Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7n7l8L3Bx0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

AM exploding all five Monkey Kings is the most excited I've been watching Dota in years

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Please god let 23Savage March Febby and the other two go to TI

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

The double charge on the Shaman lmao

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Thinking about it, Morphling having Spirit Breaker's charge is probably the scariest thing on Earth

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Asking for a remake and then spamming joke heroes until you accidentally pick the wrong hero for your TI Qualification Grand Finals and then subsequently asking for another remake is like the Trumpeter descending from the heavens to signal that, yes, this is indeed South American Dota

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Me, when all normal matches are happening: stream on second monitor, mostly playing a game and not paying attention

Me during bot TI: eyes fuckin GLUED

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Grant, the ultimate hypeman

"We're gonna need sound on this-" IMMEDIATE ESPORTS JAMS

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

man I am really hoping they nerf Morph before TI

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

BSJ talking poo poo about Clinkz aghs and then it immediately giving Xolotl a 5 man wipe is the most appropriate thing. Clinkz aghs hitting creeps would be insanely overpowered and it's already one of the best aghs in the game.

"And here for our professional analysis we have BSJ, whose claim to fame is being a living joke and not even being able to make it into the closed qualifiers"

also man the NA panel rules. China would've been better if it was just Basskip and Purge, Kyle was acting like a weird pervert all night

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Grant and Blitz talking about Dark Seer being way overvalued, but I think the same is true of Spirit Breaker. Bulldoze is crazy, but it's basically the same thing as Timbersaw, where you can just sort of ignore him and focus on the rest of his team and you'll win the fight anyways

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Picslaeder or however you spell his name just ghosted his team and Young Suck voluntarily forfeited. That was their last game of the day but I'd be surprised if they actually play tomorrow either

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 12, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Reality Sinner posted:

The dirty secret of last ti was results would vary every time you ran it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Im already sick of every single one of Kyle's sentences being some sort of derail about making GBS threads on Nahaz over some random topic. Basskip and Purge clearly wanted to talk about the games/drafts last night and I know Nahaz will too but Kyle is just so obnoxious

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is a cabal going to be sundered

Don't test me I'll do it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Had a bunch of people in the Dota 2 thread laugh at the 1-4-1 Skywrath build. Told them a ton of high-rank skywrath spammers and top leaderboard players did the build and they just sort of stopped responding.

Aster's Skywrath has 1-3-1 skill build. Looking down at my high horse at all these pitiful haters.......

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Red Red Blue posted:

Skywrath W does nuts damage now and is huge range, what else would you max on support?

People think you max Q because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

I don't understand why you would go Waveform Attacks Enemies when you could transform into your own Leshrac and have double diabolic edict going

He's going Daedelus because his goal is to transform into Ember Spirit, not Lesh. Daed Ember is great and in a very similar regard, Daed Waveform Attacks are great

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

I mean that's cool and all but like how does that change the game? Morphling didn't lack damage this game, they just needed lockdown for the AM. Being a Daedalus Ember is cool but couldn't you just be a Shadow Shaman instead? Or like an Axe or something? Idk, I'm obviously much worse at DotA.

Shadow Shaman is all single-target lockdown and you can't do that vs Ember AND Antimage. You grab the Ember and AM abyssals and kills you, you grab the AM and Ember quad remnants you to death. They weren't lacking damage only because of the Morphling, so you can't have him giving up that damage for utility. Transforming into Ember lets you do that damage from a safe distance, he's just the most valuable hero in the game to be, it's just way better to be him than any teammate and in that case the teammate talent is useless so why not get the waveform one

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Alchenar posted:

I think that Kyle gets poo poo unnecessarily because part of his role on panels is to fill down time with noise and obviously a lot of that noise is going to be nonsense but it's still better than awkward silence while waiting for the next game.

Nah, Kyle thinks that he's the designated funnyman in every group that he's in and tries to one-up every person constantly to the point where he doesn't care about what other people are talking about, he just needs to say something. Nahaz told one dad joke, Kyle immediately starts interrupting discussions to tell four of them. Repeat ad infinitum.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

lurksion posted:

RIP COL?

E: Or feed the other way I guess

I watched TB take a rax uncontested and called the game and went to go make dinner and now it's a 10k gold lead for Radiant. Hmmm.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Im not sure what's more wild, the Mid Bounty Hunter being so known BSJ was able to know what lane he was going to, or the fact that Blacksheep knew how bad the Ember vs Bounty Hunter mid matchup is that they dodged the lane

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Thanks Morphling, very cool

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

I Love North America

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Ravus posted:

How did the blinkless waddle-master win that game. (Boris, Boris is the answer).

B9 hit the Morph pretty much every time with the Ice Blast too, which is impressive considering how mobile the Morph is

e: awwww man they have to beat Jstorm to actually go to playoffs, I don't think there's any way they pull it off

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 12, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

every NA team only lost to teams ahead of them in the standings

a perfect round robin

The System Works

also shoutout to huge brain poetry gently caress nahaz haters

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 13, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

I was thinking last night about how funny it is for all the casters to be so excited about getting take-out of even dubious quality. God bless America.

Also that was an incredible teamfight for Forward, they look really good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Honestly Forward has looked the best of any of the open quali teams. Going into this most people thought China was the most competitive region but I don't know how they're going to stand up to a team that wants to play like this.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

goatface posted:

These guys are still looking like they have no idea how to deal with a timber.

They seemed to have just figured it out in this fight, and the correct answer was "just walk around him"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

The collective "EAUGH" when Shaker uses ult and explodes four of them

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Not sure why there are so many bot TI matches tonight but I won't complain

There's only one more night to go so they need to get through them I think

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Morphling posted:

Base armor reduced by 1

Morph scepter no longer reduces cooldowns by 35%
Morph scepter now allows ally targeting

Level 20 Talent changed from Morph Targets Allies to +15% Cooldown Reduction

This uh...seems a little bit better I guess

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

I wonder what they're doing to allow for custom models and map edits and stuff? Possible just running a custom game mode in the Arcade? Because man I'd like to get in on the work of making meme hero models

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

lurksion posted:

Apparently there is random tier dota happening at
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/World_Cyber_Games/2019

This is the tournament that has each country represented by a team, so right now it's Germany v China.

Fun fact, China is just CDEC. Team Germany has their team spray as the logo for Royal Never Give Up, who knocked CDEC out of the TI Qualifiers in the finals. They're dropping it all over the ground in fights

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

If you ever visit one of the Chinese twitch wanna-be sites like Douyu or Panda, there's usually a fair number of people playing it.

By the way, if you've never been to one of said websites, you should check it out because man it's wild in there

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

hahayup posted:

I tried playing this game for the first time a few days ago and whoooweeee steep learning curve it seems. I found myself sitting in the middle of the map looking through the menu of a hundred different little items half the time. Can you be successful at this game just by following one of the simpler item guides?

If you're just learning the game, I'm not sure if you've tried Turbo mode or not, but that's one of the things I'd actually not advise people to try. It's going to give you a totally weird sense for how the game works that will be really difficult to adjust to if you go into regular games that are a lot longer and function completely differently. On the flipside though, if you never really care about playing ranked or anything and just want to play for fun (as much fun as you can have in a strictly competitive game, anyways), you could consider only playing turbo and never branching out into the regular game mode, because it's way more time intensive and way more toxic.

On the same note, don't spend too much time playing against bots. Practicing heroes is fine but you're going to get a bad sense of how people actually play the game. Bot's are beyond just training wheels mode, even on the highest difficulty setting. It's like playing chess against someone who doesn't use knights at all.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

An interesting inversion of this story is that I've tried to play League with very little regularity for the last like...year or so, but it's really hard to really get a solid understanding of what each hero does because you can't play as them. I had to 1v1 against Riven I think her name is? and I still have no idea what she does. Dota even has tooltips saying "hey if you're having trouble against a certain hero, pick that hero so you can figure out what it's bad at" and that's for definitely true. There used to be a ton of hype around the all-hero challenge, and it's kind of sad that that's been dropping in favor of compendium challenges that require you to buy-in, because those sorts of incentives are great for new players to try all the heroes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

I have tried many times to quit dota, and if there's anything I've learned from my experiences of not playing Dota for 6+ months at a time it's not to do it because when you come back and recalibrate your MMR the game's gonna put you way below where you were so you'll have to waste a bunch of time gradually trying to get back to where you were pre-quit.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Man the kid invoker set is uh...really really really bad

try guessing what this is

it's a Forge Spirit

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 30, 2016

Dunite posted:

It's interesting how much money flows into this game for TI and Valve reciprocates with Young Invoker.

How skelatal is the skeleton crew servicing DotA?

At one point, someone in Valve said that the team who made Artifact was thirteen people, and that was the development of an entire game. So, almost definitely less than that, especially considering how infrequently they do content patches, which now only happen a few times a year. They also barely do any modeling, outsourcing most of that work. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the full-time Dota team was only like...five or six people, with a few more shifting over in December to start working on the Battle Pass