Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The only thing that would be funnier than EG getting sent home in group is China teams all being sent home before the semifinals

Definitely gonna root for a VP OG final just for the chat wheel game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

And OG got bodied by EG in groups last year and then in turn were able to beat them convincingly in bracket!

On the other hand, Sumail just building whatever the gently caress he wanted in game 2 vs Fnatic because gently caress lifestealer. I get the feeling nobody on EG really even likes anyone on EG very much.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Hot take, you shouldn't root for EG because Sumail is a shitter and RTZ was never good.

Fly is a traitor, sure, but at least he set his friend free to go win a TI, so he can't be all bad.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

someday people will figure out the forbidden technique of "Not giving Abed the 'duse"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It’s nuts to think Navi might place well this year

What a world

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

i wouldn't say he's the most toxic but he's certainly up there

I hadn’t heard anything about Ceb being toxic, but I do know that hating OG for having a toxic player on their team while simultaneously rooting for EG is fuckin :laffo:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I know it's that bias where you only remember the bad times, because he's got a positive winrate this TI, but Alch always seems to just be a god drat anchor whenever I'm looking.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

This year is a fairly decent chance of finally getting a repeat winner just because there are a good number of previous winners here, although it’s a REAL stretch to say this Navi won TI, since, ya know.

It’d be cool to have the last TI without a repeat winner be won by the only team who hasn’t won a TI yet, in like TI17 or something. The TI after that literally everyone has won a TI so somebody will finally get it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pepe is not a clown, it is the whole circus.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm not even sure if VP could kill this sven if it was 1v5 at this point.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

VP played a bad draft poorly that game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm loving astounded there wasn't a rax out of that tbh.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

okay please, slacks, don't be weird

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

lmao

that silent crowd during that dive is why I want china to not win TI in their own home.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

how dare a home crowd not be wildly cheering when a bad thing happens to their team

They aren't clapping for good plays at all. It's total silence when something that isn't a chinese team doing vaguely good things. That's loving lovely as hell, dude.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

How is it compared to previous TIs?

terrible, previous TIs were pretty much constant yelling all the time

the silence is downright eerie.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

you see, chinese people are just rude, whereas us americans are actually polite and gentlemanly and just here to appreciate the game

clip me where they're doing that, my dude. show me where the chinese dota fans are being just excited for good dota being played even if their team is on the receiving end.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Wait does topson have a mullet now? How did I miss that?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Quote this Goofy if you think the loser is anyone who has to work tomorrow:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Zurreco posted:

It's so stupid that we're waiting for Io core to get online

much like beyblade, it's almost time for carry wisp to LET it RIP

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Ana dies for the crime of letting it rip

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

just
lmao

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Topson: You're not the only beyblade on this team, wisp!!!!!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Imagine making it to the upper bracket of TI, you are without question one of the best players of dota 2 in the world.

And your first game you get farmed in the fountain by pos 2 bristle and carry wisp.

lmao

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Wasn't that last game as much Topson as it was Ana?

Kind of both, but when you have two threats like that running around it's hard to shut both of them down.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

At least the clap is still around, makes me smile.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Concurred posted:

These brackets are looking real good

honestly these brackets look like they're set up for TI9 to be TI8 again

hopefully Infamous just wrecks, that'd shake it up a lot.

I also hope to be pleasantly surprised by secret, I didn't get the chance to watch them play in group but I hear they were good to great. I just hope that the bottom loser's bracket isn't just someone winning to run into the VG woodchipper.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

this is why we root for OG

I'm glad there are a lot of teams this year that enjoy dota as much as OG does, like you can just feel pure joy when TNC plays.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Minus shenanigans from the lower bracket and maybe LGD/VG swapping places, they’re right. EG isn’t even close to the best at this tournament.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Oh you mean exactly in the same position OG was in last year after the same group stage score. Yeah man, no one thought they were going to win either or that they were the best until the moment they won TI.

Didn’t you argue last year that LGD would lose lower bracket finals because they were shook? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

And yeah EG isn’t gonna win, sorry you have to find out this way but they’re not getting past OG or either LGD or VG. They haven’t been consistent enough.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Andrast posted:

I'm going have a hot take and say that every player on OG is very good

They’re all at least pretty good, and they just work really well together, which in a lot of ways is more important than being technically amazing. They’ve got a great amount of synergy in play styles, and it seems personalities, as well.

Ana and Jerax are both dota monsters, too, which doesn’t hurt.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

they are the second best team in the tournament.

Best in this tourney are probably OG, LGD, VG, and possibly Infamous if they can get more consistent.

I don't know how you could objectively look at the other teams and think EG is the second best. That's some fuckin lol poo poo. They have really brittle morale and take things way too seriously for them to be able to recover when they can't get by on pure technical skill. Like, in a pure technical sense they probably have like 2-3 of the top 10 players in the world, but they just keep making bad calls and when it starts falling apart it seems real hard for them to recover. Their problems aren't "RTZ is poo poo lol" or Sumail loving up CS and farm or something. It's going balls deep on an ench and not getting the kill because it wasn't a good idea to commit that much in the first place. RTZ can have some questionable positioning choices, but usually it seems like that's just the straw that broke the camel's back and not the real reason they lost.

It looks a lot like TI9 is gonna be TI8, alternate reality version, but LGD is probably gonna win this time around because their morale is probably way higher than it was last year. Being in China and with their family and friends is gonna be a huge boost, and if anything they're even better than they were last year.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I think EG’s roster changes depend on who was calling those shots. Like, when everyone was making fun of RTZ being miles away from base while they were getting raxxed, the real issue was what the gently caress was he doing on am to begin with. Whoever made that decision is who needs to go.

Might even just be a case of a background shuffling of coaches instead of an actual roster change, minus fly ditching eg because lol fly.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

remember when someone here said you didn't need to worry about banning out ana's alch

lol

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

lmao n0tail you filthy son of a bitch

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

lol jerax, talk poo poo get hit

listen, yeah he's dead, but that other guy had to stand on a cliff like an idiot for a long time before he could get a medivac out, and he couldn't gank ana during that time.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

It also made us laugh, and the audience are the real winners

the real dota was the friends we made along the way

also I like that they managed to push the radiance timing back by enough that it isn't a stomp, but Ana's alch is still real scary

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah it's kinda funny how everyone was asking how they'd deal with the Alch and the solution is to deal with literally everyone other than the Alch.

They dealt with the alch timing by banning dark seer and finding a kill on him.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

that epicenter misplay is rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Eh it's already back up, didn't really hurt anything I think

yeah, thankfully

that would be a heartbreaking end to this if they lost a final teamfight because it wasn't up because of that