Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRigRJhvtVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

fy-god pound the liquid out of me

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

A big problem with analyzing dota is that the people who are good at it are either:

a) playing
b) coaching

Add in the fact that you can win millions of dollars for 'figuring out' the current/tournament/ti meta, and that thousands of others are analyzing it, there's a vacuum of analysis available to the public.

This means that you either listen to paid commentators (who themselves are't good enough to play or coach), or you listen to randoms on the internet. This also helps explain why so many panelists are ex-pros as the prestige rather than knowledge is what makes them 'right'..

Like at the moment, OG's game style seems completely opaque. They just seem straight up better than everyone else. You can point to the carry Io or the diffusal Gyrocopter, or the way they prioritize farming up Ana or how Jerax and Topson rotate, or the wide hero picks but these don't reveal BIG DADDY's overarching philosophy on the game. I'm almost certain that others from pro teams have an idea of whats going on, but they sure as gently caress aren't going to talk publically about it.

Also does anyone knows where i can get detailed statistics from old TIs? Particularly hero pick, ban and win rates. I want to see if how a hero is designed makes them inherently stronger than others. Like surely there's a reason why enchantress is always op, or why tiny, gyro, IO, chen, alch etc are so predominant at TI despite constant reworks and nerfs.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

https://www.dotahaven.com/en/guide/ti9-grand-finals-meta-recap-analysis-OG-Liquid/

finals analysis for y'all. his daily recaps are also interesting.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

I believe you, 96 Spacejam!

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

96 spacejam posted:

I've been to each TI and pretty much every major since '15, although I had to skip a few in 2018 and this year. I'm at every Dreamhack, major FGC stop and CSGO LAN so there have been a lot of overlaps recently. It's very possible we have. Vancouver was the best location too. Really bummed it wasn't there again this year.

I have no desire to fight/argue, I was just over not talking about DotA and the shuffle.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to get it back on track...

C9 is grabbing an EU based DotA team, and just got told first hand that Jack may grab ppd and let him run the show, should he choose to leave NiP. Not a C9 fan due to Jack but allowing ppd to have full control may seem insane from the outside but IMO it's smart move, or at least the best chance C9 would have for a year 1 team. The issue with ppd is that he, as well as Loda, Kyle, and just a few others are very social people and when paired with players that can't take criticism (most dota players) no raport is able to get built and the you can feel the tension in the practice rooms. I will say that ppd is a S tier drafter and captain but the success EG had was due to his drafts, early-mid game calls but once Fear came online he would take over as captain.

SumaiL stack doesn't have an org just yet but Chaos is in the lead currently. I actually don't know who else is trying to grab them but I should have that info sometime this evening.

IMO if you're an esport fan, Chaos is building to become the 100T on the east coast. Don't sleep on them.

Why do you dislike Jack (assuming this is Jack KBBQ Chen)?

Do you think EG have made the right decision to 'build' around arteezy, given that he didn't look as flash as sumail during ti9?

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

Gorgc raging here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadAltruisticFiddleheadsHotPokket

Also Trent has started walking back from his comments, calling them 'too harsh'. gently caress reddit, gently caress twitch chat, and gently caress gamers. You can read more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/e60zl2/trent_calls_out_bulldogs_racist_actions/

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

Not now, JPJ. The adults are talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

also re: truesight.

Bigdaddy looks SO drat HIGH on amphetamines he's got an eyetwitch and everything.