Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

We will never know what would have happened if Infamous has more patience 25 minutes ago when they were diving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Notail:
Has millions
Wears Skechers

Goddamn ppd with the feeeemales

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Looking forward to buyback changes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

IcePhoenix posted:

they seem fine to me?

They used to be a defend your base / defend your push thing, but now you see them being used for team fights in the middle. Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like teams consequently aren’t buying as much in items now for mid-game teamfight buybacks.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Superrodan posted:

You stated something different about the game, but why do you consider that a bad thing? Mid-fight buybacks make fights more exciting and add more of a consequence for the next death, making the game more exciting and opening new opportunities.

From a spectator perspective it’s really irritating to see DPS poured into someone and then they pop right back up. In my case, I watched Infamous focus everything on Tiny only for him to buy back immediately. There is a normal mechanic for that sort of thing, which is the Aegis, and it has it’s own risks. The trade off of buyback as a cheap aegis is that teams are six slotted less and less often.

That said, someone was right when they said “it’s Craptacular.” I call for balance changes when things I don’t like happen to teams I want to win.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sphyre posted:

can't believe my boy arteezy is finally gonna lift the aegis

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

GRANDMA HERO?????!??

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Less heroes like Grimstroke and more heroes like Granny Goblin.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

EG go home

And disband

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheRat posted:

Arteezy will never win a TI

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if EG is going to just try and absorb Newbee minus CCnC. Not that I think CCnC is bad (as I begrudgingly admitted earlier) but more that I don't see SumaiL leaving them

It’s probably over, man.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't understand what you mean by this

Like Evil Geniuses Dota ceases being a thing

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Then again I guess if NaVi survives all the poo poo they went through, EG will too.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You know you really do impress me with how stupid you are in this thread

Don’t confuse stupid with mean. I didn’t know if they were anything beyond a Dota brand anymore, but it’s funner to say poo poo that sets people off than do basic research.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Real talk, though: the best all star game was the one that had like 20 people pulled out of the crowd and a screaming ODPixel.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sometimes I wonder what happened to that guy who posted here who had unhealthy opinions about Yawar.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ojetor posted:

would they take the Aegis in their own country, it would also keep the legend of "no one has ever won two TIs" going

This is what I’ve wanted for the past five years or so. If OG repeated, it would be interesting though because it was two years in a row.

I know Sumail has made some words to the effect of wanting to be the first repeat winner, and I think Puppey has said something along those lines as well. But for a whole drat team to repeat with no change in the roster from last year? Even old NaVi changed a support year to year.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 24, 2019

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Curious how eg loses and everyone decides to laugh at them here

And then vg gets stomped even harder and they’re not laughed at or called names.
Nobody posts “yeahhh boys bleed communist” when VG wins.

But really, EG played bad. Like “worst game in Sumail’s career” bad. VG just had no answer for Carry Wisp. It’s a bit like CDEC having no answer for EG’s Techies in 2015. That poo poo happens. It feels bad. It doesn’t make good humiliation material like Artour AM or Alliance clicking Gyro.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Yeah, gently caress that one rear end in a top hat in the crowd with the iPad.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ravus posted:

It's super fair to say that game wasn't all on him, and there was gently caress all else he could by the point they were raxing anyway, but farming mid while your base dies was loving hilarious.

The DotaWTF video of it was the GIFs of Vince McMahon being aroused whenever RTZ spies tier 1 towers and neutral camps, all the while his base is given the Kings Landing treatment.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Okay nvm I see where this goes

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

EG without Universe is just like the most easy to dislike team. It didn’t help that SumaiL basically made the team worse driving off PPD with his Allen Iverson impression.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

This is when the People’s Revolutionary Hackers put the fix in for LGD.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Possibility of seeing three games of that tomorrow. :thunk:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Oh wait

I forgot about the DK/IG supermatch at TI3

I think people booed that. At least the Korean casters did.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheRat posted:

Booing the opponent team is like the most common thing in sports

TI5 crowd preferred EG but was respectful of CDEC. Everyone was more surprised to see them get that far considering how they started in qualifiers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Det_no posted:

I cannot believe the constantly pausing, often taunting, "You mad?" chatwheel spamming team got booed.

I mean if this is what does it then Infamous should be booed out of the building.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Det_no posted:

I'm fairly sure INF wasn't specifically using the chinese chatwheel sounds though. Perhaps crowds get a bit heated when they can understand the poo poo talk you are saying?

Maybe? Like most SA teams they looove the taunts that make wacky sound effects and using them during escapes or pulling your lane.

At least they’re no longer dropping items deliberately and faking out animations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The only thing more vile in sports than booing is the designated hitter

:hmmyes:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Clearly what Dota needs to be recognized as an authentic sport is drunken bleacher creatures who get picked up on mic.

“NotAil!! NoOooOooOtaAiilllLllL!!! Fly killed your dog!”

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

There is indeed a Furion cosmetic that people are asked not to use since it breaks the game. Feel like in the past I’ve seen tourney games remade when it was caught early enough.

Means LGD had the same problems, though.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

I think LGD needs to move fast or else this draft is going to hurt. Like none of their heroes are particularly fast for mobility.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Don’t know if I’ve seen an Alch crush like this since Wings defeated Liquid in that one ESP finals.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

That dude must be really strong to carry Notail because Fly couldn’t.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ITT: people who for some reason think LGD didn’t consider any sort of counter in the fifteen minutes between games.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dude with the iPad just can’t stop with the homophobic poo poo.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spudd posted:

Am I not woke enough to get how it's homophobic?

KappaPride is the Twitch emote for “this is gay”, and earlier the guy had some message about doing sexual favors to get there.

It ended in “reeeeee” so I’m inclined to think he’s an rear end in a top hat.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

RIP Jerax
died a true YOLO death

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

There you go, refuse to engage the Alch and take out all of his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

God I loving love Slark