possibly Chrono don't activate quickly enough to stop him from doing it again.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

game's dyin' cloud.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Has valve said what the plan for TIX is yet?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

"Late" by Valve standards... So 2030 or so?

Good for them, though. I wonder if they're still going to try for a TI11 in the summer?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's because that's cool and good. People who try to be good at dota are a bunch of losers.

People who try to be bad at dota, or do not try to be anything at dota, are also losers oddly enough. :thinking:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SKELETON KING AS AN ARCANA LOLLLL

I've skipped the last few battle passes but I might get this one.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Not gore but here's how they censored tiddy.

https://twitter.com/oawashima/status/898532252014878721

the art on the card is still in the chinese version if you set them as your 'favorite' :ssh:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

how are people so fast with whack a meepo? jesus.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I havent bought a battle pass in years but lol this is so much stingier with levels than the old ones.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I seeeriously want to know what the AM and Pudge persona voices will be like because I hate the invoker one.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The little riff it plays when WK reincarnates with his arcana is sooo good. :allears:

I hope there's a discounted level bundle in the summer sale.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah i noticed they keep making changes, lmao

that ill-advised side shop thing is just. gone now. which is fine by me, because it seemed like a giant waste of time.

Wait what? That sucks, I got like 50 extra portals from it.

Is that why I got a bunch of extra CM spins?

Remember recycling, crafting and how you used to actually get something decent from trashing an immortal treasure?

feels so long ago now. . .

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 5, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

if these community sets to vote on are anything to go by, people are getting a lot better at designing things.

some of them are also still incapable of not overdesigning things, too

Yeah there are some really good sets like a lot of the Grimstroke ones and then a lot of ones that just covered in so much poo poo and ruin the colour scheme of the hero that there's no chance they don't get in. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You could be the skeleton king but watch the queen conquer. :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

I know the warcraft dota was constrained by the limited models available in that game but goddamn do I miss some of the hero concepts from HoN. Make succubus QOP replace Bane and bring in Richard Hag for QOP

absolutely. Even LoL has some more neat weird designs than dota 2.

I'll be sad if we get another two Some Dude hero this year.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, the second reply in that thread:

Dota community is the absolute worst.

Reminder that icefrog quit talking to the dota community because people got mad at him for posting a picture of his dog, iirc.

he should really be posting about the spicy drama of the apparently rigged cache vote.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I miss some of the new mechanics like deny gold and shrines. :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I could've sworn many years ago bfury gave splash on ranged attacks, but it might have been some bootleg like Djota All-Stores

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kibner posted:

Other than that one line with Dahmer. 😬

In the grand scheme of things I don't see anything wrong with it.

That said it is extremely unsurprising the first comment is getting angry about it and saying he's only doing it to try and get nudes lmao

amazing demonstration of the problem and why I do not expect it to get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

Man, if PFlax turns out to be lovely I will legit cry

pflax and dendi are like the two people I would be really upset by being huge pricks.

PS: due to SA exploding I made a discord server. it was for anime originally but a bunch of people play dota so welp feel free to join and talk about dota there instead of SA, as if you missed it Lowtax is also an abusive dickhead

https://discord.gg/W3XAhv