Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

that was a cool rear end match. that loving centaur stomp turned the entire match. og's entire lead wiped in a single fight, and tundra just never let go of their momentum afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

i love the fact brame gave the aegis to the one true king. good luck killing him three times

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Alliance only has one game left I think, against hellbear smashers

Imagine how hilarious it would be if they lose that game now that they can't rely on the coach as much.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

has legion commander won a single game this league. every time i've seen it played, it seems like the lc does poo poo all

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Tundra played really well. Like that one insanely well timed ravage to kill Jugg just as he comes out of the spin, just at the edge of the Ravage. Well deserved win

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

emdash posted:

https://twitter.com/midormeepo/status/1395402270880288771?s=20

there is unsurprisingly a difference of opinion on the role of OG in getting him into the scene

I mean, one of the guys midormeepo credits with getting him into the scene is an OG guy so uh (Xavier is some OG org guy from a quick skim of his twitter)

nobody is looking that great in this. ceb probably should not have posted that private message to midormeepo, but midormeepo's decision to post it publicly wasn't all that great either.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

it just looks more sad than funny to me. why the gently caress is any of this being handled in public?

loving twitter rots everyone's brains

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

ElNarez posted:

holy gently caress how downward can this spiral get, this weekend is gonna be a bloodbath, especially if OG hit relegation

the real question is: do you think it's gonna be a large enough incident that Valve will be forced to launch a code of conduct for DPC teams

valve will not do any such thing unless stuff goes WAY overboard. like right now this is just idiotic arguing over twitter. nobody in valve is going to care about any of this

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

lmao that rage quit

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

if Noping does well at the Major they'd have a good shot at TI

no loving way that happens now though. team morale is going to be hosed

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Ragingsheep posted:

Aren't they only 2 out of 5 for holding passports?

oh right that was a thing. they don't have a lot of time to fix that.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

oh my god are they going to pick almost the same heroes again

edit: okay they started picking other heroes now

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

i spent 10 minutes researching what the gently caress are blockchain games, found an article that described one that was a game that a) worked poorly b) required you to buy some cryptocurrency to even play c) consisted solely of breeding and trading jpgs of cats. apparantely one was traded for 183k for some bizarre reason.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

insane axe call into aa blast there in execration vs ig. saves a support and kills three heroes

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

doesn't look good, antimage is insanely ahead pre-20 mins

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Nice to see that a team that is already out still decides to go out swinging - and if they can win a second match, I think that eliminates IG?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

holy poo poo that last push was fast

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

please do not leave out that they were up 2-0 and also winning in game three and threw the whole series

rtz curse is very strong.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

aww, missed a good series apparantely. oh well.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

wtf is this nigma vs liquid game, there was 11 kills 5 mins in

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

liquid vs nigma's game 2 has nigma ursa going pretty ham early game. triple kills from two different heroes (first hero to die tp'd back and fed again) to diving behind t2 before t1 is down...

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

and then liquid suddenly teamwipes nigma who has aegis. there goes nigma's lead

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

9 heroes from liquid died that fight

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

EorayMel posted:

why is viper red

i literally thought it was batrider as i glanced at it. weird loving skin

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Its pretty nice that coming up to the final day of the group stage, second top 2 spot is still uncertain and its not yet clear who gets eliminated - Beastcoast is probably one, but with those brood games against Team Spirit, Liquid is still alive.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

game bugged, our ta too strong pls fix volvo
-psg.lgd

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Ragingsheep posted:

LGD winning pretty much guarantees Nigma 2nd place

if beastcoast somehow 2-0's nigma and either eg or tnc 2-0 their opponent there's a 2-way tie - if eg and tnc both 2-0 and nigma loses 0-2, there's a threeway tie.

problem is beastcoast would have to go full beastmode to do that - and that exact scenario where both eg and tnc 2-0 their games is the only way they get out of the group stage as well.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

oh nice, aui and slacks cast on tnc vs spirit

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

lmao i took a quick wc break as the pause began, and when i came back, game over

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Taffer posted:

How does it work this year? Are there open qualifiers again? Or is there some other DPC-type qualifier?

regional closed qualifiers, every team that's been in the leagues and didn't qual for TI is there, I think

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

first game of the playoffs, and T1 gets last pick brood

edit: lmao and ofc technical difficulties with the second caster to start the day off

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

this already looks very bad for aster. its going pretty much like most brood games have been going during the group stage

edit: i have a feeling brood is going to get hit with the nerf hammer super hard after the major lol

SpiritOfLenin fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jun 9, 2021

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

if quincy crew plays like this against t1 loser's bracket awaits lmao

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

TNC just straight up outskilled Aster in the long run

that loss must feel horrible for Aster. lose a broodmama game where you were super ahead at one point

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think there will probably not be a lot of if any tournaments that do this whole "direct placement seeding" situations because all these teams are just exploding

i think a big part of it that a meta has formed throughout the tournament, and so all these teams that fought their way through wild card and groups have a pretty good handle on it, and the teams that didn't, well, they don't really fully get how to play the meta

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

both the timber surviving so long on so little hp and eg diving endlessly to try and kill him and the sven escape near the end were so amazing

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

i legit think in those last moments if np had been teamfighting instead of split pushing, quincy might have held their base. but lmao

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

quincy crew gonna disband immediately after ti, where they flunk out in the group stage

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

This VG draft sucks

lmao at this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

jenkins is an unhealthy boy