Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
What the gently caress was that Bald vs Aagen ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

TheRat posted:

What happened?

Bald were clearly winning, they had just gotten mega creeps and forced every single buyback of aachen. However, in their last fight getting mega creaps 4 of them died. No problem, as their 2 big cores (ember and lesh) both had buyback and the others a quick respawn timer, plus they still had tier 2 towers alive.

Then ember waited way too long before buybacking, he only bought back when Aachen was killing t4 towers (he had 15 seconds deadtime at that point instead of 70) and lesh simply didn't buyback at all despite having money. In the end Aachen won with only their slark alive at 5% hp.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

Where is the Artour 1v5 rampage? What?

There are 4 such videos, one per day. That's the last one.

Agree with the recommendation to watch the highlights of the OG games.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Congratulations to OG! Overall a very entertaining TI with lots of kills and comebacks. OG themselves were also very entertaining, they had incredible team fight execution and relentless aggression. Some cool picks as well, nobody else played pugna or monkey king on their level.

I think their playstyle is somewhat different to last year, this time they had less late game carries and more focus on fighting compared to farming. There was some stat that they had the least average cs of all 18 teams in the groupstage.

Looking forward to the roster changes.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I'd say OG's playstyle is
1) identifying which items and levels they need to be stronger than the enemy team
2) making sure they get those as soon as possible while putting huge pressure on the opposing team to prevent them from farming
3) once they feel they're stronger than the enemy team, they never stop running at you

Whereas most other teams focus more on outfarming their opponents and getting map control. I.e. some teams will be hapy controlling the map for a long time if they have the impression that they're gaining more gold than the opposing team, they'll farm every camp while forcing the enemy to stay near their base/towers and take little risk (EG and LGD especially). Whereas OG, once they feel they're stronger, will just keep going for kills and objectives with very little focus on farming.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I just watched the end of the Liquid vs VP match with Russian casters and their reaction is just fantastic. (I don't understand any Russian at all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWnJtIdtao&t=5202s

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Aww poo poo

Which game was it where rtz refused to fight às an anti mage when they were 2 rax down and kept running away?

EG vs OG game 3 in upper bracket at the latest TI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYw9ndneKA

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
9pasha used to be a carry player and does pretty well.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
It's interesting that so many EU teams are copying Liquid's tactics: slardar and oracle are everywhere now.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
You could still bring all teams to the same country, but each team in a different hotel. Then you'd have no delay issues.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Very well done by viking gg, it shows their wins vs OG were no fluke.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
The entire radiant team did 56k damage. Oracle healed 30k damage and did 17k damage himself.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Pop quiz:

Situation: Aster (nr 2 team in CH) is playing against Elephant (fy, somnus, yang, etc). In their laning phase they have 1) Weaver, 2) Shadow Fiend, 3) Alchemist, 4) IO and 5) Luna.

The question: which of their heroes has the highest networth at 20 minutes? (They're winning and have 15k networth advantage)

Obviously it's the least likely hero, in this case the IO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw4mFSQ6pvU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
It was just a bit surprising to me that of all the crazy aghs combo's you can do they ended up going for this one. Don't get me wrong, it was clearly a nice combo, just don't think I'd have guessed it beforehand.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Just looking at the drafts I don't understand why'd anyone pick both earth titan and drow, especially when the opponent doesn't have an AGI hero yet. Seems like unnatural order and marksmanship don't synergise at all?

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Elephant vs RNG is incredible. Completely insane frankly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLPZbQiilBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Pos 1 Axe in a big match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01lv5v39NZk

62k damage dealt