Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

sugar free jazz posted:

what the hell are the names for clips generated from.

more falafel please posted:

it's just a human-readable unique identifier, so mapping a random but unique number onto a string of english words instead of youtube style where it's encoded like "_-GaXa8tSBE"

https://gfycat.com/NippyKindLangur

https://gfycat.com/BrutalSavageRekt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Seems like you need a different anime clip

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Sab669 posted:

Is there some sort of alternative to Twitch for watching DOTA? Like even a site that just re-streans from Twitch lol.

Our network filter at the office is weird. I can go to Twitch, everything works fine EXCEPT for the video is blocked.

Usually some people restream twitch on youtube

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm curious, what has the pro reaction to changes to the game like neutral items seemed to be? i mean i'm sure it's hard to sum up something so wide with anything concrete, but i was wondering if some pros got really turned off by it or really loved the additions. people like that are sure to have pretty distinct opinions on things of that sort. so much has changed over the years, yet it's still dota beneath it all.

Haven't seen many pro's opinions on it, but I remember Sumail said something to the effect of "you think this is random? Rune spawns can literally win or lose you mid, random items are nothing".

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Up Circle posted:

ppd probably does support cops, if we're being real

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Jerk McJerkface posted:

tbf, slack is playing in 2k games.

slacks is 5k, OP.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Slacks point of "you're going to remember the good times, and forget the bad times due to cognitive biases" is not disproven by "good times".

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Johnny Joestar posted:

why does slacks hate windrunner so much

This is thoroughly explained in a 28 min video :colbert:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Reddit is a trashfire and I noped out of that thread real fast.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Indeed

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Zurreco posted:

So what is the working list of personalities who aren't somehow complicit in this? Is it just Fogged and Lyrical?

e: Pyrion and Shane are probably cool too

Apparently
https://twitter.com/Wickedscosplay/status/1275329964791853057

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Goddamn the replies

"If I can't pressure women into sex, then what can I do?"

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Tiger Millionaire posted:

hosed up that the guy called 'Capitalist' is one of the best people in the scene.

For real, good on cap for using his platform to do the right thing.

And he's such a dumb bitcoin moron too.

But yeah, good on him.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

NtotheTC posted:

Just curious do we all still laugh at Fly's heel turn and how he cursed himself to never anything in DOTA for the rest of eternity? Or just me.

I chuckle occasionally.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Andrast posted:

I appreciate having a heel team

:hmmyes:

Though having them named evil geniuses is a bit on the nose.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Feel like ceb's twitter antics has helped with the shift in public opinion as well.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

jeef posted:

And today Purge got hacked. Hope he gets his YT channel back.

According to purge on reddit, the hack was set up in advance of the election/political stream, so can't be a direct response.

Hacker impersonated a game developer and tried to do a deal with purges manager, sent a file that was supposed to be an in development game.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

ElNarez posted:

I don't know, I feel like it's gonna get worse; and either way at this level of competition, under that much visibility, someone needs to tell these people to shut the gently caress up for their own good, and it should be up to Valve to take charge? I'm at the point where it's hard to know whether to be amused or just genuinely worried.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

jsoh posted:

or maybe it means that og is going to recruit iceberg the dota player

:hmmyes: