Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I enjoy ceb having a sad look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
When was w33 in the grand finals previously?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Topsons a right lad

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
1000 yard stare from kuroky

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
OG gonna pull some funny poo poo next draft i hope

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Knowlue posted:

did they announce where TI will be held next year? I can't do another year of asia timezones

Stockholm

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Craptacular! posted:

Can’t wait until next TI when that goblin grandmother of the year is the hero teams dread to face head-on.

I think people don’t like when grand finals look suspiciously similar to pubs, and so the complaining and reflections to TI4 over these stomps are mostly because OG used low cooldowns that do moderate amounts of damage and denied Liquid the high cooldown moves associated with big plays like ravage and black hole.

We like that poo poo because we can’t actually hear the players talk, so seeing a team hiding smoked in the trees waiting to spring a big move is about the only time the audience is witness to the strategy discussion. OG’s strategy, without the comms, just looks like a bunch of diving and clowny manfighting. Obviously they’re a super talented team and conformed to the winning playstyle, but the vulnerability they found in Icefrog’s design this year was a pretty stupid one.

Yeah i thought this TI was great too

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Imagine not liking Purge

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Tasteless and Artosis dont even play starcraft 2

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
watching back some of the ti finals, topson on that pugna in game 3, jesus man

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

That game was such a treat for me to watch. I absolutely love that little bag of bones.

The moment where w33 tripped the ward with refraction and couldn't blink away was :allears:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I finished all my jungle rooms and didn't get anything special fml

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sampatrick posted:

Also, no, that's not really true. Player skill is still more important than most other things.

2 time TI winner Sebastien "7ckingmad" DebS laughs heartily as NA #1 Arteezy continues to never win a TI.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If NA gets nothing and the UK gets another ESL that would be crazy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

emdash posted:

In unsurprising but good news, beastcoast is going to the major

see what happens when you drop ixmike

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sumail has a fabulous beard

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Holy poo poo Universe is 30

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
pretty crazy poo poo right here, this courier madness is gonna make pro games insane

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

emdash posted:

if anything, at this point they should change the name to just DOTA

that would be a cool change

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The items are probably a super negative if you are playing dota at an organised level but i just mostly get high and hit creeps :shrug:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

silvergoose posted:

Yep this is exactly the same argument as "how can Munchkin be a bad game, I have fun playing it drunk with my friends".

I'm not insulting you btw, just that argument pops up in the boardgame thread a lot and it's...it's bad.

Its an absolutely fair comment. Every single time i play dota I'm high as gently caress playing with a good friend. Playing without both sounds miserable.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Its RNG you can't see coming. Like yeah Chaos Knight has RNG but its fundamental tp his design. Runes are RNG but you know when and where they can become a factor

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

NtotheTC posted:

I guess I just don't see why this is seen as RNG rather than a meta change.

Its the part where the items are Random.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
wee-ranger

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wait what you can rearm repair jit?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
holy poo poo secret are styling on alliance here 15 kills to none 12 minutes in

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm stuck at an airport for a couple hours, and I was excited I'd get to watch the matches, but man this S v A match is just boring.

:chloe:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I don't understand that meme. Usually I'm on the cutting edge of internet humor,but that one I don't follow.

its a child who gave a very concerned look after being told she was going to Disneyland

in this context it means I'm astonished you are finding the team secret v alliance game boring when the alternative is sitting in an airport

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I really appreciate the context.

But seriously, this game is boring. On the back of the other games today (80 minute games) this series is a let down.

oh it's over.

That's fair enough man its the only game I've seen today and i was enjoying the stomping haha

:black101:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ramsezz just doesn't seem like he fits as an EG player

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Aww poo poo

Which game was it where rtz refused to fight às an anti mage when they were 2 rax down and kept running away?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Walh Hara posted:

EG vs OG game 3 in upper bracket at the latest TI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYw9ndneKA

Haha thanks I completely forgot it was a TI game, I remember some nice doto memes with that one

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Meepo meepo meepo meepo meepo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've never understood why gorgc gets so many viewers

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
They should do a TI in the UK

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

Is there some sort of alternative to Twitch for watching DOTA? Like even a site that just re-streans from Twitch lol.

Our network filter at the office is weird. I can go to Twitch, everything works fine EXCEPT for the video is blocked.

I was watching ESL Birmingham last night on Youtube via my switch, its not perfect because obviously not every stream is mirrored on youtube but its good for the bigger tournaments

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
any time you doubt s4 just remember he could have went pro in CS but he stayed with dota just cuz

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i can tell i've returned to dota when a pubstar pudge picker

Jenkins?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

he made meme dota 2 videos for a while until that new zealander dota 2 titty streamer moved in with him

Zurreco posted:

Baumi is also big on addressing this kind of poo poo ever since he married his wife as she has been open about the harassment she gets as a streamer.

She got harassment sitting with her tits out playing Dota 2 for donations? Who would have thought

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I always tried to give tobi the benefit of the doubt but can't really say that anymore, feel bad for Synderyn right now, what a horrid thing to go though for him and his partner