Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Chaos Esports is going to win TI after beating Liquid in Loser's Finals and then going on to beat Vici Gaming in Grand Finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Hope that we have a SEA team poo poo on all the Chinese teams before winning TI

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

emdash posted:

Pain replaced Leo with hfn (since Leo is on bc now)

4dr and hfn on the same team again

y'all ready for SG e-sports 2.0?

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

ixmike was direct invited

the rest uh who knows

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

I just want Aui and Universe to play together again

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Max Coveri posted:

Holy poo poo is this why that team got DQd?

Pretty sure, yeah. Sucks for the Bulldog stack idk why they wouldn't just advance the previous team that lost. I understand not doing so for every team going back however long but like it wouldn't slow down logistics significantly to do so. Idk, faceit handles dqs in an extremely dumb way.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Imagine being Mushi in 2019

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Robo Turnus posted:

danil should just become a fulltime host and make his doller that way. He isn't dominant anymore. Ya hate to see it.

Lmao

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

SA qualifiers are almost guaranteed to be won by a Peruvian team this year because of packet loss lmao

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

At the end of the day, Gambit lost to mid Silencer and that says a lot about the team.

More relevantly, Gambit drafted extremely badly and hardly picked any of the heroes they had success on in the past.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Because every region has the insane amount of money bags that China has lmao

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

That's cool and bringing new talent into the game is good imho

I mean, it also gives those teams a monopoly on new players and basically means you can't ever have new teams emerge on the scene. There's a reason why Valve should be the one in charge of this kind of stuff rather than a collection of teams.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

China has been the best region to develop talent for quite some time so you’re pretty wrong here friend.

Uh based on what? Like, financially sure, but in terms of finding new players, that's basically never been true. Chinese contracts are also extremely draconian and have extremely severe penalties for trying to leave. Giving established Chinese teams even more power over up and coming players seems like a huge mistake to me.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

TheRat posted:

China has been extremely dominant over the years compared to literally any other country. We treat it like a region. A huge number of incredible players throughout the years have been Chinese.

That's because China is a region. (Edit: This comes off as extremely flippant. What I mean is that China is a country of over a billion people; of course you would expect it to have more good players than any other country. This isn't like South Korea's dominance in League of Legends.) In any case, you could make the exact same argument for EU or what have you. Rotk has talked about this at length: Chinese teams are bad at picking up new talent and sign people to really lovely contracts.

Sampatrick fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 8, 2019

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

I think you’re loving stupid

So we shouldn't trust Chinese player Rotk's opinion about Chinese teams and should instead trust you?

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

you know the team Rotk coaches is full of new talent right? Same with LGD last year. These were players that were developed through the robust tier 2/academy system that China has.

Yes you are dumb as poo poo

Yeah, LGD in 2018 was full of new talent like uh well Maybe is from 2015, fy is obviously old school, xNova is a newish SEA player, well I guess Ame and Chalice were new Chinese players.

Like come the gently caress on dude Rotk's team is literally him trying to prove the rest of China wrong. He talked about this a year ago. You're also not responding at all to the extremely lovely contracts that Chinese players are forced to sign if they want to join any teams. For fucks sake, just read his Weibo post.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

emdash posted:

There have been Youth/B teams for several of the Chinese orgs for a while now, which is a lot more than essentially any non-Chinese team can say

Yes, obviously, that doesn't mean that Chinese teams are actually better at finding new players than EU teams are or what have you. They also sign those players to really lovely contracts so that they literally can't leave for several years. So they financially do support new players, but they certainly aren't finding more new players, and what they do when they find new players is really loving lovely. That's why it's not a good thing for all the Chinese teams to organize to buy up literally every new player and trap them in lovely loving contracts.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Yeah, isn’t this mostly just setting up a formal competition for all those Youth/B teams that already exist?

Formalizing the predatory policies of Chinese teams is really lovely and is why Valve should take a more hands on approach to every region.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

There was a Troll this game?

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

23 Savage GOD

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Excited for Team Anvorgesa to go to TI

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

What happened in the jstorm vs fwd game? I can't tell at all what happened in the game based on the dotabuff graph

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I only caught bits and pieces between work stuff but from what I did see it looked like FWD's teamfight was just significantly better than Jstorm

Really? It looks like it was only really CM that died, they just got massively outfarmed. I guess they just couldn't take fights without CM and so FWD just took all the towers and J Storm did nothing about it?

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

BSJ talking poo poo about Clinkz aghs and then it immediately giving Xolotl a 5 man wipe is the most appropriate thing. Clinkz aghs hitting creeps would be insanely overpowered and it's already one of the best aghs in the game.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Kyle is as good an analyst and caster as he was a captain

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Morph is gonna build aghs and then turn into Skywrath Mage and it will be extremely stupid

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

I don't understand why you would go Waveform Attacks Enemies when you could transform into your own Leshrac and have double diabolic edict going

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

He's going Daedelus because his goal is to transform into Ember Spirit, not Lesh. Daed Ember is great and in a very similar regard, Daed Waveform Attacks are great

I mean that's cool and all but like how does that change the game? Morphling didn't lack damage this game, they just needed lockdown for the AM. Being a Daedalus Ember is cool but couldn't you just be a Shadow Shaman instead? Or like an Axe or something? Idk, I'm obviously much worse at DotA.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Shadow Shaman is all single-target lockdown and you can't do that vs Ember AND Antimage. You grab the Ember and AM abyssals and kills you, you grab the AM and Ember quad remnants you to death. They weren't lacking damage only because of the Morphling, so you can't have him giving up that damage for utility. Transforming into Ember lets you do that damage from a safe distance, he's just the most valuable hero in the game to be, it's just way better to be him than any teammate and in that case the teammate talent is useless so why not get the waveform one

Idk, I still don't really get it. If you're an Ember, you have no way to kill AM or Ember so it doesn't matter that the damage you deal is safer. You have Linkens and BKB, you're really well situated to be relatively safe if you can stunlock one of the Aster cores. You can also Waveform in and use Call if you want an aoe stun. I just don't understand how you can ever kill Ember or AM if you're not turning into a hero with lockdown.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Literally not surprised that limmp didnít qualify to TI again. My man owns the lane but then always fucks up somehow someway in the mid to late game

Col did throw a 21k gold lead earlier in the qualifiers so I'm not sure why anyone would ever be surprised by Col throwing

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Reality Sinner posted:

China playoffs are starting with a 4 Mangos mid Brood

now a midas brood

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Omni went 2/4/4 because he's assuming he's going to get Doom'd every fight and in that situation, Purification doesn't actually do anything. Like, degen aura is pretty terrible but it's better than a skill that does literally nothing. Idk why the couch keeps bringing this up as being super weird and unexplainable.

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Forward is owning

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

First two Timber is uh confident, I guess

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

How many times has this Jakiro fed Ice Path to Rubick lmao

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Is Reso even going to be on a good team after his performance this year?

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Wow, J Storm bad.

Pain isn't really a bad loss tbh but yeah 5/5 players on J Storm are washed

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

tnc is cancelled, Alliance is now my favorite team

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Riki and Tide would like to have some words with you.

Riki is good now or at least not terrible. The worst hero is probably like Lycan or Luna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sampatrick
Sep 26, 2012

Yeah, Visage is definitely one of the better mids rn, you just need a lane where you know you won't get completely steamrolled.