Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

get ready for death ball meta lol

Everybody loved the TI4 grand final! (the actual event was good though with a lot of fun games).

Strange they would drop it now instead of waiting those two extra days for the Europe tournament to be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Team Secret is kinda cursed though. With their current form only a global pandemic could stop them from a TI win. Their are so far ahead of the other teams at the moment.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I think the league structure helps a lot with preparation and scheduling. Most teams across all regions seem much more prepared and knowledgeable about their opponents.

Not sure how sustainable this format is for TO and smaller teams from a financial perspective but I enjoy the steady schedule and league format as a viewer.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Kibner posted:

If the format allows for more players to play this game professionally full-time, I'm all for it. I like how it gives more organized experience to more teams, especially those not in EU or China.

I agree. I hope TO that made the game big also get their share though. I twould suck if you regularly hosted tournaments and now get cut out because the leagues are run by certain organisations. Though to be fair I don't know how many smaller TO were left since the Major era started.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

There's an ESL tournament starting on Wednesday https://liquipedia.net/dota2/ESL_One/Summer/2021
Teams:

No group stage just a double elimination bracket with seeding based on DPC points. I'm not sure if this is a LAN or not, I had assumed not before the teams were finalized but QC and T1 are in it now so either it's a LAN, it's not a LAN and they're just staying in EU for the tournament, or they're going home and playing with a ping disadvantage.

T1 stated in their interview that We Play made it possible to stay in Kyiv for a bit longer. Not sure abour Quincy Crew. I assume its online but would gladly be wrong.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I think a reasonable axe nerf might be to turn the shard into a toggle so you have to choose between defensive and offensive spins.

I still like the idea of the shard turning axe into a flex pick but it's too strong at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Reduce the spin damage on illusions, same as Return on Centaur illusions. If the spins did 33% damage instead of 100% it wouldn't be as nuts.

That's a good idea. Meta wise I would be interested in how diminishing returns on stacks would work out. Or complete insane ideas like item bans, which I doubt is ever going to happen.