Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

which discord y'all at btw, is that a thing?

This one was linked upthread.

https://discord.gg/Y9V8Uw

I think it's for anime but there's a dota channel.

Kortel posted:

I'd lurk there. I'm still kind of on the fence with BnR. They seem probation happy, some stuff is just disagreements with the mods.

At least three mod/admins there have admitted to being sex pests, so...

IncendiaC posted:

Without having any other information besides those 2 screenshots, Singsing seems like a womanizing rear end in a top hat, but not an actual rapist/sexual predator. Not exactly glowing praise here but IMO there is a difference between being a trashy PUA and what Tobi/Grant/Demon did.

e: just noticed the new SA announcements, hopefully lowtax can just gently caress off forever without the forums dying. This is only place where I can shitpost about dota (twitter sucks and reddit is, well, reddit)

What happened with demon? I've only heard the Grant/Tobi things.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jun 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

I mean there's only 1 person banned recently that posts in this thread

:iiam:

Huh.

At least this is getting out now.

I'm glad Pflax was both supportive of victims and reflecting on how he could do better. That's about as much as I could ask for.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

i now have the queen of pain arcana and it feels like what her model would be as a baseline if the game was released this year, lmao

anyways, it rules. technically i have the skeleton king thing as well but that's such a boring loving hero.

The little riff it plays when you get a kill or reincarnate is awesome, though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alchenar posted:

At the point at which you are getting accused of child abuse I absolutely do not blame him for stepping the gently caress away.

e: dotatalk, looks like Icefrog really wants people to stick to their lane

Yeah but the XP buff for kills makes roaming worth it if you're sure you can get a kill.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm torn on the new blademail, the loss of the int hurts heroes like undying that can always use more mana/mana regen but the passive seems goofy as hell and worth it for that alone

The whole meta seems to be tilting a bit towards right clicking so the new passive will be good for that.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don't know if I'm dreaming but it seems like dying in a fight is punished extra hard now as well. Like if a core and a support go up against an enemy and the enemy kills the core but then the support kills the enemy it seems like the support is better equipped to be taking the lead in that lane for the next 5 minutes after that. (Disclosure: I'm very bad at dota.)

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This new patch might not be good but it certainly is fun. Kills are worth an absolute poo poo-load of experience so you have to actually be careful now. I died once to a mid StormSpirit and my support died protecting me and he was three levels up on me from then on and just absolutely trounced the game, which, you know what? Good, that's how it should be. Also, I feel less bad when I've been running an absolute train on ranked with Riki mid, going like 20/3/20 every game

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, Nyx was a Crypt Lord, Sand King was an Aracthinid, Mirana was a Priestess of the Moon and Luna was a Huntress.

But yeah. some heroes have tons of bad cosmetics. I hate all the jugg ones that ruin his colour palette.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fem antimage is out

I don't think I like how valley girl it is.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mage Basher is too good not to use.

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, i dunno what you two are going on about. this poo poo is better designed than base anti-mage.

I think it looks fine, it's basically female anti mage. I just don't like her voice at all.

I'd also like to be able ot other other cosmetics. I didn't know you couldn't since the Invoker one looks and sounds garbage so I didn't get it.

also big losing streak, divine 2 to ancient 4. rip i suck when i cant cheese everything with necro book.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was there another matchmaking update that completely screwed things or something, because after i fell from divine 1 to ancient 5 I immediately started getting low legend supports and getting utterly stomped.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently basher doesn';t work on any of the enemies in this mode lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really miss the old dota artist who did the cool masks and polynesian styled designs instead of all these dreamworks looking dudes.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ItsSafeNow

if anyone wants to add me to try this with non-pubs, hit me up

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Caustic Finale has been reworked. Attacking an enemy now places a debuff that slows the enemy by 10/15/20/25% movement speed for 5 seconds. If the target dies during the 5 second debuff, an explosion deals 70/90/110/130 + 10/14/18/22% of the target's max health in a 500 AoE.

buffed is an understatement

Eh. assuming it still doesn't trigger on denies it won't be that great imo, but it'll make tied lanes into won ones.

also no matter how much you buff spin damage talent people will never want it valve because spin is not good damage lmao

make it -80% attack speed or something like for swiftblade.

sugar free jazz posted:

it's a big patch and they reverted a ton of changes and did a ton of buffs

split shot reverted, tree grab reverted, clinkz reverted, flesh golem reverted, atrophy aura reverted, leech seed reverted and a whole lot more

why does valve only ever revert changes I like :smith:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 16, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and nerfs all around for aghanim's labrynth

it was fun while it lasted.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knowlue posted:

Valve bullied into action/responding by blog posts, a tale as old an time

Skillful how they managed to avoid saying much of value, though.

ElNarez posted:

one more and they have a team

pretty sure that's child abuse.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 6, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao the thing about the pennants is so insanely scummy even for valve.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:siren:Dota Plus Update:siren:
https://blog.dota2.com/2020/10/update-to-dota-plus-and-guilds/

They're planning on releasing Dota Plus updates every 3 months. I suspect it will last 6 months.

Also they want to transition to updates throughout the year instead of just around The International. (This won't happen.)

Dota dying because Valve is just loving awful.

This is cool but uh yeah, we'll see about that valve.

My money is on 3 months.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurreco posted:

Valve has such a transparently bad approach to generating new content for DOTA. I get that their main goal is to make money, but they've painted themselves into a corner by tying all of it to either BPs or D+ and then not delivering.

For the former, they put a lot of time into making solid adds or game modes (Diretide, Siltbreaker, now Aghs Lab), getting players to love it, and then pulling the content when they can no longer charge for BP access. Meanwhile, the arcade constantly provides them with new content/concepts and they either ignore it entirely or sit on their hands while developers end up going to a competitor. Supporting the arcade, or at least arcade creators, seems like a no brainer for unlimited content, but they can't sell cosmetics if they go that route.

For D+, they completely poo poo the bed by releasing zero content when the community is actively offering new cosmetics to sell, with the only request that they get some semblance of compensation for the work. That it took this long for Valve to hand cosmetic creation back to their own workshop was SUCH a misstep that they've probably lost 50% of their D+ subs.

I sort of feel like valve is insulted people would even want 5 cents from every set they sell or something, from what that article Kyle wrote said about pennants.

Kild posted:

She can be played in basically any role to some degree. Mid being probably her weakest.

Feels like she'd be awful at 1 too because of the aura changes, but what do I know? :shrug:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The real question now is will they be able to stop the thousands of bots that will destroy the mode.

No.

(they won't try either)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything is bugged

one of my friends picked undying and just had infinite aegis

same with linkens when I picked qop

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 30, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

On a whim today I decided to try watching some games in VR but the VR client refused to load correctly.

Is this just me, or is Dota2 VR unmaintained / dead?

I dunno that doesn't sound like valve to me.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if at this rate TIX will still be on 7.27

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

https://blog.dota2.com/2020/11/upcoming-updates/

Maybe they're finally gonna do a bubble like all the other esports?

update: stay tuned for tne update

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's really bad news for the pro scene, if it's saying "yeah being 8th best team isn't financially viable. hey who wants to sponsor the 9th-16th best teams???"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why is every new hero some kind of horrible and boring furry poo poo

Jugg spin no longer turns your DPS to 0, maybe he'll be good again???

e: joining a game auto DCs you and you need to manually rc lmao

e2:

OUTWORLD DESTROYER
Renamed from Outworld Devourer to Outworld Destroyer

lmao

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 17, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

This feels like a nostalgia patch, a lot of heroes are getting back abilities they haven't had in years.

Edit: But not stackable proximity mines, cowards

Where is Urna Swarm, valve? :argh:

mfcrocker posted:

Well, there's sure a lot of stuff in this patch :stare:

It's going to be less of a change than say, the patch that added talents or neutral items, because there's only so many games that you want to spend 1400 on a zero stat item, imo.

Some shards are totally worth it though.

EorayMel posted:

Epicenter now uses cast time instead of channel time
Epicenter radius increase from 275->725 to 500->725
Level 15 Talent increased from +8% Caustic Finale Slow to +15%

Aghanim's Shard Ability
Epicenter
Upgrade
Every 700 units moved causes an Epicenter Pulse around you in 400 AoE.

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

99% sure that means "during epicenter", not just whenever

TOOT BOOT posted:

The Undying shard seems unwhelming as gently caress unless you're like pos 3 or something and can stay alive long enough to spam decay 5 times

The effect is good, the problem is having 1400 gold to spend on an item with no stats as Undying.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 18, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm astounded valve decided what OD needed was a nerf.

That's pretty good then.

e: Healing ward cd talent cd uptime is insane.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 18, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Juggernaut is a loving beast now, drat.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Every Dota hero launches as completely broken it's pretty expected at this point

I hate every hero valve has made.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emdash posted:

there was another patch, for some reason i can't find a nice-format valve page yet https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ki3j8l/728a_gameplay_update/ggonl7c/

ugh, that nerf to jugg shard is huuuuge. At least make an incremental nerf valve. :negative:

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah everyone else got new options from the shard, Sven has to pay 1400 gold to be how he was before.

Not even what he was before, since he doesn't get a free attack on impact.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't think I've ever seen interest in a new hero fall off so fast as Hoodwink. It's neither picked nor banned in most of my games.

I wish valve did like 4 heroes a year instead of 1 or 2, it really sucks when one of them is a dud.

The last full carry added to the game was Terrorblade, 5 years ago.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sugar free jazz posted:

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/trends

????????????????????????

hoodwink #2 in pick rate and has a 45% win rate, which is insane, in what way is hoodwink a dud

She's one of those stupid S2 HoN heroes that does a bit of everything and brings nothing unique to the table.

Also she looks dumb.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Protester posted:

you can be in the top 1% of dota players and still be an average pro

I'm top 1% and get completely blown away by any remotely noteworthy prob in pubs. :shrug:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1380596153259991040

Omniknight got a girlfriend

e: lmao her ult is INCREDIBLE

Doom "I wish I had armor"

THE MONKEY'S PAW CURLS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

lol the new hero is like someone from the avengers and its awesome

Visually I hate every hero unique to dota 2, too bad valve gave up on making games before all their artists quit

sugar free jazz posted:

enigma was really stupid and so was necro and im glad both are dead

Micro heroes are part of why dota's more fun to watch than something like lol, imo

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mikeraskol posted:

Wonder how her damage is if you do the WK Midas into Radiance.

well she doesn't have his crit and WK's selling point isn't his damage to begin with, so...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mikeraskol posted:

I'm actually quite annoyed by this Dawnbreaker thing. It's been five loving years since a carry was added. Can we just get one please? That isn't in the dumpster and that, when she's buffed, people aren't going to drop in the offlane or 4 position? Because maybe I'm being dramatic but that's what I see in her future.

It's like they don't know how to make carries anymore. I just want a new one to play in pubs.

While we're at it can we get some more new heroes that look kinda cool like Bane?

Sampatrick posted:

actually i think lycan going to 550 move speed from 650 is probably a bigger nerf than literally every other small buff in lycan's kit lol

That part is mind boggling, it's almost as big as the necro.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doom armor for losing hp regen is so bad lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I can't believe how few sources of Break there are in the game

They took out Nyx's recently even.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Night Stalker shard is extremely good, drat.

Satanic buff is incredible for CK.

Pudge mid might actually be legit now lol, hook CD reduction earlier on is nice and rot is a nightmare for anyone that can't escape

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rjmccall posted:

Man, I feel so embarrassed listening to Jenkins. He’s like a walking critique of the society which produced him. There should be a narrator superimposed on his life, earnestly telling us how we could’ve made a difference for this troubled young man before it ever got this far.

I've never watched Jenkins, whats wrong with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurreco posted:

Support Faceless Void?

Time Dilation damage is actually decent.

I remember someone in BSJ's chat mentioning "imagine being ganked by a level 2 time dilation faceless void support" and here we are :v: