Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

It's not like they've been performing amazingly, but EHOME rocking 3 TI winners (faith_bian, y', ferrari_430) has been fun to watch in quals so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what perfection looks like.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Holy poo poo this nyx vs. centaur stalemate.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Ugh do I stay up late for Liquid - Chaos or get up early for Liquid- Secret?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

so what's everyone starting with?

My starting preference is Secret/Alliance > Liquid/Newbee > TNC/Keen > LGD/Chaos, but when it comes down to it, I'll tune into games for heroes I want to watch over teams I want to watch during the group stages.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

I do wonder how long until some player gets in deep poo poo for talking about Hong Kong

Twitch chat is already spamming about HK and Tienanmen, unsurprisingly.

I also wouldn't be surprised if GabeN didn't warn the orgs about the consequences of interfering with the biggest cash cow region for the game. We already saw James get severed for it.

^^e;fb

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Two first pick Miranas and one Mirana ban. What do they know that we do not?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

LGD/Chaos is GrandGrant/Kyle and the lineups look mostly fun so this is my stream now

I'm watching the NA/EU grudge match with Liquid/Newbee, but I'm intrigued about whether the continuous chain of Underlord buffs has produced a hero broken on the pro scene.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Wait what the poo poo, Secret is very behind?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Someone post secret_TI5_reversed.gif

e, nm:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

schmitty9800 posted:

Tiny can scale but Alliance don't have tower hitters other than when DP ult is up.

I mean, that's a very very big thing to exclude when talking about pushing potential.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

LGD beats Chaos, bring on MORE underlord buffs.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

ElNarez posted:

this is the most a team's been owned by fear since CDEC

:chanpop:
:puckin:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Don't frown because they lost, smile because this happened.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Support kidvoker, time to update my ban priorities.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

CM gets +250 ASP or something at level 20. Maybe that's good enough?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

BigBarbieNotail is now drafting.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Gyro went 11-2 today yikes

And his winrate goes DOWN (2-1) if you look at only the games he was paired with io.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I'm hoping EG pull it together enough to have a complete clownshoes match versus OG in an hour, that's all I want from today.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

In other news, VG/VP is pretty loving even and features Paparazzi abusing the everloving poo poo out of morph aghs to copy his ally earthshaker

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Abed meepo just made it through picks

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

ZZZorcerer posted:

Any must see game besides the OGxNiP?

If you like Morph aghs shenanigans:

Alliance/ Keen G2 (featuring allied pudge)

VP/VG G1 from last night if you missed it (feat. allied Earthshaker + Daedalus)

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Infamous just drafted Slardar AND last picked Huskar.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Just lmao that Io is 3-3 without Ana, and 7-3 with him.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Red - Ember
Green - Earth
Blue - Storm
Purple - new spirit when????'

quote this post when it's revealed hell yeah do crimes

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

"poo poo yeah, Shanghai" - GabeN

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Can't believe Ana going to beat the entire world with supports.

I'm here for it.

Oh man if Ana wins the final game with aghs Willow.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Forgive me for talking meta, but:

Clinkz

Tiny (non-green) bone bro has been getting heavy buffs in recent patches (partly to make up for how dependent he was on aquila compared to other heroes) and has risen to be a pub winrate monster. He's being played either as a mid, or in the SEA special, as a 4 who provides great lane harass, scouting, and an ultimate that scales so so well with levels and talents and items. Particularly because of his ultimate he has surpassed venomancer levels of just making GBS threads out incidental damage and getting kills without even meaning to.

There was a lot of talk about Clinkz being a potential breakout for the TI meta because of how strong his damage output is, especially with how strong his aghanims scales for core clinkz, however:

-he's got no waveclear
-he's got no stun/control
-his attack animation is terrible for last hitting
-he doesn't even have a nuke to secure ranged creeps like the other heroes with poo poo animations (lina, zeus, prophet)
-he evaporates to ganks with dust like a fart in the wind

So through the entire group stage, Clinkz got picked a grand total of one time, by Alliance, and while qojqva managed to draw his lane and deal the most damage of anyone in the game, they ultimately lost.

So more insightful threadshitters, is Clinkz just still too bad to stand up against organized teams, or is there still a chance for him to have an impact, even if as a niche pick?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

LMAO they have purge and synd on boxes next to tsunami

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

IncendiaC posted:

wait is tsunami really that short? i thought the picture of him standing on a box next to sheever was a joke. am i getting wooshed here??

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that they're leaning into the meme and have synd and purge elevated.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Knowlue posted:

fy rubick :getin:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Morph/ES:

aw poo poo, here we go again

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Zurreco posted:

2-0 LGD but game 1 is gonna be a bloodbath (hopefully)

:puckin:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Nasgate posted:

Brew is a high skill cap hero but doesn't scale for poo poo. And not even playing in years, just looking at all the lineups in the matches I've watched; it's all about scaling.

ReWinter posted:

Morph against Gyro, VP have a solid draft going assuming brew is playable?

Brew gets 100 AS at level 20 and a +175% crit damage at 25. He's still bad in lane but he scales very well.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Which group stage game had a Bloodseeker?

https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/10749-the-international-2019/matches?hero=bloodseeker

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Knowlue posted:

I'm not sure how gyro comes back in this game versus a morph here

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Only 11 hours till the next games :puckout:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

loving lmao that we've hit the point where the analysts are assuming io's a core pick

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Remember when n0tail went by BigDaddy and he grew a bad moustache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Pieliedie is beautiful but I'm not going to cheer against my 6-0 ET boy n0tail