Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Team Cancer: VP put moustaches on and randomly click a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

I haven't been able to follow the quals this week, but given the comments thus far is there any point?

It seems like the general consensus is a poo poo sandwich.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

How is ixmike level 2 at 5 min?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Beast coast falling for beast bait.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Fire the observer.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

It's interesting how much money flows into this game for TI and Valve reciprocates with Young Invoker.

How skelatal is the skeleton crew servicing DotA?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Wasn't Mason persona non grata for the longest time?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Can BTS kick Mason out?

The man behaves like a 13 y/o.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Grant low-key dropped Mason wouldn't be invited back.

Please be true.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Alliance with the bad-rear end throws.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

The after game interview is going to be cringy.

I don't know how you don't just say that was sad.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Wasn't the general DotA 2 thread gassed a half dozen times because of JPJ?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

I'm so happy to see the mmr ranks rework because I loved the ranked roles concept but hated the fact that you have to play with Plus to participate.

I think the more granular nature will benefit primary support players much more than the solo rank ever did.

Edit: As a support if you hit certain metrics of fight participation, support items, and vision, shouldn't splitting rank to focus on support result in a large leap over current mmr regardless if you win or not?

Dunite fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 7, 2019

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

ILL Machina posted:

ultimately the real evaluation of that role-expertise concept, is more like "do you win while doing support things".

The simplicity of the system is one of its strengths.

More so I was hoping that supports would be less evaluated on if their whiny crybaby chose to play the game rather than throw.

If you do all of your support work while your carries throw their tantrums you can still see some mild success.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Stick to the multi stream or bail and choose a single stream?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Someone mentioned Uighurs and the state crashed the stream.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Trump just announced new tariffs on internet "packets" to reduce the traffic deficit.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Do people even like on ear headphones? All of the casters spend a ton of time under the grip of their headsets and I'd think that would add up after a while.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Yoshi Wins posted:

Did ANYONE know that the BKB active is called "Avatar"? Has anyone in the history of this game ever actually said that before?

I bet this is the poo poo EE does to his team and why noone will play with him.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

EG fans can keep slobbing on that NA best ever knob.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Robo Turnus posted:

Dendi shared his special secret juice with them.

Is this the liquid extracted from his pudge suit?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Any idea if the opening ceremony will be streamed?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Looks like Valve put PGL behind the cameras and told the locals to hold the lights and mics.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Get some engineers to get these guys in a soundproof booth.

It's impossible to make out what's being said unless the casters shout.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

LMAO at the game casters desk dimensions.

Someone forgot to convert from imperial to metric.

They look like midgets.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

I like how most of the fan videos all deal with subjects that piss off the community.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

EG go home

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Oh God ppd looks like death.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Every Gamer You Like Is Actually A Piece Of poo poo

Puppey???!!????

Or Insania?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Does twitch encode commentator input separate?

I would pay for premium if I could mute Tobi.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Why does side Gunner work in Chrono?

Should that not be an autopatch?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

emdash posted:

http://blog.dota2.com/2019/09/matchmaking-update-for-the-next-ranked-season/

for those of you who still play, a bunch of (potentially) good changes coming to ranked

These changes look amazing, all I see in ranked right now is support pos 4 Invoker going Midas carry and pos 1 Carry afk farm with 0 tower damage and less hero damage than pos 5 support.

Along with role reports it should help clear this out.

Edit: Am worried about behavior score ban as I'm a filthy techies picker, that even though I carry and win my games, I get all kinds of reports from the salty enemy.

Dunite fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 17, 2019

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

Well what's your behavior score? I'm sure that it has to be pretty drat low to get into the territory they are talking about in that post there. In my mind an exceptionally low behavior score is something like under 1k? Maybe under 500? They don't go into the negatives right?

An aside: I noticed my behavior score dropping a bit and I made an effort to clean up and I'm back up near 10k!

Wow, didn't even know it went that low, I'm between 5 and 6k on a bad week where I pick like 20 techies games, but my winrate averages 75% with techies. I probably don't have to worry.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Am I though???

I do pick techies and get called a sociopath often.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm a bit confused by this post, do you want people to start reporting pos 4 Invoker? I think it usually sucks in poo poo tier mmr land but it isn't like exploiting ranked queue or anything.

They queue as support, pick Invoker and build as pos 1. Right now you can only report as did not play lane, rather than did not play role.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

What about a Midas recipe cool down on par with a gem?

First person to it makes sense but the choice to wait or actually get other items is the trade off.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

I think Alliance is a really good team and would have gone pretty far in TI if Insania didn't misclick

Can you misclick disband?

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hit me up on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg/ for a guild invite

or post in LLJK chatroom in dota. Just invited a few folks

Sent a friend request to get a guild invite.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

That AM persona is pure garbage... I feel bad for all the people who spent money to try and get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Zurreco posted:

For D+, they completely poo poo the bed by releasing zero content when the community is actively offering new cosmetics to sell, with the only request that they get some semblance of compensation for the work. That it took this long for Valve to hand cosmetic creation back to their own workshop was SUCH a misstep that they've probably lost 50% of their D+ subs.

I really want to love this game, but I just don't understand how a game can receive so little work in a year's time.

It's seems like the crew responsible for updates sits around all year doing nothing, but as long as the game makes money management doesn't care.

Is there just a lot of unfinished work that sits around?