Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Wait holy poo poo. Did Chris just stop to let Sco kill Pie while in the middle of radiant base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

he was disarmed

Ah gotcha. The way they were clowning at the end, I just assumed it was a sick disrespect play.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Missed the beginning. This is already over if Meepo is the same level as Alch.(assuming some rework where Meepo doesn't level quickly didn't happen since I last played)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ElNarez posted:

oh btw, these are the OG avatars/flags for today

https://twitter.com/syndereNDota/status/1164515808698966016

Hell yes. I hope it's a 2-0 victory for OG just for this

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Big shout-out to audio only twitch and Tobi play by plays while I'm at work. Game 3 Bois!!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

succ posted:

🌷 SPAM 🌷THIS 🌷 FLOWER 🌷 TO 🌷 GIVE 🌷 NOTAIL 🌷 POWER 🌷

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Wtf. I get to a delivery as the game starts, hearing OG is struggling in two lanes. Sounds like an uncontested AM.
Finish the delivery and OG already dumpstered EG?!!?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Smh if any of you aren't unreasonably dreaming of an OG Infamous finals.
10 clowns fighting for millions of dollars

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

OG's also got an almost unshakable morale, and seem to just be having the time of their lives playing together. I don't think there's another team that would tolerate their carry body blocking their support to death on the main stage at TI, but for OG, that's just a fun goof - they're there to have a good time and win games.

Clip in question: https://old.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ctbrl2/ogs_playing_a_professional_match_at_ti/

IDK, Infamous also seems pretty close to that ngaf vibe

Re: RTZ
I think he's good, but hes the only pro player that I can't recall improving in the 8 years I've been on/off spectating pro dotes. Dudes pretty much the same to watch as he was when I first saw him play.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Makes me wonder how long they been hiding carry Io

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

Apparently it wasn't some pocket strat cooked up in the lab, Ana was just like "I wanna play Io lol" and they rolled with it.

Follows up by saying they went with it because they trust Ana so much.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/crn7jw/according_to_sockshka_og_never_practiced_carry_io/

efb but at least I posted the source.

Hahahaha this is amazing

Pigbuster posted:

Though OG winning could be the start of the "OG wins TI" streak 🤔

I'm extremely down for this.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravus posted:

Wow secrets ti history is even more trash than I remembered.

Lmao all those won games and can't even get a bronze.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Rich is like if Slacks was less funny and tried to act like Redeye.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Grant go home. First you say Infamous didn't deserve their spot, then when talking about impetus you say "it's not a bkb piercing stun"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Scofield is just casting wards on cool down at this point.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
drat, sad to see Infamous lost the second game. Based on game 1 they absolutely could've beaten Secret if they reigned Hector in a little.

Glad to see EG lost though, and I can't wait to see Secret get owned by VG.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah they did but that’s never stopped a South American team from swapping players

This will be a shame when(if) it happens. They seem to be a really good team that just needs more experience. The definitely have the same thing that OG has going where if you take time to Target one core, the other just becomes a bigger problem. Also Scofield is pretty top tier for a support player in an aggressive way that I feel is fairly unique to him and fits in really well with the aforementioned core thing. You go after one hero and at least two are loving your poo poo up elsewhere.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Puppey gives his teammates hugs like he needs to make sure no one thinks he's gay.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

JackDarko posted:

Why are they interviewing the man who is crying?

Hasn't this happened multiple times now?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Kaci confirmed as a reformed cool kid smoker

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Saw that liquid beat the carry io strat. hosed up

Excuse you. They beat Secrets lovely knockoff Io strat.
Though this makes me hope they beat LGD so their overconfidence lets through Ana Io in the finals.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Wait, they don't do drug tests? :confused:
I thought that was common in high level esports nowadays

A bunch of nerds, likely with some form of ADHD. Testing for Adderall would be dumb as hell and expensive. Plus, in terms of"performance enhancers" for playing video games, are you going to start not allowing caffeine or nicotine?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Not saying what they should or shouldn't do, just thought they already did it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah sorry the tone seems to point at you. I mean "you" as in the governing bodies of teams and non valve tournaments. Lmao even if drug use becomes an issue, Valve certainly won't step up to the plate.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ojetor posted:

would anyone really be surprised if it came out that OG is hopped up on pills? esports as a whole and TI in particular are insanely high stress environments and completely unregulated in this regard

what is actually suprising is v1lat/the rumor mill trying to pretend that this is some exceptional circumstance and that only OG is doing it, lmao get outta here with that disingenous crock of poo poo

Imo the drug OG actually uses is smoking some phat dabs. Explains their ability to remain calm and just have fun playing dotes.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Yup this is all true. So many people I know especially while I was in college bought and used addys or vyvan constantly for tests and essays

As someone that's both done this and been around it a lot: loving lmao at everyone that does it when you get better, more controllable effects by using caffeine pills which are 3$ a bottle.

People use Adderall like this because MAD poo poo their pants and spread the idea that it's exactly like speed/meth because they contain some of the same chemicals. Y'know, because the other chemicals, dosage, and method of intake have zero effect :jerkbag:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Super Rad posted:

You don't know what you're talking about, speed is the street name for amphetamine, adderrall is amphetamine. Amphetamines are the only active compound in adderall (yes it's a racemic mix but if that mattered then they'd be on Dexedrine anyways which isn't racemic). Adderall is literally rx speed. It affects people with ADD differently than normal people which is why it is prescribed to people with ADD and that is why to people it is prescribed it doesn't feel like a drug to them because it alleviates their ADD symptoms, for everyone else it's a very potent stimulant.

Yeah I know all of this. Point still stands, but do go off king

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Super Rad posted:

You said there were 'other chemicals' - the gently caress are you talking about?

Look at this guy that somehow doesn't know anything about street drugs.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Is studying and test-taking the same as playing Dota? One is designed to be engaging and stimulating because video games are just raw addiction machines while the other isn't. Yeah, adderall for studying is practically a meme, but is its effects actually helpful in a vastly more stimulating environment? I don't know man, just watch some loving Dota.

I'd like to see a study that actually proves a positive impact on test results for non ADHD havers. Being able to spend more time last minute to turn in homework is obviously useful. But the lack of sleep/healthy sleep also makes memory retention worse.

Super Rad posted:

No it's you - how about you be specific and tell me what other chemicals than amphetamines are in speed. Seriously just name some, please.

Brother, we have an entire subforum to tell you what to cut your supply with. I won't give your "no you" the satisfaction of an actual response.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Super Rad posted:

Yeah I've had a thread on that subforum named after a post of mine, I'm certain I know more on this topic than you which is why you won't give anything more of a response than vague bullshit. Other drugs like ecstacy gets cut with amphetamines, amphetamines themselves don't really get cut with other active ingredients that would alter their effect, perhaps inactive ingredients because dealers are greedy, but nothing that would differentiate the effects from Rx Dexedrine.

Ah, so you've done enough drugs that you've lost basic understanding of chemistry in addition to the English language. Inactive ingredient doesn't mean what you seem to think it means and you've also completely ignored dosage and means of intake. But please, continue with your Mom's Against Drugs talking points in the DotA thread.

sugar free jazz posted:

we live boys!

in the moonduck studios with sunsfan and zyori!

I had the chance to go to their shindig here in Denver but they didn't specify what talent "not invited to TI" would be there. Glad to see I made the right choice to stay home and day drink. Though now I want a baguette.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nasgate posted:

Excuse you. They beat Secrets lovely knockoff Io strat.
Though this makes me hope they beat LGD so their overconfidence lets through Ana Io in the finals.

Yeah rewatching Liquid vs Secret: Secrets draft blew chunks in terms of cohesion with Io

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravus posted:

4.5k HP spectre... 5k+ cent... What is their team's total HP? loving hell.

Like 12 dagon shots :V

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ElNarez posted:

100 LAN games on the Rubick and people don't learn

https://twitter.com/NahazDota/status/1165474024891154434

Yeah, gotta be terrified of that 59% winrate :rolleyes:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Game 3 boyyyyysss

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
WK. Liquid honoring our Southern brothers with their last pick. Viva Peru

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
"Fy God"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Finally got to watch the grand finals. Absolutely nutters.

Though the part of me that wants conspiracy and drama wonders if Ana was so sad looking after game 1 because he felt dirty throwing game 1. I wouldn't doubt OG would throw a game to make the psychological impact of the next game being a stomp even more impactful.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
OG forced other teams to play their own game, which is constant skirmishes. That doesn't mean the whole meta is just that. poo poo, look at when rat DotA was at its prime. It still wasn't the only meta people were playing.

This was an amazing finals, but I will agree that it was not as exciting as others. It was like watching pros play against pubs.

I doubt they'd have done much better than Liquid, but I kind of wish LGD made it to the finals instead. The crowd would've been so hype.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Remove the talent and boom, balanced.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I think OG has proven that just throwing the best players on a team isn't enough though - they have incredible synergy, willpower, and their bond is incredibly strong, but mechanically none of them are the absolute best of their role I don't think. I mean they are all world class players individually but most of the top teams at TI also have world class players, some of the poo poo Liquid, Secret and LGD did was absolutely bonkers this TI, but it wasn't enough. If some team wants to create a squad that's on the same level as OG this TI, it requires some real effort to find players that works as well together as OG, and it won't happen by just trying to find the "best" players.

the team might also need some loving powerful motivation like OG had going into TI8

I think that Infamous also proved this point. Imo even harder than OG. They got way farther than their skill and experience would do alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Yeah but they're being paid to sound smart, and also other people are getting paid to give them information to help.

Most of the commentators are really bad at DotA and understanding DotA. It's the price you pay for having the kind of energy/personality to be a commentator. And sadly, the few that do understand the game well(Blitz and Purge being good examples)are sidelined for no good reason.

Then you get into casters and while they try to have a hype/analyst combo, the hype guys usually never let up enough space for the analysts to be informative.

Imo part of the problem is there's a) not enough new talent and b) too much reverence for the old guard.
Like, please stop inviting Tobi. Dude still calls out the wrong ability names.